Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

Kenwood HU questions

Search this Thread

Old 3/16/13, 08:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Kenwood HU questions

Anyone here have any experience with the kenwood DNX6990HD or any kenwood hu?
I started the install my my '12 last night and just then found out you can't retain sync AND sat radio, its either one or the other.
I've decided to go with keeping sirrius over sync.
What else do I need to hook up sirrius? There must be some sort of adapter im missing.
I bought the maestro rr unit for the reason of retaining sync and steering wheel controls, I hope I can still keep the sw controls without sync!
Also is there an adapter out there so I can hook up my stock gps antenna and not have to add another one?
Old 3/26/13, 06:10 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a similar Kenwood unit, basically the same thing w/o nav. It's an awesome unit from a sound quality and functionality standpoint, it has a really deep EQ, and has apps for basically whatever you would want. It has so many features that you really need to read the manual if you get into the features of the head unit, that's probably the only bad thing.

They make a separate Sirius unit that plugs into the head unit, I think it costs like $50, that will allow you to use your Sirius/XM radio account. I have the PAC to retain steering wheel controls, I guess the Maestro is the same thing but I have no familiarity with that. Also no idea on the GPS antenna, since I don't have the nav unit.

Oh one other thing, I would definitely recommend getting the reverse camera with this head unit. The camera works great, has very good night vision, and makes parking super easy.