Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

AMR Wheel question

Search this Thread

Old 2/27/13, 12:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMR Wheel question

Does anybody know if the tri bar pony or factory ford center caps will work on their wheels? I like american muscle as a company. I just dont want to advertise for them on my wheels. I called them and asked but the rep couldnt give me an answer. He just said they would return the caps if they didnt fit. As i said, dont mean anything bad about their company. I have been happy with them when i bought from them in the past.
Old 2/27/13, 01:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
I believe the 99-04 center caps fit, 2.5" ones. So look for Bullitt/Mach center caps, or SVT ones from the Cobra if you want.
Old 2/27/13, 03:54 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by MMA1
Does anybody know if the tri bar pony or factory ford center caps will work on their wheels? I like american muscle as a company. I just dont want to advertise for them on my wheels. I called them and asked but the rep couldnt give me an answer. He just said they would return the caps if they didnt fit. As i said, dont mean anything bad about their company. I have been happy with them when i bought from them in the past.
This is a tough question to answer. The AMR accepts a 2.5 inch center cap, so there's no reason a Tri-Bar logo cap wouldn't fit! (As long as the cap is 2.5)

This is the best I can do for you. We include our center caps because they're made specifically to fit all of our AmericanMuscle wheels.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance!

-Dan
Old 2/27/13, 04:28 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They may or may not fit. From all Ive read, it's hit or miss with wheels & caps. The GT center caps on AM did not fit my Saleens but the blank black ones did. They sent me a second set of GTs & then the blank ones (as well as a second set of AM ones in case I needed to DIY something) at no extra cost, though. I still have the GTs too if anyone wants 'em.

Last edited by wheelman; 2/27/13 at 04:31 PM.
Old 2/27/13, 07:28 PM

Thanks for responding guys. I read on another forum that somebody else tried it and the caps didn't work.
Old 2/28/13, 04:07 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I have a set of AMR rims and have the original center caps that came on my 2006 and the ones from my 2013. I tried both older sets and neither would fit. They are both too small. There are a number of vendors on ebay that make custom gel center cap decals plus this place:

http://www.makingitdigital.net/store...9*LZ5LU5&xm=on (You can choose what colors you want on that site)

As mentioned above, just remember to order the 2.5" ones if you go this route. I had a set of the SVT ones made but the place that installed my rims cracked one of my center caps (they tried to remove it by hitting it from the inside with the end of a hammer handle) the center cap split and that decal would not stay on. I ended up throwing them away because when they split the center cap, the decal fell on the floor adhesive side down . The decals were very good quality though, they have a thick plastic coating tapered toward the edges, and are beveled around the edges. I plan to order an additional set sometime, for now I have the flat black replacemts AM () sent me for free, when the dumbasses at tire barn broke the originals.

Last edited by MADSCOTSMAN; 2/28/13 at 04:21 AM.
Old 2/28/13, 07:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I tested a '03 Mach one Tri-Bar center cap on my AMR wheels and it DOES NOT fit. I think there is actually a thread somewhere on here about this. I posted some pictures . But they do not fit for sure. That's not saying you might be able to find some aftermarket ones that do. But the Ford center caps do not.