The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   '10-14 Exterior Modifications (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f802/)
-   -   Best New Hood Options (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f802/best-new-hood-options-545263/)

VidPro 4/21/18 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by JG1 (Post 7028587)
I'm still waiting on mine too. According to Cervini, it's curing (after painting), and that was 2 weeks ago. I emailed last week to see what wwas going on and they said it was still at the detailers and will contact me when they are ready to install. So far I'm at 6 weeks from the date I ordered.

Wow that’s a bummer. But...it seems like they won’t rush the work which is a hpgood thing. I’m only two weeks in and was hoping I’d get it soon. LOL,

JG1 4/24/18 04:58 PM

Cervini just emailed me. They are ready to install.

VidPro 4/24/18 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by JG1 (Post 7028767)
Cervini just emailed me. They are ready to install.

Sweet! Can’t wait to see pics!

Looks like have another three weeks.

JG1 4/25/18 07:59 AM

They want me to have the car at their facility by 9am on a week day, so the earliest I can swing that is next Friday.

JG1 5/4/18 11:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The hood is awesome! They made me promise not to take any pictures inside their facility. LOL

VidPro 5/4/18 11:49 AM

Looks great! Glad it all worked out.

You didn't happen to see a GT500 style hood in sterling grey curing? :D

JG1 5/4/18 02:12 PM

Lol, no I didn't see it. But they had a bunch of hoods there. Enormous place.

Right next to my car they were putting a body kit on a brand new orange GT. Still had the window sticker. Was really nice.

JG1 5/4/18 03:24 PM

Something I thought was really cool was when we were walking through the facility, I was shown a room they use for photography. Was huge and beautiful. In there was sitting Dan Cervini's original 1988 fox body which he started the business with. They said it's kept there by itself because Cervini doesn't want anyone walking near it or looking at it the wrong way.

m05fastbackGT 5/4/18 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by JG1 (Post 7029341)
The hood is awesome! They made me promise not to take any pictures inside their facility. LOL

Definitely, love the Cervini hood. Gives your Mustang more of a stealth fighter appearance IMO. In the meantime, congrats :nice:

VidPro 5/5/18 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by JG1 (Post 7029341)

How’s the underside of the hood? I remember my first Cervini hood for my 2000 and it being pretty clean and somewhat finished looking.

JG1 5/5/18 08:00 AM

It's a black gel coat. It looks good. Obviously with my hood being black, the gel coat is less noticeable is less noticeable since it's the same color. If my car wasn't black, I still wouldn't mind the underside. It doesn't look bad.

VidPro 5/5/18 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by JG1 (Post 7029396)
It's a black gel coat. It looks good. Obviously with my hood being black, the gel coat is less noticeable is less noticeable since it's the same color. If my car wasn't black, I still wouldn't mind the underside. It doesn't look bad.

Thanks! I went with the same.

VidPro 5/31/18 12:07 PM

My new hood is being delivered tomorrow. Can't wait to install it. Pics coming soon!

JG1 5/31/18 12:27 PM

Awesome! Can't wait to see it.

VidPro 6/1/18 11:06 AM

Just took delivery. Installation early tomorrow morning.:D

VidPro 6/2/18 12:22 PM

2 Attachment(s)
So I got the hood on with a couple of friends this morning. The install is pretty straight forward but it still took us a couple of hours.

First up the paint matches great. I can’t imagine the match being any better from a local shop. Second the fit is pretty much spot on.

A couple of disappointments. While I understand the underside is unfinished I didn’t expect it to look like it was keyed. I can understand scuffs etc., but this seems excessive.

The hood paint is almost perfect so finding a pretty severe ripple in the hood finish kind of sucks to be honest. You can almost feel the tiny valley where it shows up. Not sure why they would let that pass considering the six week turnaround.

Back to the good. **** it looks good. It really makes the car look mean.

VidPro 6/2/18 12:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh another question. The hood sits really low to the fender on the driver’s side near the center edge. Any idea on how to fix that? Thinking of a washer or two at the hinge except I’m not sure that will help.

JG1 6/2/18 12:31 PM

Looks great! Mine sits a tad low on the passenger side to the fender. I took it back to Cervini and they adjusted it. It's not perfect but it's good enough.

About the scratch on the bottom. If your not happy w the hood Cervini will send you another. If you want to make it less noticeable, especially since it's on the underside, use a black sharpie on the line. Not perfect but it will not catch your eye.

VidPro 6/2/18 12:33 PM

Thanks. The underside no biggie. I can live with it. I’m just wondering if the paint defect is worth the bother.

JG1 6/2/18 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by VidPro (Post 7030555)
Thanks. The underside no biggie. I can live with it. I’m just wondering if the paint defect is worth the bother.

If it's gonna bug you then have it replaced.