Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

Dynamat installation inside door panels

Search this Thread

Old 11/29/13, 09:25 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dynamat installation inside door panels

For those of you that have done this, by what means is the OEM plastic vapor barrier attached to the door? Is it easily reattached or you need adhesive removed?

Pulled the trigger on some Infinity Kappas components, and Dayton Audio reference woofers that will be installed in my GT Premium door panels. After spending all that money on door speakers, I want the sound to be as good as it can get. Got a kit from Amazon, GT-Matt 25 sq ft. w/roller for 50$. Might have got away with a smaller roll but wanted to have enough.
Old 11/29/13, 08:13 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The moisture barrier just peels off. The adhesive will also mostly peel off as well, but if you are laying down the mat on the door you won't really need to worry too much about the adhesive. Make sure the door is fairly clean; free of any loose debris or dirt. Also, you will want to try to heat the mat, or do it on a warm day. Push the mat against the door, heat it with a heat gun/hair dryer, and use the roller to get a good adherence to the door.

Take your time and it will come out fine.
Old 11/30/13, 09:46 AM
Cobra Member

I would like to reinstall the vapor barrier when the install is done. Guess I'll look around for some flexible adhesive caulk. Yeah I hear ya about surface prep, it's required for any job like this. Will use a hair dryer to get the material to the proper temp.
Old 11/30/13, 01:16 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you want to keep the vapor barrier I'd look for something like
this stuff this stuff
so you can still pull it off if you need to get inside the door. It stays sticky and won't harden up.
Old 11/30/13, 03:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

when i did mine i just peeled it off and then it stuck right back up when i was done using the stuff that was already on it and it stayed up. i did it about a year ago and i just had the door panel off about a week ago and it was still stuck on there pretty good.