'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

OPT7 Aura pro grille LED lighting kit

Search this Thread

Old 4/10/23 | 03:21 AM

OPT7 Aura pro grille LED lighting kit

Hi I would like to ask if anyone has installed an OPT7 Aura pro grille LED lighting kit or similar would appreciate the insight. I have a Mustang 2013 and I would like to install the LED kit that it lights up when I unlock the car using key fob and switch off when I lock. There are 4 wires on the OPT7 control box 2x power and 2x door assist/Aux. The door assist wires are supposed to act as a trigger signal to ON and OFF the device. What I want to know is in a video I saw someone wiring the power through the main fuse box/or battery and the door assist wires to the dome light. I saw on my car that when I unlock using the key fob the DRL/Foglamps and dome/map lights turn on, this is where I want to tap into using the Door Assist/Aux cables and it will act as an ON/OFF trigger. Can someone assist me where exactly I should tap into?
Old 4/19/23 | 02:55 AM

Hi, I found someone who was able to wire it not on a mustang though but he shared the wiring procedure.

It is double I think in this way. If I wire it in this way, when ever I unlock the car the 'door assist' function will trigger which turns the LEDs on white, once I enter the car the other relays keep them on even though the dome light dims off. My question is after the diode I should connect to the dome light negative, I not sure which wire it is. I looked at my overhead console, and i see 2 wires coming out of each bulb blk/yel and white, then with other wiring all going to a connector. similar to this photo:

Any one has a idea where i should connect to the negative of the dome light?