'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

PIONEER AppRadio 3 (SPHDA210) InDash DVD Player install -'14Ford Mustang V6 w/o SYNC

Search this Thread

Old 3/5/14, 07:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool PIONEER AppRadio 3 (SPHDA210) InDash DVD Player install -'14Ford Mustang V6 w/o SYNC

I'm almost ready to install the Pioneer SPH-DA210 AppRadio 3 with the Maestro MRR and MUS1 setup in my new 2014 Ford Mustang. I bought my car bare bones, with no SYNC obviously. I figure this setup will be the same as the Kenwood, however it wont have all of the car specs available to it, besides half of them are unnecessary anyways.

As of now I have the

- iDatalink Maestro ADS-MRR Factory Integration Adapter
- iDatalink Connec ADS-HRN(SR)-FOR01 Factory Integration Adapter (not sure if Ill need this, since I think the MUS1 comes with one)
- Scosche Kit (*changed to this)

I have a Note 3 and plan on purchasing the Genuwine ET-H10FAUWEGWW Samsung Galaxy Note 3 MHL 2.0 HDTV HDMI Adapter to get it to work wired. I'm aware that I can do it through Bluetooth as well.

I also plan on getting the bypass of course.

If anyone has any experience installing a new MUS1 and another after market headunit besides the Kenwood devices, please help a brother out.
Attached Thumbnails PIONEER AppRadio 3 (SPHDA210) InDash DVD Player install -'14Ford Mustang V6 w/o SYNC-img_20140305_092719.jpg  

Last edited by Brandon Haines; 3/7/14 at 07:35 AM.
Old 3/5/14, 08:49 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
be sure to look into Arliberator so you can have full android control on the appradio and then able to fully control the phone from your radio as if your radio was android.

subscribing to this one...ive got the ipad mini in mine for a headunit, but interested to see how this works out for you.
Old 3/5/14, 09:13 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by DeeJayTJ
be sure to look into Arliberator so you can have full android control on the appradio and then able to fully control the phone from your radio as if your radio was android. subscribing to this one...ive got the ipad mini in mine for a headunit, but interested to see how this works out for you.
Do you have a build thread for that?

Last edited by laserred38; 3/5/14 at 09:36 AM.
Old 3/5/14, 09:28 AM
Bullitt Member

for arliberator? it was something i was going to go thru with before i saw the ottonavi android system - which ended up being garbage... then after that saw the ipad mount. so i never went thru with the arliberator, but there are several vids on youtube where people either get appradio extensions (ios) or arliberator (android) which allows full android or ios control from the headunit.
Old 3/5/14, 09:32 AM
Bullitt Member

this is an older video of the appradio 2 rather than the 3, i can only imagine that with 3 it will be much better than the 2.

Old 3/7/14, 07:38 AM

Should be getting the Scosche Dash Kit in a couple hours...Let us Pray. Ill try to take a few pics along the way of the major steps, but to me it seems to be a simple job. The only parts I may have a issue with is programming the Maestro to work with my steering wheel controls, if that works out then this is a success. If not then Ill just settle with no steering wheel controls, which I'm not really tripping about anyways.

Last edited by Brandon Haines; 3/7/14 at 07:43 AM.
Old 3/7/14, 07:40 AM

[Reserved for the Steps I take to get ARUnchained working with the Galaxy Note 3 - it may be a loooooong day tomorrow]

Last edited by Brandon Haines; 3/7/14 at 09:15 AM.
Old 3/7/14, 09:13 AM

Reserved

Last edited by Brandon Haines; 3/7/14 at 09:22 AM.
Old 3/7/14, 09:21 AM

Seems like ARUnchained is the way to go. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2451980

My MHL 2.0 & bypass are out for delivery, however it looks like my Scosche Dash kit wont be here until tomorrow. Dammit!

So this evening I'll just wire up the connections from the radio harness to the Maestro T-Harness...using plastic wire connectors. Probably run around town for an inexpensive backup camera, which I just decided to purchase, since I seem to be picking up the habit of not looking before I back up...Safe right?
Old 3/10/14, 08:20 AM
Bullitt Member

i found a rear view camera spoiler on ebay for 50$! maybe you can find a factory rear view camera for cheap like i did and go that route!
Old 3/10/14, 11:26 AM
Bullitt Member

You may have one issue....if I understand this correctly. You are installing a pioneer app radio correct ? and the RR+MUS1 dash kit ? If so what are you going to do about your climate controls ? My understanding is that only the Kenwood units work with the climate controls. I think the newer Pioneer and Alipines will work for this year (Not sure on this) But I do know that the Kenwood 13+ was the only HU that did it currently.

So does the app3 Pioneer have a way to control the climate now ? Or.......
Old 3/10/14, 01:30 PM
Bullitt Member

at first he was talking about the MUS1 kit but then later mentions the scosche dash kit, so i believe hes using the scosche dash kit.
Old 3/12/14, 10:09 AM

Ok I know I kind of disappeared, but long story short everything works right now.

My set up: the Scosche AB Dash Kit, RR, MHL, Note 3. (The RR meastro module is not working for the steering wheel controls for some reason, but its not a huge issue. I do believe that I flashed it correctly, but I don't think it took well, maybe it was a software issue as I rushed. It is wired correctly though, because a green light illuminates on the module whenever a steering wheel control button is pressed. I guess its just not accessing the pioneer remote system or something. I even connected the remote headphone jack but still nothing.)

I also have the bypass working as I'm able drive, view/access phone through MHL and watch DVDs on the move.

I'm using AppRadio Unchained and at first I was having connection issues with the MHL/HDMI as I would get the occasional snow effect but it only happens when u first initiate the process. I have mastered the process of getting it to connect whenever I enter the car, by leaving the ARU running and using tasker to activate the BT settings menu.

One major issue though if I am in a 3G only area the phone will lose data, and after reviewing several Samsung MHL threads it seems to be a issue with Samsung MHL 2.0 adapters. Something about MHL deactivating the connection or some crap about them accessing the same frequencies which I think is false. I gave up looking as I am usually connected to a 4G connection and it doesnt drop out in that situation. I hope to get to the root of the problem.

If anyone wants a list of instructions on how to get the Note 3 setup through MHL every time. I simply deactivate BT and run the ARU software, allow it to activate the phone BT...go to the Bluetooth settings and then connect to the AppRadio. The icon on the Radio should produce a BT symbol w/ a white background for around 30secs, after that if your bypass is wired correctly the radio should start mirroring the device and passing touch operation via BT. I also had to change app connection settings in the radio settings menu to "other".

Last edited by Brandon Haines; 3/12/14 at 10:21 AM.
Old 3/12/14, 11:33 AM
Bullitt Member

thats awesome! u should make a video!
Old 3/20/14, 07:52 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Brandon Haines
Ok I know I kind of disappeared, but long story short everything works right now.

My set up: the Scosche AB Dash Kit, RR, MHL, Note 3. (The RR meastro module is not working for the steering wheel controls for some reason, but its not a huge issue. I do believe that I flashed it correctly, but I don't think it took well, maybe it was a software issue as I rushed. It is wired correctly though, because a green light illuminates on the module whenever a steering wheel control button is pressed. I guess its just not accessing the pioneer remote system or something. I even connected the remote headphone jack but still nothing.)

I also have the bypass working as I'm able drive, view/access phone through MHL and watch DVDs on the move.

I'm using AppRadio Unchained and at first I was having connection issues with the MHL/HDMI as I would get the occasional snow effect but it only happens when u first initiate the process. I have mastered the process of getting it to connect whenever I enter the car, by leaving the ARU running and using tasker to activate the BT settings menu.

One major issue though if I am in a 3G only area the phone will lose data, and after reviewing several Samsung MHL threads it seems to be a issue with Samsung MHL 2.0 adapters. Something about MHL deactivating the connection or some crap about them accessing the same frequencies which I think is false. I gave up looking as I am usually connected to a 4G connection and it doesnt drop out in that situation. I hope to get to the root of the problem.

If anyone wants a list of instructions on how to get the Note 3 setup through MHL every time. I simply deactivate BT and run the ARU software, allow it to activate the phone BT...go to the Bluetooth settings and then connect to the AppRadio. The icon on the Radio should produce a BT symbol w/ a white background for around 30secs, after that if your bypass is wired correctly the radio should start mirroring the device and passing touch operation via BT. I also had to change app connection settings in the radio settings menu to "other".

PM me or contact tech support. We can get your steering wheel buttons working.

Cheers,