Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

Adding SiriusXM

Search this Thread

Old 8/22/16, 07:01 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Adding SiriusXM

So my 2014 GT was involved in an accident. Due to some fortunate circumstances that turned into me getting a 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca. The Boss doesn't have SiriusXM and I was wondering if anyone knows of a part number to add the factory tuner?
Old 8/22/16, 07:32 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
Could you subscribe to the SiruisXM mobile app service and simply play through BT or USB from your phone? That how I do it in my wife's cars and my Corvair.
Old 8/22/16, 09:47 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
I could but they are telling me $20 per month but I was paid up through May on the radio. They said because the dealer deactivated my account that's the best they can do. Well, or pay like $175 for a year. Right now my account is on hold and if I can get a tuner I can activate the new tuner with my leftover time.
Old 8/23/16, 12:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by mustang5o
I could but they are telling me $20 per month but I was paid up through May on the radio. They said because the dealer deactivated my account that's the best they can do. Well, or pay like $175 for a year. Right now my account is on hold and if I can get a tuner I can activate the new tuner with my leftover time.
I know this isn't what you asked, but if you strike out I recommend going to a stereo shop. My understanding is the SiriusXM interface is standardized and the same in many cars. The OEM module is often just a rebranded aftermarket module. Then they just need to add the antenna.

That being said, I have a bad feeling that there is no module and it's built into the radio. Talk to a pro.
Old 11/7/16, 11:40 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by berzerk_1980
I know this isn't what you asked, but if you strike out I recommend going to a stereo shop. My understanding is the SiriusXM interface is standardized and the same in many cars. The OEM module is often just a rebranded aftermarket module. Then they just need to add the antenna.

That being said, I have a bad feeling that there is no module and it's built into the radio. Talk to a pro.
Mine didn't come with SiriusXM so I started looking into an OEM unit. They have them on fleabay but they ain't cheap. The best I've seen for our later model 'Stangs is $299. Holy chit, right?