'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

Katzkin, anyone use them?

Search this Thread

Old 7/7/13 | 12:12 AM
Cobra R Member

Katzkin, anyone use them?

I ruined my interior coloring the threads red. I'm thinking of going with katzkin to replace my current leather. Anyone had experience with this manufacturer? I am concerned with quality and longevity. Any help is appreciated. I am considering buying a take off leather interior from eBay and just returning to what it was before I screwed if up.
Old 7/7/13 | 09:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Mr. V
I ruined my interior coloring the threads red. I'm thinking of going with katzkin to replace my current leather. Anyone had experience with this manufacturer? I am concerned with quality and longevity. Any help is appreciated. I am considering buying a take off leather interior from eBay and just returning to what it was before I screwed if up.
It'll be better than your oem leather. I'm sure you didn't screw it up that bad. I would at least get a year or so of wear on your stock seats first.
Old 7/7/13 | 09:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by mikeyt03
It'll be better than your oem leather. I'm sure you didn't screw it up that bad. I would at least get a year or so of wear on your stock seats first.
Dye the OEM thread black to match the leather, then sell them on eBay and make some money back!
Old 7/8/13 | 01:59 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by ColSaulTigh

Dye the OEM thread black to match the leather, then sell them on eBay and make some money back!
I've thought about that. Pretty good idea. Hmmm. Maybe buy some audio equipment. Your build journal is like crack to an addict. I've worked so hard to escape the demon.

Originally Posted by mikeyt03

My car will be 2 years old in August. My son is a slob, so this could be a good idea. I'm leaning towards buying eBay take off leather.
Old 7/9/13 | 07:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

Wait wait wait. Can you elaborate on how you ruined your interior with the dye? I've been thinking about doing this and there was another thread where someone used FabricMate
Old 7/9/13 | 12:02 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Rando
Wait wait wait. Can you elaborate on how you ruined your interior with the dye? I've been thinking about doing this and there was another thread where someone used FabricMate
The dye worked its way into the small cracked areas of the leather. This only happened in the high wear areas of the seat. The headrests and back rests look perfect. It's the seat bottom that has extra red around the fringes. When I did it my car was already almost 2 years old. I think the folks in the other thread you mentioned had brand new cars. I think this is the difference in results.