Metra's new radio mount kit. - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

Metra's new radio mount kit.

Old 4/7/17, 07:04 PM   #1
V6 Member

Metra's new radio mount kit.

So, have not seen anybody post about this. It's the Metra 99-5839CH, finally they did it the correct way with the radio on top.

Sadly looks like the first batch had the brackets missing. No surprise for me, because Crutchfield called notifying and letting me know they where going to ship them. BTW they have the best price by a wide margin on this kit.

I do have a Maestro kit already, so maybe I can test with that mounting bracket over the weekend.

I'll maybe post pics tomorrow of what's in the box. I have a decent HU so I'm not sure if Ill be mounting the lower display.
Slowb00st is offline   Reply With Quote
Join The Mustang Source

Join TheMustangSource.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Mustang fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Mustang Fans to meet online.
Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your stang, and have a great time with other Ford Mustang fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Mustang you'll find that TheMustangSource.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TheMustangSource.com Today! - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Old 4/8/17, 05:37 PM   #2
V6 Member

Im not using the bottom display/controls, yes a very expensive piece of plastic aka trim kit.

Radio on the inside is a single din, wont think a full double will without hacking up the car a bit.

Height difference against Maestro.
Color match is off, and as you can see scratches easily (That was with a new microfiber towel). The maestro's color match was way better.
Slowb00st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4/12/17, 08:20 PM   #3

That's the kind of thing I've been waiting for. I'd prefer stock buttons and dials for the AC controls but Ford has made that impossible if you want to upgrade your stereo. As far as the color mismatch, wasn't there some paint available that was almost an exact match mentioned in one of these threads before?

So tell us about that head unit. What information from the car does it display and how well does it work with phone calls and bluetooth sync?
Paten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4/16/17, 02:38 PM   #4
GT Member

I'm interested in this also.
DJ2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5/25/17, 07:37 PM   #5
GT Member

That looks great. I would paint it with SEM paint to match the factory color.
amplifier28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9/26/17, 07:02 PM   #6

Did you ever hook up the bottom screen and controls? I was wondering what the 4 physical buttons on each side of the screen actually control. Do you have the Maestro RR hooked up as well with this. How did you relocate the HVAC module behind the factory screen? I appreciate any more info on this.

Last edited by Newchamp; 9/30/17 at 06:29 PM.
Newchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/26/17, 09:26 PM   #7

Sorry to bring this post back up, but did you have the factory Navigation or just the regular Shaker system? Hoping to see if this works replacing the factory navigation. Also hoping it works with the Maestro RR system too. Thanks!
RickIsYoDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/27/17, 10:23 AM   #8

I ended up having this kit installed on 10/09/17 at a local installer. I have the Shaker 500, w/o nav. The interface and S.W.C. on the Metra kit is the screen unit itself. I had the installer contact Metra to see if it was compatible with the Maestro. Metra said it is not.

Issues I have is on the steering wheel controls and SYNC compatibility. The volume, previous,next track, and source input buttons work fine. The "OK" button does nothing. The Push to Talk, and Phone pick up/hang up buttons cause the new head unit(Kenwood DDX9904s) to crash and power off. The only way to get the head unit back on is to change the source input button and it will power back on.

I hear the SYNC lady when I press the PTT, but although my phone is paired to the head unit, SYNC says there are no bluetooth devices connected. The tech at the installer said he will contact Metra to see if they can resolve the issues. However I have lost confidence in the installer.

This kit places the head unit and the HVAC control screen in the perfect position IMO, and I like having the 4 physical buttons for temperature up/down and fan speed up/down. The Maestro kit only be set up for 3 of those 4 as the other 2 of the 5 buttons on the Maestro kit cannot be user defined. As far as the issues I am having I'm not sure if it's the kit or the installer. If I could get the PTT button working I would be completely satisfied. I don't know if the iDatalink MUS1 kit retains all SWC functions including PTT or not.
Newchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/28/17, 11:15 AM   #9
GT Member

I know this thread is a little old, but just throwing out there that you can find this metra kit on ebay for a good bit cheaper then cruthfield's discounted price when you also purchase a head unit. It's also still like $100 more then you can find the maestro ads-mus01.

I ordered the metra for my wife's 2016 cause options are extremely limited, but for my 12 I'm going maestro

fourdegrees11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/15/17, 01:20 PM   #10

It amazes me that installers and tech support arenít knowledgable enough to integrate components. I am new to this stuff and canít even figure out how to integrate sync and steering wheel controls, but had no problem getting full integration of the metra and maistro RR. I just spliced the two power harnesses from the metra unit into the corresponding wires on the maistro harness. Programmed the maistro RR harnesses to have all features except climate control (to prevent data collision) and tada - full integration. You donít have to pick between the two. I just need to figure out sync and steering wheel control. Google makes results hard to come by now a days

rbbrown505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/5/17, 11:34 PM   #11

How come you have a dual zone climate? Was your car with a factory nav originally?
Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/6/17, 11:13 PM   #12
GT Member

NVM wrong thread
fourdegrees11 is offline   Reply With Quote