Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

The First 2013 Mustang with our new CDC Performance Grille!!

Search this Thread

Old 7/3/12, 12:14 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The First 2013 Mustang with our new CDC Performance Grille!!

Hey everyone,

With the release of our new CDC Performance Grille for 2013 Mustangs now exactly two weeks away, I wanted to give the community an update. We installed our first Performance Grille on a Deep Impact Blue 2013 Mustang GT this morning and it looks fantastic! Here are some quick pictures I took in some relatively bad morning weather:

Name:  Jess1small.jpg
Views: 1100
Size:  78.5 KB

Name:  Jess2small.jpg
Views: 1582
Size:  59.4 KB

The CDC Performance Grille is designed to re-define the performance style of your Mustang's front end with an intimidating and sporty appearance. Its "wide mouth" design is perfect for increased air flow along with a clean, aggressive look that will intimidate all onlookers! The Performance Grille is an OE-quality replacement grille which is designed using the factory clips for a very easy and straightforward installation!

NOTE: The factory fog lights must be deleted in order to install the Performance Grille. Customers who prefer fog lamps may purchase our Fog Lamp Kit for the lower fascia of their Mustangs (similar to the GT/CS).

The red "GT" badge is a separately sold product so the Performance Grille may be purchased with or without it. We will also be offering a variety of other badge options that customers may choose from to customize their CDC Performance Grille!

The CDC Performance Grille will be released on Tuesday, July 17th but is currently available for pre-order on our website.

I look forward to hearing what you guys think about the release!

Best regards,
Jake

EDIT: For those asking about a Lower Performance Grille to go along with this product, we have one in the works! I'll be releasing information on this piece shortly.

Last edited by CDC Jake; 7/5/12 at 08:31 AM.
Old 7/3/12, 12:19 PM
Bullitt Member

very impressive cdc, great work on the grille and lip spoiler. totally improves the look of the '13 front.
Old 7/3/12, 12:38 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks good and price isn't too bad. Where can I find info on the chin splitter? Didn't see it on your site.
Old 7/3/12, 01:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Gotta love those sub $200 mods
Its perfect, wanted to get rid of those fogs the day I bought her home..thanks!
Old 7/3/12, 06:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by CDC Jake
Hey everyone,

With the release of our new CDC Performance Grille for 2013 Mustangs now exactly two weeks away, I wanted to give the community an update. We installed our first Performance Grille on a Deep Impact Blue 2013 Mustang GT this morning and it looks fantastic! Here are some quick pictures I took in some relatively bad morning weather:

The CDC Performance Grille is designed to re-define the performance style of your Mustang's front end with an intimidating and sporty appearance. Its "wide mouth" design is perfect for increased air flow along with a clean, aggressive look that will intimidate all onlookers! The Performance Grille is an OE-quality replacement grille which is designed using the factory clips for a very easy and straightforward installation!

NOTE: The factory fog lights must be deleted in order to install the Performance Grille. Customers who prefer fog lamps may purchase our Fog Lamp Kit for the lower fascia of their Mustangs (similar to the GT/CS).

The red "GT" badge is a separately sold product so the Performance Grille may be purchased with or without it. We will also be offering a variety of other badge options that customers may choose from to customize their CDC Performance Grille!

The CDC Performance Grille will be released on Tuesday, July 17th but is currently available for pre-order on our website.

I look forward to hearing what you guys think about the release!

Best regards,
Jake
Why waste all your time and effort typing that description of your grille trying to make it sound new, when it is just a copy of the SVT GT500 grille....
Old 7/3/12, 09:18 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by theACE

Why waste all your time and effort typing that description of your grille trying to make it sound new, when it is just a copy of the SVT GT500 grille....
He's doing his job. Plus it gives us something to read.
Old 7/3/12, 10:38 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
wow that looks so awesome!!!!!!!
Old 7/3/12, 10:53 PM
Calgon Take Me Away!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I like it
Old 7/3/12, 11:19 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice but they should have developed a lower grille to match... Nothing like half assing things!
Old 7/4/12, 09:11 PM
V6 Member

Looks good so far. Hope fit is good too. Id really like to see a lower as well.
Old 7/5/12, 07:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Hytek
Looks good and price isn't too bad. Where can I find info on the chin splitter? Didn't see it on your site.
The part you're asking about is the 2013 RTR Chin Spoiler. As of now, we're planning to release that product on July 17th right along with the Performance Grille. It's not quite ready for the website yet but it will be available very soon!

Originally Posted by hawgs74
Looks good so far. Hope fit is good too. Id really like to see a lower as well.
We've had a lot of requests to see a lower grille and it's in production as we speak. I'll release more information shortly but the lower Performance Grille will be coming soon!

Thanks for all of the comments, everyone. Let me know if you have any questions!

Last edited by CDC Jake; 7/9/12 at 07:20 AM.
Old 7/5/12, 06:39 PM
GT Member

Is there anything behind the center? My concern would be foreign objects coming through and puncturing or causing damage
Old 7/6/12, 07:57 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rodimus_prime
Is there anything behind the center? My concern would be foreign objects coming through and puncturing or causing damage
That was a concern we had when we began to design the Performance Grille. However, we've been regularly driving the 2013 Deep Impact Blue GT pictured in the original post and have yet to encounter any issues with foreign objects passing through the grille. That's both with city and highway driving.

I will be installing the Performance Grille on my personal 2013 GT (daily driver) and I am completely confident in the grille's design. Obviously Ford offers a wide-open factory grille for their GT500 model so even original equipment manufacturers aren't worried about this kind of design! I hope this helps!
Old 7/6/12, 11:03 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by theACE
Im assuming you did the legwork and found out how much the oem GT 500 grille goes for. Let it out brotha, I have no problem canceling my order
Old 7/6/12, 12:34 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by autobred
Im assuming you did the legwork and found out how much the oem GT 500 grille goes for. Let it out brotha, I have no problem canceling my order
The GT500 grille has points on the bottom corners of it...the GT and sixxer is more rounded. Hence the new Performance Grille being made.
Old 7/6/12, 12:48 PM
GT Member

If those are done up with a Tri Bar Pony emblem off to the drivers side I might be tempted.

Also doesnt having a massive grill opening like that kill aerodynamics a bit? I get as much MPG as I can

For what its worth I think it looks fantastic, shelby styling cues always work
Old 7/6/12, 02:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by youngstang90
The GT500 grille has points on the bottom corners of it...the GT and sixxer is more rounded. Hence the new Performance Grille being made.
That's correct. The original GT500 grille won't fit GT and V6 models. The Performance Grille has a different design.

Originally Posted by Rodimus_prime
If those are done up with a Tri Bar Pony emblem off to the drivers side I might be tempted.

Also doesnt having a massive grill opening like that kill aerodynamics a bit? I get as much MPG as I can

For what its worth I think it looks fantastic, shelby styling cues always work
I'm glad you like it! It's a very clean, aggressive look in my opinion.

As far as aerodynamics go, any change there would be negligible. The surface area of the factory V6 and GT grilles is not much different than that of the Performance Grille. It's just a honeycomb pattern rather than a wide-mouth design. I wouldn't be too concerned about your fuel economy in that respect.

The Tri-Bar Pony will most likely be one of the badge options we offer for the Performance Grille along with the 5.0 logo and GT emblem. When we have more details on the badges, I'll let you know!

Last edited by CDC Jake; 7/6/12 at 02:32 PM.
Old 7/6/12, 02:46 PM
Cobra Member

Any plans on making a replacement grille for the boss? Or will that fit? That looks so much better than the boss grille.

Last edited by Tron; 7/6/12 at 02:47 PM.
Old 7/6/12, 02:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by youngstang90
thanks, remind me to call my parts guy for trying to charge me $350 for a part that doesnt even fit LOL, dremel tool included
Jake I hope you guys get the emblems out the same time as the grilles also.. Ill be happy with just the red GT on the car posted
Old 7/6/12, 03:50 PM
GT Member

my car is prob another 6-8 weeks away so no hurries haha

Quick Reply: The First 2013 Mustang with our new CDC Performance Grille!!