Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

Question on Shelby's hood

Search this Thread

Old 5/26/11, 02:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question on Shelby's hood

Hi all!! I'm Sergio from italy and I've got a 2011 5.0
I'm beginning to apply some new mods on my stang and i would like to know if the hood of the 2010 shelby gt500 fits on my gt without canging the front fascia. Is it possibile or not?
Thanks
Old 5/26/11, 12:21 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nope. It won't fit unless you also change the facia. Welcome to the forum, Sergio.
Old 5/26/11, 12:29 PM
Cobra Member

Hello and welcome!

Enjoy the 5.0!!

Btw what front fascia's could fit the GT500 hood?
Old 5/26/11, 01:18 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome!! I was thinking I wanted one for my 11. I then heard you had to change stuff & I took that off my list.

Have any pics of yours, @ least specs about it.
Old 5/26/11, 11:34 PM

Thanks guys....tonight when i'll come back i'll put some pics of my baby
Old 5/27/11, 10:29 AM
Cobra Member

Sergio, Nice to have a mustang brother across the pond. The idea of carving up beautiful Italian roads in a new Stang is sexy as hell. The idea of carving up beautiful Italian roads with a beautiful Italian woman next to you..... ****! Enjoy your car.

By the way what kind of reception do you get driving that distinctly American car around Italy? Do people like it? Do they know what it is? Clearly Italy as some of the most beautiful cars EVER so I would be curious what the response is.
Old 5/27/11, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by eric n
Sergio, Nice to have a mustang brother across the pond. The idea of carving up beautiful Italian roads in a new Stang is sexy as hell. The idea of carving up beautiful Italian roads with a beautiful Italian woman next to you..... ****! Enjoy your car.

By the way what kind of reception do you get driving that distinctly American car around Italy? Do people like it? Do they know what it is? Clearly Italy as some of the most beautiful cars EVER so I would be curious what the response is.
Wow every day when i take my stang to get to work I'm very exalted.
Here in italy a lot of people disgusts cars like a Mustang, but it's all because they like small engine with a lot of rpm and they don't know how fun can be a car like a Mustang; but mostly because here in Europe the gasoline cost a lot (today is about 1.6 € / litre).
But you know...nothing sound as good as an american V8.
Here in Italy i've got a lot of friends that like american cars like me..we have a community and very often we organize meeting and we cruise along italian roads.
American cars are not so "spread" as in your country so the people look at them intrigued, but only a few can recognize a Mustang....most of them remains minutes watching at you like an alien

In any case from now on i'll buy only american cars
Old 5/29/11, 09:35 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Mrbrillio
American cars are not so "spread" as in your country so the people look at them intrigued, but only a few can recognize a Mustang....most of them remains minutes watching at you like an alien

Same here in Macedonia, and the rest of the Balkens.
Old 5/30/11, 09:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to the forums! Thumbs up to showing love to the American V8! I have been a big fan of the Ferrari's for a long time. But the Mustang is where my heart is!