Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

Ford Alamr System

Search this Thread

Old 8/18/14, 10:23 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Ford Alamr System

Does anyone have the Ford security system 7L3Z-19A361-AA? Now that I'm working on audio upgrades I'm thinking about adding a real alarm. However, I was wondering if there were any alarms that will just use the factory key fob to arm(lock) and disarm(unlock). I don't want to have an extra fob in my pocket. So I decided to look at the Ford system. Here is the description.

Protect your vehicle and its contents with a state-of-the-art security system. Includes a Lifetime Limited Warranty on parts (contact dealer for complete details). Dealer installation recommended. NOTE: Vehicles equipped with a security system may be eligible for insurance discounts in some states/provinces.
Two-step perimeter alarm gives a warning chirp for non-threatening impacts and a Real Panic Sound if security is threatened.
IT-s (Interior Theft Sensor) uses infrared technology to protect the vehicles contents.
Factory-supplied transmitter remotely locks/unlocks doors and deactivates the alarm.
Dome lights are activated for illuminated entry/exit.
For vehicles equipped with factory keyless entry.

Does anyone know if the "Factory-supplied transmitter" means the one that came with my car?
Old 8/18/14, 06:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
I have the "Reverse sensing and security package" in my 14 GT Premium which I think contains the module you describe. It uses the remote built into the key.

The only security feature I tested was to lock the car with the window down then wave my arm inside. This triggered the alarm.

Edit: How do you know that my remote is the same as your remote though?

Last edited by berzerk_1980; 8/18/14 at 06:17 PM.
Old 8/19/14, 09:59 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by berzerk_1980
I have the "Reverse sensing and security package" in my 14 GT Premium which I think contains the module you describe. It uses the remote built into the key.

The only security feature I tested was to lock the car with the window down then wave my arm inside. This triggered the alarm.

I will try to post a picture of mine later. If you can post one of yours that would be cool. Maybe even look to see if there's a part number on it. One of the dealers told me it should work the way I want it to. I'm waiting to hear back from another dealer that's closer on pricing. The further dealer is showing it costs less though.
Old 8/20/14, 06:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by mustang5o
I will try to post a picture of mine later. If you can post one of yours that would be cool. Maybe even look to see if there's a part number on it. One of the dealers told me it should work the way I want it to. I'm waiting to hear back from another dealer that's closer on pricing. The further dealer is showing it costs less though.
Since the Android app isn't working I can't subscribe to this thread but I'll try to remember to post a picture. By the way I got one of those flip key fobs on eBay and it works too, so I think any compatible fob will work.

Is the module installed in an accessible location? I can try to see if it's the same part number if I can find it.
Old 8/21/14, 12:07 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm not sure how or where it's installed. Local dealer believes it will use my standard key fob (built in on the factory keys). Plus if you are saying a flip key that's been programmed works then I'm sure this is what I want. Now I just need a little extra cash to have them order it. The dealer closer to me actually got the price very close to the other dealer. I couldn't find a part number on my key but here's a picture.

Name:  fob.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  95.0 KB
Old 8/21/14, 11:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'm not sure how or where it's installed. Local dealer believes it will use my standard key fob (built in on the factory keys). Plus if you are saying a flip key that's been programmed works then I'm sure this is what I want. Now I just need a little extra cash to have them order it. The dealer closer to me actually got the price very close to the other dealer. I couldn't find a part number on my key but here's a picture.

Yep, that's what my OEM key looks like. Here's the auction I got my flip key from:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221074596583?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D221074596583%26_rdc%3D1
You need to:

- Make sure you have two original programmed keys or you're at the mercy of the dealer and locksmith
- Buy the key from eBay. My seller sent me the programming procedures, I think enclosed in the package. There are TWO procedures, one to make the buttons work and one for PATS. Reread the previous sentence and say out loud how many procedures there are. Lots of people seem to be forgetting one procedure or the other and can't figure out why the buttons don't work, for example.
- Take the flip key to a LOCKSMITH (not hardware store) and ask them to cut it. Tell them you know it won't start the car. Be aware that some locksmiths are jerks so have an exit strategy and a few locksmiths picked out. Mine was cool and cut me a sample key to test my locks with before cutting my fob to make sure the fob would work mechanically. He did say the whole thing sounded "sketchy", so you might need to have the car with you, ownership paperwork, etc.
- Once the key works to operate the locks, follow the programming procedures and enjoy.
- You might want to order a medallion for the back of the key. There have been mixed reviews on this. I personally haven't gotten to it.
Old 8/22/14, 02:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This. The motion sensors are in the dome light housing.
Old 8/24/14, 12:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Yep, that's what my OEM key looks like. Here's the auction I got my flip key from:

New Ford Lincoln Mercury Flip Key Fob Keyless Entry Remote 4 Button | eBay

You need to:

- Make sure you have two original programmed keys or you're at the mercy of the dealer and locksmith
- Buy the key from eBay. My seller sent me the programming procedures, I think enclosed in the package. There are TWO procedures, one to make the buttons work and one for PATS. Reread the previous sentence and say out loud how many procedures there are. Lots of people seem to be forgetting one procedure or the other and can't figure out why the buttons don't work, for example.
- Take the flip key to a LOCKSMITH (not hardware store) and ask them to cut it. Tell them you know it won't start the car. Be aware that some locksmiths are jerks so have an exit strategy and a few locksmiths picked out. Mine was cool and cut me a sample key to test my locks with before cutting my fob to make sure the fob would work mechanically. He did say the whole thing sounded "sketchy", so you might need to have the car with you, ownership paperwork, etc.
- Once the key works to operate the locks, follow the programming procedures and enjoy.
- You might want to order a medallion for the back of the key. There have been mixed reviews on this. I personally haven't gotten to it.
I went through this procedure to replace my Jeep keys when I got my aftermarket alarm/remote start. I didn't want the big keys with the buttons plus the fob from the alarm. I bought some regular keys, had them cut (no issues from anyone) programmed them and then when I got the alarm installed I was golden. I probably won't bother with the flip keys though.

Thanks for the info.
Old 8/24/14, 02:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

I went through this procedure to replace my Jeep keys when I got my aftermarket alarm/remote start. I didn't want the big keys with the buttons plus the fob from the alarm. I bought some regular keys, had them cut (no issues from anyone) programmed them and then when I got the alarm installed I was golden. I probably won't bother with the flip keys though.

Thanks for the info.
It's been a couple days and now I'm not sure why I thought it was important to explain what the procedure was to get a flip key, but I think it was in case you found your key wasn't compatible for some reason and needed to buy a new key that was compatible, it isn't a big deal to go aftermarket.
Sorry for the long anecdote.
Old 8/24/14, 02:36 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 550 Likes on 356 Posts
The Factory Alarm works off the Door locks.
Lock it with the Key in the lock cylinder it only monitors the Trunk, Doors and hood.
Lock it with the Fob or the interior electric switch it turns on everything.
From what I understand the Ford aftermarket system works the same as the factory (this is what I was told when I was thinking about putting it in my 2010).
Old 8/25/14, 07:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Siber Express
The Factory Alarm works off the Door locks.
Lock it with the Key in the lock cylinder it only monitors the Trunk, Doors and hood.
Lock it with the Fob or the interior electric switch it turns on everything.
From what I understand the Ford aftermarket system works the same as the factory (this is what I was told when I was thinking about putting it in my 2010).
Yeah, I think I read that in my manual when I was researching what the standard anti theft system did (doesn't let car start without programmed key...duh). I'm pretty sure the part I'm looking at is the same thing as if you had ordered from the factory (which also included wheel locks and a locking console I think).