Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

Raxiom Headlight Problems!!! (HELP)

Search this Thread

Old 8/12/13, 08:20 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Raxiom Headlight Problems!!! (HELP)

Hi, (1st Problem)
A little background information regarding my vehicle. I have a 2010 Mustang GT and just recently decided to buy Raxiom Halo Projector Lights. I bought the lights from Stangmods.com because they gave me warranty if I buy the lights with there HID Kit. The HID kit doesn't have name in my knowledge and the lights are 35W 6K. I also bought the switchback kit from Americanmuscle to add to my install. I decided to install them this last Saturday with my cousin and ran into problems that my driver side projector light doesn't turn on. I had the same problem with the Passenger side but I had to just replace those blue little connectors that came with the headlights (Sorry don't know the name :whistling and that solved the problem.....On the driver side it was just a pain. When I first installed the driver side and decided to turn it on, I came to realize that the fuse blew so decided to replace it and redue the wiring. After replacing the fuse and rewired the headlights it began to work and I though problem solved. At the end of the day both headlights and switchbacks were working. I decided to go out that night and when I went to the store I noticed the driver headlight was out. When I mean it was out I meant that its only the projector. The ring around the projector turns on and the 3 Leds underneath the parking lights. However those only turn on when I hit the blinker. When I saw the light was out I though they were out for sure. I went to the store turned my car on and the light turned on again. When I got home I checked the light, it was off again. Since last night, the projector has not been on but only my passenger side is. I decided to look at the fuse and it was blown again. Everytime I would put a new fuse in it would blow. I then called stangmods and was told that it could be a bad ballast which they are sending me a new one. What do you guys think this problem is. I am going to a shop that is going to go through my work and probably redue it all. Any opinions?
2nd Problem:
The second problem I have that I just noticed is fog in one of my headlights. The fog is inside and have no idea how it happened. I did drive the vehicle today but the headlights weren't on today at all and of course it had to be the one that's down. I don't know if this is a problem but would love to know the cause.
Concern: My concern is that my lights wont be fixed. At this point I don't know what to do and I am coming her for advise. Please help!!
Old 8/12/13, 08:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

You needed to seal them with silicone. The fog is moisture getting in.
Old 8/12/13, 09:23 PM
Just Plain Rude!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
You definitely should've sealed the entire light.

Be aware that I doubt those lights were made for HID bulbs.

And the problem kinda sounds like maybe one of the quick splice connectors is loose or not making a good connection. You might try jiggling around some of the wires, and see if the light goes on/off.
Old 8/12/13, 10:04 PM
GT Member

The instructions never said to seal it with silicone. Do I have to take them out to seal them? I'm taking them to a shop so would they be able to do it? Will the fogness damage the headlights?
Old 8/12/13, 10:44 PM
GT Member

This is what I got for instructions related to moisture.
Attached Thumbnails Raxiom Headlight Problems!!! (HELP)-image-2946854911.jpg  
Old 8/13/13, 05:38 AM
Just Plain Rude!

Those are terrible instructions. All lights should be completely sealed before installation.

And now that you've already installed them, it'll be harder. Now instead of just sealing them, you need to bake them in the oven to remove the moisture first. So you'll have to completely uninstall them. You can find instructions on American Muscle.
Old 8/13/13, 08:37 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by stupidgenius36
Those are terrible instructions. All lights should be completely sealed before installation.

And now that you've already installed them, it'll be harder. Now instead of just sealing them, you need to bake them in the oven to remove the moisture first. So you'll have to completely uninstall them. You can find instructions on American Muscle.
When I got the lights they looked sealed but its confusing to me that they wouldn't sent them to me sealed. The moisture is practically gone. Now is it bad if moisture keeps going in there? Will it dis-color the lights?
Old 8/13/13, 08:41 AM
Former Vendor

LMNO,

I would try the new ballast that stangmods is sending out to you. However, if that doesn't do the trick, then definitely push for a warranty replacement. Sometimes finding the defective component out of the bunch can be difficult and annoying to deal with, which is why it might be better to just get a new set.

Also, it wouldn't be a bad idea to take the headlights out and apply a silicone sealant all the way around the edge of the lens. Just make sure there's no moisture showing internally before you add the sealant.

I'm sure stangmods will get you squared away!

Shane
Old 8/13/13, 09:18 AM
Just Plain Rude!

Originally Posted by LMNO

When I got the lights they looked sealed but its confusing to me that they wouldn't sent them to me sealed. The moisture is practically gone. Now is it bad if moisture keeps going in there? Will it dis-color the lights?
They are sealed to hold them together, but they're not air-tight. The moisture will continue to return. It can discolor them and cause a foggy/hazy look.
Old 8/15/13, 06:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

Same thing happened to me, and I actually sealed them too.
Old 8/15/13, 08:30 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
The mositure can (and will) eventually build up enough that you will have water sloshing back and forth in the headlight and can (and will) eventually lead to blown bulbs (and halos) unless you seal the lights with silicone as other's here have suggested. If they already have condensation inside the lense and you haven't even driven the car yet, they will most likely be full of water the firt time you wash the car or dirve in the rain (the force of the air on front of car will drive the rain into any unsealed section from the factory which is probably in some alley in CHINA). You can use a hair dryer or compressed air to get the existing condensation out before you seal them. I went through this with a few sets of Halo headlights from CARid on my 06' until a rep finally sent me out directions for sealing them with silicone after my 3rd warranty replacement. I guess they didn't figue including those directions for headlights on a car that requires the entire front clip to be removed, was important
Old 8/15/13, 10:15 AM
Just Plain Rude!

You can also bake then in the oven to evaporate the water. I sealed the **** out of mine, and I've had zero problems.
Old 8/17/13, 09:39 PM
GT Member

Just encountered another problem!!!! I just noticed it not to long ago and it was after I left the shop. The shop fixed the lights and they turn on but have encountered another problem. My blinker seems to be on roids when I hit it on. I have a 10 GT so my back lights are sequential. For some reason they are not sequential and blink all at once. When I turn my hazards on, they blink like normal inside the car but I want to turn them on individually they are blinking way to fast. Lets keep in mind I have the switchback LEDs from AM. Can anyone help?
Old 8/17/13, 10:29 PM
Just Plain Rude!

Sounds like they got rid of a resistor or messed one up. Is it blinking twice as fast on one side only?
Old 8/17/13, 11:07 PM
GT Member

Sounds like they got rid of a resistor or messed one up. Is it blinking twice as fast on one side only?
No it's blinking twice as fast on both sides. When I turn the hazards on, they both flash normal. I don't understand how the front parking lights would affect my sequential tail lights. I'm confused Lol
Old 8/17/13, 11:27 PM
Just Plain Rude!

No it's blinking twice as fast on both sides. When I turn the hazards on, they both flash normal. I don't understand how the front parking lights would affect my sequential tail lights. I'm confused Lol
It's complicated. But it sounds like they removed some resistors from each side...that is exactly what happens.
Old 8/27/13, 12:06 AM
GT Member

Alright so finally had the resistors check by the shop and they started working. On my way home it was no problem but decided to drive it at night. I noticed that only my driver side was blinking fast. I deduced to just move the wires around and it started working. Took it for a drive and the blinker started flashing hard again. It seems like it only does it when I take off fast for hit a bump. I moved the wire again and it started working. Since I moved it the last time it hasn't stopped working. Does anybody know why it would do This? I noticed that when I moved the wires all the wiring was all bunched up. I kinda moved everything aside to give each wire some breathing room. What do u guys think?
Old 9/10/13, 10:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Alright so finally had the resistors check by the shop and they started working. On my way home it was no problem but decided to drive it at night. I noticed that only my driver side was blinking fast. I deduced to just move the wires around and it started working. Took it for a drive and the blinker started flashing hard again. It seems like it only does it when I take off fast for hit a bump. I moved the wire again and it started working. Since I moved it the last time it hasn't stopped working. Does anybody know why it would do This? I noticed that when I moved the wires all the wiring was all bunched up. I kinda moved everything aside to give each wire some breathing room. What do u guys think?
My final résolution is:
Just sell those headlights ,you have So many problems with thé faulty set.
Old 9/10/13, 01:05 PM
Just Plain Rude!

Are you using quick splice connectors, or did the shop soldier the connections? It sounds like a loose connection. That's why it works when you move it around.
Originally Posted by STABB3D BY GiRL

My final résolution is:
Just sell those headlights ,you have So many problems with thé faulty set.
Ignore that. Anything electrical is never really PnP, but it can usually be figured out.
Old 9/15/13, 03:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Are you using quick splice connectors, or did the shop soldier the connections? It sounds like a loose connection. That's why it works when you move it around.

Ignore that. Anything electrical is never really PnP, but it can usually be figured out.
With all the respect.
Went i brought an rs head lights for my 2011 camero was plug and play(never have an issue)..also i brought for my camero a pair of sequential taillights and also they was PnP..

Quick Reply: Raxiom Headlight Problems!!! (HELP)