Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

Spoiler Exchange

Search this Thread

Old 7/26/13, 03:43 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spoiler Exchange

Has anyone removed the lip spoiler that comes on the Brembo Package? I really like the pedestal spoiler that comes with the CS package and was just wondering if the holes would line up

Name:  null_zpsce84abc3.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  106.6 KB

Old 7/26/13, 04:55 PM
Bullitt Member

I believe some of the holes (4) will line up but the lip spoiler is mainly held in place with double side automotive grade tape (a royal PITA which I did not have to deal with). The pedestal spoiler (which I have on my car) required drilling 8 holes in the deck lid. I had a shop do this since my car was all of a week old. The pedestal spoiler looks great though!
Attached Thumbnails Spoiler Exchange-p1070668.jpg   Spoiler Exchange-p1120421.jpg  
Old 7/26/13, 08:52 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
I replaced the small lip spoiler with the GT/CS on my car. The 4 existing holes will line up with the back studs on the GT/CS, but you have to drill 4 more holes for the front studs on the GT/CS.
Old 7/27/13, 07:46 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by SterlingStangMan
I believe some of the holes (4) will line up but the lip spoiler is mainly held in place with double side automotive grade tape (a royal PITA which I did not have to deal with). The pedestal spoiler (which I have on my car) required drilling 8 holes in the deck lid. I had a shop do this since my car was all of a week old. The pedestal spoiler looks great though!
Originally Posted by JimC
I replaced the small lip spoiler with the GT/CS on my car. The 4 existing holes will line up with the back studs on the GT/CS, but you have to drill 4 more holes for the front studs on the GT/CS.
Thanks guys! Where'd you get yours from? Directly from Ford or online?
Old 7/27/13, 07:25 PM
legacy Tms Member

I got mine off Ebay - can't remember the name of the source now. It was painted already and is a little different from the Ford GT/CS paint job (Ford has a flat black underside no matter what color spoiler top side you get)
Old 7/28/13, 02:14 PM
GT Member

I got mine off Ebay - can't remember the name of the source now. It was painted already and is a little different from the Ford GT/CS paint job (Ford has a flat black underside no matter what color spoiler top side you get)
I would rather not have the black underneath. Can you post a picture of yours?
Old 7/28/13, 02:53 PM
legacy Tms Member

Mine is all black so a picture won't tell you much! But if you order a white one it should be all white from this seller.

This is just sitting on the stock spoiler to get an idea before I installed it
Name:  testfit2spoiler.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  141.8 KB

Then installed:
Name:  DSC03709.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  75.0 KB

Name:  DSC03703.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  51.4 KB

I bought it from spoilersource on ebay. If you order it, inspect it upon arrival though is my recommendation. The original one had a bubble in the paint in the middle but I installed it anyway. It started to peel after a couple of months and they replaced it. The replacement I thought could have had a better paint job underneath, lots of orange peel, rough surface overall on the bottom but the top is fine and I guess I'll see how it holds up. They have a 3 year warranty on their product so if this one peels I'll send it back for another one.
Old 7/28/13, 08:37 PM
GT Member

Mine is all black so a picture won't tell you much! But if you order a white one it should be all white from this seller.

This is just sitting on the stock spoiler to get an idea before I installed it

Then installed:

I bought it from spoilersource on ebay. If you order it, inspect it upon arrival though is my recommendation. The original one had a bubble in the paint in the middle but I installed it anyway. It started to peel after a couple of months and they replaced it. The replacement I thought could have had a better paint job underneath, lots of orange peel, rough surface overall on the bottom but the top is fine and I guess I'll see how it holds up. They have a 3 year warranty on their product so if this one peels I'll send it back for another one.

Thanks man! I'll have to look into it! I just like the pedestal a lot better than the lip spoiler...