Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

Stripe questions

Search this Thread

Old 8/21/13, 04:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stripe questions

Okay, let me first say, pardon me for starting a new thread where there might have been an old one I could jump into, but there are a LOT of threads about stripes on this board, and going through them all would take a fair amount of time.

So, here's the deal. I have a silver 2012 with Pony Package, with the silver 'unique' factory rocker stripes. I kind of like the subtle look of silver-on-silver, but the driver side rear stripe, the little piece in front of the rear wheel, has torn and is getting worse. My dealership wants ~$170 plus labor for a 'kit' including the entire side, when I don't need the whole side, just that rear section.

So I'm thinking this might be a good opportunity to finally get the white thin-thick-thin stripes that I've always thought looked so good on the Mustang. These look pretty close to what I want:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/white-...ipes-0512.html

But, $50 seems awfully cheap, and the lettering is 'inverted' (ie, the letters are cut out rather than the space *around* the letters being cut out). This is the lettering type that I'm going for:

So, I have two questions: First, does anyone know if individual pieces of OEM stripes can be had? Second, if not, can anyone recommend a maker for durable 'classic' stripes that will fit a '12?
Old 8/22/13, 08:40 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NightSteel
Okay, let me first say, pardon me for starting a new thread where there might have been an old one I could jump into, but there are a LOT of threads about stripes on this board, and going through them all would take a fair amount of time.

So, here's the deal. I have a silver 2012 with Pony Package, with the silver 'unique' factory rocker stripes. I kind of like the subtle look of silver-on-silver, but the driver side rear stripe, the little piece in front of the rear wheel, has torn and is getting worse. My dealership wants ~$170 plus labor for a 'kit' including the entire side, when I don't need the whole side, just that rear section.

So I'm thinking this might be a good opportunity to finally get the white thin-thick-thin stripes that I've always thought looked so good on the Mustang. These look pretty close to what I want:

But, $50 seems awfully cheap, and the lettering is 'inverted' (ie, the letters are cut out rather than the space *around* the letters being cut out). This is the lettering type that I'm going for:

So, I have two questions: First, does anyone know if individual pieces of OEM stripes can be had? Second, if not, can anyone recommend a maker for durable 'classic' stripes that will fit a '12?
I think the Silver and White scheme is going to look awesome! Our vinyl designs have been test fit, refined, and tested again on our very own fleet of vehicles to assure a perfect fit every time. I do agree, they're very reasonably priced! We always do our best to have the lowest price on the market but offer the highest quality.

We use only the highest quality Premium 3M Vinyl available on the market today - designed to last at least 8 years of harsh outdoor weather. It's far more durable than our competitors' cheap, calendared vinyl film which starts to degrade in just a few years!

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future. My Customer Service team can be reached at the contact information in my Signature!

-Dan