Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

Got my car tinted today....EPIC FAIL

Search this Thread

Old 7/9/11, 12:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got my car tinted today....EPIC FAIL

Woke up this morning to the sound of my boss calling me and telling me that I had the day off, so I figured "ah lets see if my guy can tint my car today". Call him and he tells me "be here at 1pm and I will get you right in", wonderful. I get there at 12:45 and hes not there, I figured its cool he told me 1pm anyway. 1:15....1:30(this is the point I had a feeling this was going to be bad). He strolls in at 1:45 SCREAMING at his girlfriend....GREAT..I pull the car in, he asks "what do you want done". I told him double layer 5%, 20% windshield and a 5% eyebrow. My girlfriend gets there around 2 and we go on our way. I made the mistake of paying him upfront because he "had to run"(he has a drug issue, but does great work....and its a Friday, you do the math). He calls me at 3:30 and says that its done and he locked the keys in the car like I asked. I get there around 4pm and I can see into the car clear as day(20% all around) NO windshield tint or eyebrow.....

I call him, no answer.

I get a call back at 11:13pm! Really!? Granted I am 21 so I was at the bar and ran out and said that the sides aren't double layer 5....much less 5%. Hes response is "well once the windshield is done itll be darker"....He knew it wasnt done, but left the job half done and wrong.

Ask me how my day went haha
Old 7/9/11, 01:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by slostang
Woke up this morning to the sound of my boss calling me and telling me that I had the day off, so I figured "ah lets see if my guy can tint my car today". Call him and he tells me "be here at 1pm and I will get you right in", wonderful. I get there at 12:45 and hes not there, I figured its cool he told me 1pm anyway. 1:15....1:30(this is the point I had a feeling this was going to be bad). He strolls in at 1:45 SCREAMING at his girlfriend....GREAT..I pull the car in, he asks "what do you want done". I told him double layer 5%, 20% windshield and a 5% eyebrow. My girlfriend gets there around 2 and we go on our way. I made the mistake of paying him upfront because he "had to run"(he has a drug issue, but does great work....and its a Friday, you do the math). He calls me at 3:30 and says that its done and he locked the keys in the car like I asked. I get there around 4pm and I can see into the car clear as day(20% all around) NO windshield tint or eyebrow.....

I call him, no answer.

I get a call back at 11:13pm! Really!? Granted I am 21 so I was at the bar and ran out and said that the sides aren't double layer 5....much less 5%. Hes response is "well once the windshield is done itll be darker"....He knew it wasnt done, but left the job half done and wrong.

Is he good for fixing it how you want? If not that really sucks!
Old 7/9/11, 01:58 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You must have purchased some cheap *** tint to see in clearly at 20%
Old 7/9/11, 08:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by futonpimp
Is he good for fixing it how you want? If not that really sucks!
He will fix it one way or another, I have a receipt that clearly states what I ordered. Ill park my car in front of his shop door if he gives me any issue. I think it was Friday, he didn't have a big enough roll of 5%(does the back window as a 1 piece) and told me he had to go in back to check, didn't have any and just put 20% on just to get the cash to get high on his Friday night.
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
You must have purchased some cheap *** tint to see in clearly at 20%
Ok, maybe clearly wasn't the best word, I can see outlines, bright colored cars through the tint. You have to remember I am coming from a car with 2 layers of 5%....to a car with one layer or 20% now. He uses Llumar or 3M, its think stuff....on my old car after 5 years there was only a few scratches and no dis color.

Last edited by slostang; 7/9/11 at 08:50 AM.
Old 7/9/11, 12:42 PM
Bullitt Member

You don't pay a crack head up front Smokey!
Old 7/9/11, 01:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Bigblue11
You don't pay a crack head up front Smokey!
You know, I would agree but I figured someone that has tinted over 20 cars of people I have sent him....wouldn't stick it up my *** like this, but I will give him a chanve to correct his mistake....
Old 7/9/11, 02:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
"he has a drug issue, but does great work..."

Is it just me, or does this statement kind of make the entire story sound like it came out just about right?

/yes, I know, outsider and all that, but still...
Old 7/9/11, 02:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by houtex
"he has a drug issue, but does great work..."

Is it just me, or does this statement kind of make the entire story sound like it came out just about right?

/yes, I know, outsider and all that, but still...
I agree but, his work speaks for itself, no bubbles a solid one piece rear window not sectioned....flawless work. And like I said, this is the first time I have had ANY discrepancies with him, on any work.
Old 7/9/11, 03:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

I understand he does good work, but until he is off the pipe or whatever he is doing I'd steer clear of him. Too easy for the cops to raid the place and you get caught up in the caught up and may even lose your car and/or your freedom.
Old 7/9/11, 04:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Big Poppa
I understand he does good work, but until he is off the pipe or whatever he is doing I'd steer clear of him. Too easy for the cops to raid the place and you get caught up in the caught up and may even lose your car and/or your freedom.
Im going to assume its a meth addiction, but also I don't see the police taking my car and or arresting me for being a patron of a legitimate store front. Its not like its a garage at his home. I could be wrong, I just don't see how. I am paying for a service and nothing more. Enlighten me, the young stubborn person I am cant see it, maybe you can help me understand?
Old 7/9/11, 05:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

Im going to assume its a meth addiction, but also I don't see the police taking my car and or arresting me for being a patron of a legitimate store front. Its not like its a garage at his home. I could be wrong, I just don't see how. I am paying for a service and nothing more. Enlighten me, the young stubborn person I am cant see it, maybe you can help me understand?
You are correct, maybe nothing will happen. Maybe he won't leave drugs in your car, maybe he won't implicate you when he cuts a deal with the DA, maybe the cops will say go on about your business you were only legitmate customer.

Maybe you will to go to jail for something you had nothing to do with. Maybe Bubba will find you attractive. My grandma used to say, when you lie down with dogs you bound to get fleas. Good Luck.
Old 7/9/11, 05:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Big Poppa
You are correct, maybe nothing will happen. Maybe he won't leave drugs in your car, maybe he won't implicate you when he cuts a deal with the DA, maybe the cops will say go on about your business you were only legitmate customer.

Maybe you will to go to jail for something you had nothing to do with. Maybe Bubba will find you attractive. My grandma used to say, when you lie down with dogs you bound to get fleas. Good Luck.
Fail enough, I didn't think of some of those aspects. Gotta' love grandma's!
Old 7/9/11, 08:33 PM
Banned

What kind of mustang is this?
Old 7/9/11, 08:43 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Well at least he's not a pedophile.
Old 7/10/11, 09:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

You're young, and until you see first hand the full life impact meth can have on a friend or family member, you want understand just how clear you need to stay from these people.

I had a friend of 15-years start dating an old girlfriend turned stripper from high school, and he got into the meth scene with her. After about 4-months of watching everything is his life become secondary or lower to his meth use, I decided I was done and cut all ties with my longtime friend turned meth user.

It almost seems like you expected your tint job to potentially have problems, you saw the warning signs, and you ignored them anyway. If you give this guy another chance to make right, you will just get screwed again.
Old 7/10/11, 09:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
What kind of mustang is this?
'12 GT.

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Well at least he's not a pedophile.
If thats...a...positive

Originally Posted by kn7671
You're young, and until you see first hand the full life impact meth can have on a friend or family member, you want understand just how clear you need to stay from these people.

I had a friend of 15-years start dating an old girlfriend turned stripper from high school, and he got into the meth scene with her. After about 4-months of watching everything is his life become secondary or lower to his meth use, I decided I was done and cut all ties with my longtime friend turned meth user.

It almost seems like you expected your tint job to potentially have problems, you saw the warning signs, and you ignored them anyway. If you give this guy another chance to make right, you will just get screwed again.
Im very sorry to hear about your friend, I hope hes getting things straight. I would LIKE to get this issue fixed before I cut all ties and get nothing out of the deal. I should have stopped when I saw it coming, but
Old 7/10/11, 10:23 AM
Banned

When you're spending 40k+ on a Mustang, you don't go the cheap route, when it comes to adding to it's appearance. Just a thought.
Old 7/10/11, 10:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

He isn't cheap....just out of the 4 REPUTABLE people in this small state he does the best work....otherwise I wouldn't use him.
Old 7/10/11, 12:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

I call him, no answer.

Nuff said!
Old 7/10/11, 08:21 PM
Cobra R Member

20% would be better than 5%... IMHO... The 'epic fail' is more so your own undoing to go to a drug addict than a professional shop...

Quick Reply: Got my car tinted today....EPIC FAIL