Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

AmericanMuscle painted parts fading

Search this Thread

Old 12/26/13, 08:49 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AmericanMuscle painted parts fading

My louvers pre-painted Performance White from American Muse are starting to fade, has anyone else encountered anything like this? If so, what did you end up doing? It's the MMD ones (non-Eleanor). Here's a decent example, looks worse in person.
Attached Thumbnails AmericanMuscle painted parts fading-image-1979855484.jpg  
Old 12/27/13, 07:06 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Doiz
My louvers pre-painted Performance White from American Muse are starting to fade, has anyone else encountered anything like this? If so, what did you end up doing? It's the MMD ones (non-Eleanor). Here's a decent example, looks worse in person.
Wow, that's very odd! We've never had any issues with our pre-painted products. This must be a defective set. I'm definitely going to look into the batch and our order system to see if there's any signs of returns. But I doubt it!

Please shoot me a PM with your order number included and I'll get a new set sent out right away! I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I look forward to speaking with you!

-Dan
Old 12/27/13, 09:30 AM

Way to go AM, stand-up company.
Old 12/27/13, 02:00 PM

Yes indeed way to go.AAA+++
Old 12/27/13, 09:34 PM
GT Member

Yup, happened to my GT500 spoiler. Paint faded and doesn't shine like it use to. Looks oxidized about a few months after installing.
Old 12/30/13, 09:47 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Karnage541
Yup, happened to my GT500 spoiler. Paint faded and doesn't shine like it use to. Looks oxidized about a few months after installing.
Please shoot me a PM with your order number. I'll make sure you're taken care of right away! I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your Spoiler.

This is definitely very odd, we've never had complaints about our pre-painted products before! I've already notified our paint booth and they'll be looking into all of our recent batches.

-Dan
Old 12/30/13, 11:56 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by AMDanBailer
Please shoot me a PM with your order number. I'll make sure you're taken care of right away! I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your Spoiler.

This is definitely very odd, we've never had complaints about our pre-painted products before! I've already notified our paint booth and they'll be looking into all of our recent batches.

-Dan
Its alright Dan, its been on the car for over 2 years now. I had the issue about a month after buying it but didn't feel like looking into fixing it because it was already on the car. I even got that bubble problem that the spoilers were plagued with back in the day. Lucky I saw a thread and drilled some holes before it got to bad. I'm sure it can be brought back to life with a good polish or something. I just don't have the time to bring it somewhere to get done.

Last edited by Karnage541; 12/30/13 at 11:58 PM.
Old 12/31/13, 08:39 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Karnage541
Its alright Dan, its been on the car for over 2 years now. I had the issue about a month after buying it but didn't feel like looking into fixing it because it was already on the car. I even got that bubble problem that the spoilers were plagued with back in the day. Lucky I saw a thread and drilled some holes before it got to bad. I'm sure it can be brought back to life with a good polish or something. I just don't have the time to bring it somewhere to get done.
Let me know what I can do for you! We definitely want to keep you as a happy customer and will do whatever it takes. I agree that taking your car over to a body shop and getting a good polish thrown on there should do the trick!

-Dan