The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   '10-14 Interior and Audio (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f803/)
-   -   Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f803/padded-leather-console-armrest-covers-519160/)

Getportfolio 2/21/14 11:23 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Installed today. Once again, great quality! Thanks!

amustangrocks 2/21/14 06:42 PM

Thank You !! Looks good, nice car.

amustangrocks 2/21/14 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Dineau (Post 6756393)
I was told that because it was syntetic material it was very warm and people were complaining about their back side always being humid....

With the Alcantra it's much cooler and also I appreciate the fact that you don't slip as much from side to side in those seats, that also why most raqcing seats are made of material rather then leather.

Makes sense. Leather too gets really hot in the summer, I`m not sure the tiny perforation they used like in my car on the inserts really makes a difference either.

solscooter 3/4/14 05:28 PM

just ordered mine.

RubyRedMCA_Beast 3/11/14 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by solscooter (Post 6767180)
just ordered mine.

The quality is top notch, you'll be very pleased.

What combination did you go with?

Dineau 3/12/14 06:16 AM

Installed mine this weekend and still having issues with the Latch portion, I tried to glue the front piece to make sure the recessed portion is well position but the latch still dosen't come back by itself...

RubyRedMCA_Beast 3/12/14 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Dineau (Post 6770720)
Installed mine this weekend and still having issues with the Latch portion, I tried to glue the front piece to make sure the recessed portion is well position but the latch still dosen't come back by itself...

I played with mine a bit to soften up the leather in that area. I also didn't tighten the latch down as tight as possible, if you loosen it up a bit it should free up some space to allow the button to pop back up.

solscooter 3/13/14 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by RubyRedMCA_Beast (Post 6770248)
The quality is top notch, you'll be very pleased.

What combination did you go with?

went with charcoal alcantara center, smooth grain outer w/ white stripes. should match the leather recaros and the shelby shift boot/ebrake handle i put in earlier.

amustangrocks 3/14/14 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Dineau (Post 6770720)

Give it some time. The leather will break in it time. Wouldnt hurt to use some leather conditioner on it too. The med pebble is a tough leather. The plastic lids were not designed to have something wrapped around them in the frt at the latch. Theres no instant cure for new leather. It just takes time. Continued leather treatments will soften it up in time too.

Johnny5alive 3/15/14 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Dineau (Post 6754879)
My samples came in and here how they match to my 2013 GT/CS with the Alcantra inserts. Here is the seat design for the GT/CS Here are the 3 finish available compared to my seats, I guess Medium is the closest match Here is the Alcantra, as you can see it's not a perfect match but I think I will go with the black as it may fade with some wear.

Don't mean to be a d*ck but it's spelled "Alcantara."

It drives me crazy when people misspell it. Probably because it's my name.

spqr 3/17/14 02:15 PM

Are there plans to offer saddle leather in the future? I saw that it came up, but I didn't see an answer about whether there were plans for it.

thanks!

PJRManagement 3/17/14 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by spqr (Post 6773647)
Are there plans to offer saddle leather in the future? I saw that it came up, but I didn't see an answer about whether there were plans for it.

thanks!

---
I've been asking for a year, no luck.

Ajcruz1 3/18/14 03:26 AM

Just ordered a shift boot with white stitching to go with my new DIB w/ white stripes shift knob from CJ. Can't wait to get it installed.

amustangrocks 3/21/14 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by spqr (Post 6773647)

thanks!

No plans as of now. I just can`t get the material, its not available because there is not enough demand for the supplier to have it made and stock it. Theres a couple people that would also like to have it.

solscooter 3/31/14 08:13 AM

installed mine today. brought more comfort for my elbow than i thought it would. looks good, a little stiff with the latch but that should only improve w/ time and use

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7366/...8e1a70d4_c.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7048/...d267082c_c.jpg

CiniZter 3/31/14 10:05 AM

^ that looks nice.. wish it came from factory like that

solscooter 3/31/14 12:39 PM

thanks! matches almost perfectly. I'm wondering if the alcantara will break in near the latch like the leather is supposed too.

TomServo92 3/31/14 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by CiniZter (Post 6781273)
^ that looks nice.. wish it came from factory like that

I have one in my car. I'll show you at the next meet up I attend.

CiniZter 3/31/14 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by TomServo92 (Post 6781359)
I have one in my car. I'll show you at the next meet up I attend.

Sure will do that.

amustangrocks 4/3/14 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by solscooter (Post 6781345)
thanks! matches almost perfectly. I'm wondering if the alcantara will break in near the latch like the leather is supposed too.

Yes it should break in in time. The Alcantara we use for the top of the armrest is a cover grade (comes in 2 grades, panel grade which is really thin, and cover grade which is the same material only it has a backing like vinyl goods often come with) that makes it about the same thickness as the leather.

We use the panel grade for shift boots and e-brake boots, as being thinner is a little more flexible for those boots.

Ive had at least one customer that actually cut some of the plastic off the lid to adjust the fit of the cover better around the latch area. Not really sure how he did it, and I would never want to suggest doing that, as you might end up with a scrap lid, and I wouldnt want to be responsible for that.

We have over a couple hundred covers out there that have worked out well. The OEM med pebble is the toughest leather of the 3, its hard to work with and we dont like using it, but if someone needs or wants it we do. It takes the longest to break in around that latch. Using heat helps but time plays a key role with all new materials relaxing and breaking in.