Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

How to cover fog light hole on GT/CS Valance?

Search this Thread

Old 7/22/11, 08:34 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to cover fog light hole on GT/CS Valance?

(all pics are clickable thumbnails - to enlarge)

Hey fellas,

So I'm adding the GT/CS front valence to my stock GT Bumper.

I want to retain my LED DRL lights however...

These lights in the lower valence:

So the issue though is that the CS Valance, has a hole where the fog lights should be. The DRL's fit in the upper corner of this section of the valence and it covers HALF the hole and leaves the other half exposed.

I dont like this. Quick illustration, the green area is my concern.

Here is the section of the GT/CS valance in question, it is removeable with some basic tabs that connect them to the rest of the valance.

To make matters more difficult, the 'empty circle' is RAISED from the over all level of the area.

At first I was thinking of just using black gutter guard cut to size, to make a small grille that would keep you from seeing the hole. But now that I see it raised, I'm afraid that if i sand it down it would effect the top and bottom

So ultimately I need suggestions guys... any ideas??

For now I'm thinking dremel it down flat, cut this same area off of my standard GT lip, (its kinda slatted), then cut it to fit whatever space is open after mounting the light, and figuring out a way to get it to stay there, Zip tie/screw/double sided 3m trim tape... something.

If not cut out the piece from the standard GT lip, then perhaps that gutter guard mesh that I was thinking of painted black? or even a Rubbermaid plastic tote if i can find one in black, to cut and use its plastic? Just random ideas haven't narrowed it down yet.

Thoughts???
Old 7/23/11, 07:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

Uhh my suggestion is to buy the cs fogs and calling it good, unless you can get some LEDs that are round to fit the hole. I think anything you do to butcher the hole is going to do exactly that.
Old 7/23/11, 09:43 AM

i would just get the Boss brake cooling kit and call it a day and a performance mod
Old 7/23/11, 09:55 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Untamed_Coyote
i would just get the Boss brake cooling kit and call it a day and a performance mod
I can see where coat could be prohibitive with the brake kit isn't it about $300?
Old 7/23/11, 10:00 AM

http://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-b...-kit-1112.html

but its kick ***!
Old 7/23/11, 04:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by c0achmke
I can see where coat could be prohibitive with the brake kit isn't it about $300?
Originally Posted by Untamed_Coyote

I think it is very cool.. but given the fact that this car will never even come close to seeing the light of day on a track for me, Its just a lot of moeny to spend on something I will never make use of.

If it was like $50 that'd be a different story.
Old 7/23/11, 08:32 PM
Bullitt Member

interesting where you're going with this, does the led strip not fit with those inserts out?

how does the CS front valence look with those pieces removed?

do you have any pics of the front end with those pieces removed?

i like the look of the CS valence because it is lower/deeper than the stock one but not the holes without fog lights, i like the stock fogs much better and wouldn't run 6 lights.
Old 7/23/11, 10:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by m4reapr
interesting where you're going with this, does the led strip not fit with those inserts out?

how does the CS front valence look with those pieces removed?

do you have any pics of the front end with those pieces removed?

i like the look of the CS valence because it is lower/deeper than the stock one but not the holes without fog lights, i like the stock fogs much better and wouldn't run 6 lights.
It doesn't look good with the pieces removed... I will get a pic of it before I put it on tomorrow...
Old 7/25/11, 03:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by starbai
It doesn't look good with the pieces removed... I will get a pic of it before I put it on tomorrow...
Here's the pic you requested of the 'inserts' removed...

I worked on it yesterday, and it turns out that using that little insert isn't really possible if the LED DRLs were gonna fit.

If anyone wants to know if that opening is the same size on the CS/GT Lip as it is on the standard GT lip (a question I asked before and was told it was) - it infact is NOT.

Its not A MAJOR difference, but its not the same size.

So I manned up, and hacked away and my brand new Lip.

The results, I'm not in love with, but I dont hate it either.

It looks fairly decent.

I hacked up my original GT Lip and used it for plastic... which I shaped with a dremel until it fit to cover up the 'openings' that the LED DRLs didn't cover.

I'm no expert, no professional, and it did NOT come out perfect.

However it looks pretty decent to me, can't tell unless you're staring at it.

I plan on getting all the black plastic on the car painted body color very soon, and when I do I will have the body shop build me a proper piece and fill in some of the gaps that I made by cutting too much in certain spots.

Until that happens, I'm content/satisfied with my work lol.

The other major addition this weekend was the installation of the standard V6 grille with v6 Surround. (both purchased used on the forum) and an American Muscle Billet Insert. Dunno bout you guys but I think it looks absolutely gorgeous... can't stop staring at it...

Not amazing shots, didn't get a chance to 'process' them... but figured I'd share for anyone interested in seeing how it came out.

Better shots to follow sometime soon...

Also put on the GT500/CS Rear lower Valance that afternoon with the GT500 splash guards:

Old 7/28/11, 10:25 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by c0achmke

It's comically overpriced.

You can get 6 feet of the EXACT SAME silicone brake duct hose for $50 and a few worm clamps from the hardware store for a few bucks.

http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/pro...p?Product=3621

I'm sure it's not terribly difficult to get the other end attached to the spindle rather than having to use the hub mounting brackets that come with the boss kit.
Old 3/2/14, 02:44 AM

drl's that fit the f*** cs hole???

Originally Posted by going for broke
Uhh my suggestion is to buy the cs fogs and calling it good, unless you can get some LEDs that are round to fit the hole. I think anything you do to butcher the hole is going to do exactly that.
I know I'm kinda late with my comment/question here but does anyone know whether there exist drl's that fit in the cs hole? All the round drl's that I've come across so far are 70mm in diameter which is way to broad considering that my fogs are around 50mm and some.

Has anyone found smaller ones so far? Problem is I need drl's since the Swiss government thought it a good idea to adopt the EU provisions on day driving safety.
FA f*** ***** decision i.m.h.o. but that's the Swiss gov