Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

What do you think about this gauge?

Search this Thread

Old 9/22/12, 11:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What do you think about this gauge?

http://www.americanmuscle.com/aerofo...ptor-0512.html

My friend has the air/fuel mixture gauge in his RX8 and I think it's pretty cool. The numbers are constantly changing when he drives. I been looking for a gauge just for looks. The dual interceptor gauges in the link say all you do is plug it in the port below your steering wheel, however, it says you need the air/fuel mixture wiring kit. I want something that's plug and play with no wiring installation necessary. Anyone have this gauge in the link? if so, how is it? Any other item you'd recommend?
Old 9/22/12, 11:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the single one,dont have the a/f connected but the rest of the parameters are pretty good if you know what theyre for
Old 9/23/12, 12:13 PM
GT Member

I have them in green they are very nice, i dont know about the A/F mix because i dont run that, but i know they have a lot of options and different displays. I have Coolant temp, and air intake temp on the top. On the bottom i have mph and rpm, the mph digital read out really helps with setting the cruise control on the highway ;D
Old 9/23/12, 12:16 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Will3212

My friend has the air/fuel mixture gauge in his RX8 and I think it's pretty cool. The numbers are constantly changing when he drives. I been looking for a gauge just for looks. The dual interceptor gauges in the link say all you do is plug it in the port below your steering wheel, however, it says you need the air/fuel mixture wiring kit. I want something that's plug and play with no wiring installation necessary. Anyone have this gauge in the link? if so, how is it? Any other item you'd recommend?
You need another O2 sensor welded in and wired to the A/F gauge.
Old 9/23/12, 08:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Rickybender
I have them in green they are very nice, i dont know about the A/F mix because i dont run that, but i know they have a lot of options and different displays. I have Coolant temp, and air intake temp on the top. On the bottom i have mph and rpm, the mph digital read out really helps with setting the cruise control on the highway ;D
so you just plug it in the port below the steering wheel and it works? Also, how did you run the wire from the gauges to the ODB port below the steering wheel?

Last edited by Will3212; 9/23/12 at 08:33 PM.
Old 9/23/12, 11:39 PM
Bullitt Member

I used a roush vent pid,just route the wire from the obd port thru the vent and conect to the gauge,reasemble the vent pod and conect the obd conector and tape the excess of the wire together and put it somewhere under the steering shaft or console and done,took me 15min
Attached Images  
Old 9/24/12, 09:59 AM
Former Vendor

Will3212,

This AeroForce gauge is really cool and definitely sounds like it's what you're looking for. Installation of the AeroForce Dual Interceptor Gauges is accomplished by simply plugging the supplied special proprietary connector into the OBD2 port below the steering wheel. Literally a plug-and-play install.

This gauge checks/clears CELs, Measures 1/4 mile times, 0-60 speeds, A/F ratios etc...

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions! Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266.

-Dan
Old 9/24/12, 11:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by AMDanBailer
Will3212,

This AeroForce gauge is really cool and definitely sounds like it's what you're looking for. Installation of the AeroForce Dual Interceptor Gauges is accomplished by simply plugging the supplied special proprietary connector into the OBD2 port below the steering wheel. Literally a plug-and-play install.

This gauge checks/clears CELs, Measures 1/4 mile times, 0-60 speeds, A/F ratios etc...

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions! Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266.

-Dan
I bought mine second hand off a car you guys may know(Kona blue GT, kids last name was Crabb?) Anyway, when I bought all the parts off of him they gauge didn't have ANY instructions. Anyway you could help me figure out all the cool features?
Old 9/25/12, 07:26 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The dual interceptor gauges in the link say all you do is plug it in the port below your steering wheel, however, it says you need the air/fuel mixture wiring kit.
Originally Posted by cdynaco
You need another O2 sensor welded in and wired to the A/F gauge.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought all 2011+ Mustangs came with OEM wideband sensors. Your profiles shows you drive a 2012 GT. All you should need to do is plug the Aeroforce into the OBDII port to get accurate air/fuel readings.

Here's a good review of that gauge installed into a 2011 GT:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...terceptor.html