Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

OK button on steering wheel missing?

Search this Thread

Old 7/14/11, 09:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OK button on steering wheel missing?

I have a '12 GT Premium with navigation. On everybody else's pictures of their steering wheels, I see an "OK" next to the phone icon on the buttons. I don't have this. I can't push the right side of that button. Only the left for the phone.

Why?

Old 7/15/11, 05:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

That's really weird. I just ran to the garage and checked and I do indeed have an OK button there. I'm guessing you got a mis-build and you should definitely bring it up to the dealer. There was another guy that didn't get the garage door opener on his visor. I don't think it's common but it happens.
Old 7/15/11, 06:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not the first time I've seen this.
Old 7/15/11, 07:13 AM
V6 Member

I'm missing an OK button as well...
Old 7/15/11, 07:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

I don't have an OK button either . . . I'm guessing nav cars didn't get it?
Old 7/15/11, 08:10 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 99mstng
I don't have an OK button either . . . I'm guessing nav cars didn't get it?
OP said he has NAV. What does the OK button do?

JR
Old 7/15/11, 10:12 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by godspunk32
OP said he has NAV. What does the OK button do?

JR
I don't have nav and my ok button answers calls for sync. Haven't tried to use it for anything else. Is there a touch screen feature on the nav that would eliminate the need for it?
Old 7/15/11, 10:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
my nav doesn't have it either, too bad as I'd love a quick-dismissing button to shut the Mrs' up.
Old 7/15/11, 01:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Eh, alright. As long as it's not just me.
Old 7/15/11, 07:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ha, I just went and looked at a bunch of cars with NAV and none of them do either. The 'ok' button is also on one of the dials on the Shaker 500 that doesn't exist in the NaAV cars. Funny that I never noticed that before.
Old 7/16/11, 03:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

Haweye just had to start this thread. I just couldn't sit here and wonder if I had an OK button or not cause I certainly didn't remember. It's after 11pm and I started putting my shoes on and getting a shirt and the little lady wants to know where I'm going this time of night. I said to check something on the car. Can't it wait til morning she said, no, if I don't do this now I won't sleep. Well take the dog out while you out there. Didn't bargain for all that, just was hoping to run out for a quick look and back inside. 30 seconds tops. 30 minutes later I get back because the dog wanted to sniff every blade of grass and pee on everything in sight. You sure was gone long, did you meet your b@#$% out there? nope, she couldn't get away plus I had the dog, All hell breaks loose, here we go again. You say that again and I'm leaving. I would if I thought you would leave. Very funny Mr. If you want me to go just say so. Leave or stay doesn't matter to me, while you making up your mind please shut the f up I've had enough of this BS. See I knew you didn't want me to leave. Anyways, I don't have an ok button. Lotta crap to go through to find that out. Whew! and everyone wants to know why I'm not married.
Old 7/16/11, 07:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Big Poppa
Haweye just had to start this thread. I just couldn't sit here and wonder if I had an OK button or not cause I certainly didn't remember. It's after 11pm and I started putting my shoes on and getting a shirt and the little lady wants to know where I'm going this time of night. I said to check something on the car. Can't it wait til morning she said, no, if I don't do this now I won't sleep. Well take the dog out while you out there. Didn't bargain for all that, just was hoping to run out for a quick look and back inside. 30 seconds tops. 30 minutes later I get back because the dog wanted to sniff every blade of grass and pee on everything in sight. You sure was gone long, did you meet your b@#$% out there? nope, she couldn't get away plus I had the dog, All hell breaks loose, here we go again. You say that again and I'm leaving. I would if I thought you would leave. Very funny Mr. If you want me to go just say so. Leave or stay doesn't matter to me, while you making up your mind please shut the f up I've had enough of this BS. See I knew you didn't want me to leave. Anyways, I don't have an ok button. Lotta crap to go through to find that out. Whew! and everyone wants to know why I'm not married.

Old 7/17/11, 09:11 AM
Team Mustang Source

lol thats cool
Old 7/17/11, 01:21 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Big Poppa
I read your post to my wife and for some reason she didn't find it NEARLY as funny as I did!
Old 7/18/11, 11:01 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 779 Likes on 568 Posts
You guys without the ok button have an uber rare ride. Great selling point ....oh and you goo big Poppa lol
Old 7/18/11, 02:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
You guys without the ok button have an uber rare ride.
No, not having an OK button plus this makes it an über rare ride:

It's twice as fun when it's raining!

Old 7/18/11, 05:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
You guys without the ok button have an uber rare ride. Great selling point ....oh and you goo big Poppa lol
No, they have Navigation systems. :-)