'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

Alpine Perfect FIT System

Search this Thread

Old 6/26/12, 09:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Alpine Perfect FIT System

This is an expensive setup but very cool. From what I have read it is a direct replacement for the Mustang OEM radio. All the contols still work and it has a MASSIVE 8 inch screen. The dash kit is a specialized Scosche kit from the looks. The placement isn't any different and the price of the Kit, and the Nav unit are over $2000 but its still very cool that Alpine made a direct replacement that plugs right in.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500KTXM...g.html?tp=3486
Old 6/26/12, 09:25 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Too bad its behind the shifter instead of up top where its supposed to be
Old 6/26/12, 09:30 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
I like it. This may be the solution I'm looking for, provided we can get it at a better price.

Thanks.
Old 6/27/12, 02:16 PM
Bullitt Member

I like it.

I wonder what it will take to actually detach the faceplate/screen from a aftermarket Nav unit and actually use the factory Nav dash.

Last edited by Ordie; 6/27/12 at 02:18 PM.
Old 6/27/12, 02:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Ordie
I like it.

I wonder what it will take to actually detach the faceplate/screen from a aftermarket Nav unit and actually use the factory Nav dash.
Not sure. The Shaker 500 has a pcb board that runs from top to bottom. If not for that i would have taken a dremel to mine already.
Old 6/28/12, 07:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

hmmmm. $600 for about $450 worth of parts. when I did my aftermarket nav install, I put together the same basic set up for $450 (not including the radio). all the controls still work and I am using the factory amps.
Old 6/28/12, 08:05 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by RobDis
Not sure. The Shaker 500 has a pcb board that runs from top to bottom. If not for that i would have taken a dremel to mine already.

Im sure you know what I mean.

I've seen some "high end" stereo installs where it was just a faceplate or slot for a CD and the rest of the stereo was located somewhere else in the car and was attached to the face/player by a ribbon cable.

Now if someone could take the face off of a aftermarket Nav, stuff the guts in where a normal aftermarket nav goes but put the screen up where the factory nav screen goes.
Old 6/29/12, 02:01 PM
Bullitt Member

wow that's incredible. ive always loved running alpine hu's in my previous cars so this is right up my alley. thanks for posting this.
Old 7/31/12, 09:43 AM
Bullitt Member

BTW. from Crutchfield you get a OEM Adapter Discount with the FIT system.. was only $299 when I added it to my cart, not $599.
Old 8/1/12, 07:00 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Ordie
BTW. from Crutchfield you get a OEM Adapter Discount with the FIT system.. was only $299 when I added it to my cart, not $599.
Yup. Same here when I went to look. Also, this set up already includes the wiring to keep the steering wheel functions. What I want to know is can you keep the synch funtions with the PAC cord menitoned in other posts about adding an aftermarket unit.
Old 8/1/12, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Rodimus_prime
Too bad its behind the shifter instead of up top where its supposed to be
There is a module above the radio that cannot be relocated therefore the headunit has to seat in the lower section of the dash.
Old 8/1/12, 02:43 PM
GT Member

I'm on the phone with Crutchfield now. They are unable to answer if the Alpine will fit a 2013 Boss Mustang which I have. They assume so as it "should be" just like the 2012. They also cannot verify if this unit will retain the Synch features even with the use of that PAC cord I saw mentioned in other posts about installing a Schoshe system with a Kenwood HU.
So, they are trying to get some more information and for now, I think I will sit tight. I know I can just return the product per their policy but frankly, it would annoy me to pull the dash apart, get all excited to install the new unit and find a connector was not right.
I hate to wait.
Old 8/1/12, 10:14 PM
V6 Member

Looking forward to this kit, I'm going to wait till i'm back from this patrol to see if I've saved up enough to splurge on this plus a few other mods
Old 8/1/12, 10:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I too want to know about the sync. I just got my car delivered today, and this is something I most definitely want to do.

Keep us posted.
Old 8/2/12, 06:55 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by jim010
I too want to know about the sync. I just got my car delivered today, and this is something I most definitely want to do.

Keep us posted.
first and foremost - CONGRATULATIONS on your car. I recall reading in another thread you were looking for something specific.

My gut feeling is that Alpine would not have gone to the trouble to make a "plug and play" unit only to completely ignore Synch which so many of these cars seem to have (both Mustangs and other models). I'm sure it will work out. The Crutchfield people should have an answer shortly. They are expecting delivery of the Alpine units tomorrow.
I'll let you know if they indicate anything about the compatability questions.
I would love to get this installed and move on to some performance mods.
Old 8/2/12, 12:05 PM

Check it out !! To answer some of your questions, the kits retains all of the HVAC controls seamlessly, the A/C touch panel works great. Unfortunately there is no SYNC compatibility but I talked to Alpine Tech and there may be an adapter that may allow it in the future. The kits is $600 which means there may be an additional $100 to $200 for the adapter. There are third party adapters for SYNC out of the market so I'll be testing some and keep you guys posted for compatibility.

I have to say the navigation system is worth every penny. Is packed with awesome features like, speed warning which will tell you the speed limit of the current street or highway and give you an audible and visual warning as you speed (both can be turned off). It also has a panning camera like feature that is really cool.

Too many cool features to write about, just go to a local store and check it out.

Alpine Perfect FIT System-dsc3462.jpg
Old 8/2/12, 12:50 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by PF Expert
Check it out !! To answer some of your questions, the kits retains all of the HVAC controls seamlessly, the A/C touch panel works great. Unfortunately there is no SYNC compatibility but I talked to Alpine Tech and there may be an adapter that may allow it in the future. The kits is $600 which means there may be an additional $100 to $200 for the adapter. There are third party adapters for SYNC out of the market so I'll be testing some and keep you guys posted for compatibility.

I have to say the navigation system is worth every penny. Is packed with awesome features like, speed warning which will tell you the speed limit of the current street or highway and give you an audible and visual warning as you speed (both can be turned off). It also has a panning camera like feature that is really cool.

Too many cool features to write about, just go to a local store and check it out.

Attachment 116248
Please advise when you test the adapters. I'm holding off for now although actually, if the Alpine system gives me hands free on the phone I really dont use the Synch for very much else. If I lost it until the proper adapter came out I would survive.
Old 8/2/12, 02:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Great! Keep us posted.

first and foremost - CONGRATULATIONS on your car. I recall reading in another thread you were looking for something specific.
Thanks. I bought it in another province, but it took awhile to get here.

Here it is next to my 2005:
Attached Thumbnails Alpine Perfect FIT System-m1.jpg   Alpine Perfect FIT System-m2.jpg  
Old 8/2/12, 02:56 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by jim010
Great! Keep us posted.

Thanks. I bought it in another province, but it took awhile to get here.

Here it is next to my 2005:
Province, what's a Province ? Next thing you'll be telling me that the speedomter reads in kilometers.

I like both of your Mustangs. I had a 2005 convertible as well and wanted that color. Very nice. Congratulations again.
Old 8/8/12, 08:25 PM

This looks just like the scosche kit i have installed, except for the dimples on the side of the DIN opening. $500+!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Alpine Perfect FIT System