Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

Center console removal / E-brake handle replacement

Search this Thread

Old 9/1/13, 02:32 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Center console removal / E-brake handle replacement

I purchased the leather wrapped emergency brake handle for my 2013 Base mustang.

I printed out all the factory shop manual procedures on loosening cable tension, removing the console from the car, and removal and re-install of the emergency brake handle.

All of these things seem very simple, and I was almost there today when I tried to tackle this project, and something amazingly simple is holding me up.

The electrical connectors for the power point inside the console, and the connector for the brake lamp on the dash, connected to the emergency brake handle.

I cannot seem to release them. I cannot find the tab to release the connector on the power point. I have taken photos with my cell phone to try to see in the areas where I cannot normally see with the console installed in the vehicle.

The tab to release the connector that plugs into the switch for the brake light seems to be on the bottom of the connector, from what I can see on the new connector on the new leather brake handle, but I cannot seem to press it down to get the connector undone.

Crazy how something so simple is holding me up from completing this project.

Any advice?
Old 9/2/13, 07:08 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
If it is teh same as the 05 - 09, then the tab is on the underside. I remember just not being able to find it either. I was getting pretty frustrated.

A small mirror went a long way in helping me find where I had to push on with a small screwdriver. It is there, though.