Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

'13 Style Tail light Vinyl Overlays

Search this Thread

Old 7/31/12, 02:00 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They are here, they are ready!

Now taking orders on '13 style tail light vinyl overlays. Made for the '10-'12 Mustangs. (ALL MODELS) Pictures don't do these justice, but will give you an idea of the look. There is zero light bleed through the vinyl. THESE DO NO COVER THE OUTSIDE LINE OF THE TAIL LIGHTS. *Professional installation is highly recommended.*

Before ordering, check with your local law enforcement regarding laws pertaining to the installation of this product on your tail lights. These do not cover 100% of the tail light, they leave some red, and the factory reflectors are still visible as well. They allow light to be seen from approximately 500 yds in ideal weather conditions. NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ISSUES OR COSTS REGARDING INSTALLATION OR LEGAL LIABILITY AFTER OVERLAYS ARE ON YOUR CAR.

Currently taking orders of GLOSS BLACK and MATTE BLACK...if you have any other special color request, contact me, prices may vary.

Price is $50.00/per set (2 overlays) +S&H based on shipping address. Payments accepted via PayPal.

PM me to place an order.

THANK YOU!!!
--youngstang90

(Please ignore the filth of my car...she will be receiving a LOT of attention tomorrow)
Attached Thumbnails '13 Style Tail light Vinyl Overlays-image-2956234461.jpg   '13 Style Tail light Vinyl Overlays-image-1633132260.jpg   '13 Style Tail light Vinyl Overlays-image-1146996107.jpg   '13 Style Tail light Vinyl Overlays-image-1321391840.jpg   '13 Style Tail light Vinyl Overlays-image-1307714453.jpg  

'13 Style Tail light Vinyl Overlays-image-3688214424.jpg   '13 Style Tail light Vinyl Overlays-image-3525528493.jpg   '13 Style Tail light Vinyl Overlays-image-87834654.jpg   '13 Style Tail light Vinyl Overlays-image-3416486829.jpg   '13 Style Tail light Vinyl Overlays-image-2102629884.jpg  

Last edited by youngstang90; 7/31/12 at 02:13 PM.
Old 7/31/12, 10:03 PM
Cobra Member

Daytime pic. I will have some with the brake lights on tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails '13 Style Tail light Vinyl Overlays-image-3751138058.jpg  
Old 7/31/12, 10:17 PM
GTR Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Looks good so far. What is the mess on the lower left of your trunk
Old 7/31/12, 10:30 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by SilverSkoundrel
Looks good so far. What is the mess on the lower left of your trunk
Dealer sticker. Still haven't gotten around to removing it. :/
Old 7/31/12, 10:32 PM
GTR Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
You needsta haha
Old 7/31/12, 10:37 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Oops! Accident!

Last edited by watchdevil; 8/3/12 at 12:48 AM.
Old 7/31/12, 10:37 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by SilverSkoundrel
You needsta haha
I know.
Old 7/31/12, 10:41 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by watchdevil
Just so everyone knows if you are using these vinyl lens decals, you are indeed covering the proper factory DOT reflectors inside the lens. The chromed inner housing of the taillamps which is behind the exposed area of the lens with these decals in place are only for transmitting the LED light out of the lens and is not a reflective surface for marking a parked vehicle by another car's headlamps when approached from the rear. Proper rear reflectors have a complex reflex pattern that catches light at many different angles. The 2013 Mustang had to install rear reflectors in the lower valance because the new taillamps were designed without integral reflectors.
.....thanks for the info. I have posted a disclaimer letting people know the risks.

I'm guessing that I don't need to put you down for a set???

Last edited by youngstang90; 7/31/12 at 10:44 PM.
Old 7/31/12, 11:03 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by youngstang90
.....thanks for the info. I have posted a disclaimer letting people know the risks.

I'm guessing that I don't need to put you down for a set???
Not in a million years!

Last edited by watchdevil; 8/3/12 at 12:47 AM.
Old 7/31/12, 11:31 PM

I long while ago I had thought about doing what you are doing to get the outline look of the 2013 models. I decided though that no matter what I do it's not going to look as good and be as correctly proportioned as the real 2013 lamps.

However the black taillamp trim is a great improvement that ties the taillamps together with the blackout decklid trim and better defines the three vertical taillamp sections and softens the kink in the bottom of the taillamp to where it no longer bothers me at all.

I have the DG Custom version of the tail light trim, but on Sunday I decided to order the American Muscle version like you have. It just has a cleaner look than the DG trim. Yours looks sweet watchdevil, thanks for posting the pics. I can't wait to install mine. I also thought about ordering the Raxiom tinted tails, but since I work a block away from the California Highway Patrol academy, it would be only a matter of WHEN I would get a fix-it ticket for them, not IF.

Youngstang, I will give you big props for the effort, it does look nice.
Old 8/1/12, 03:49 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by kramstang

I have the DG Custom version of the tail light trim, but on Sunday I decided to order the American Muscle version like you have. It just has a cleaner look than the DG trim. Yours looks sweet watchdevil, thanks for posting the pics. I can't wait to install mine. I also thought about ordering the Raxiom tinted tails, but since I work a block away from the California Highway Patrol academy, it would be only a matter of WHEN I would get a fix-it ticket for them, not IF.

Thank you Kramstang...
Old 8/1/12, 01:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

I long while ago I had thought about doing what you are doing to get the outline look of the 2013 models. I decided though that no matter what I do it's not going to look as good and be as correctly proportioned as the real 2013 lamps.

However the black taillamp trim is a great improvement that ties the taillamps together with the blackout decklid trim and better defines the three vertical taillamp sections and softens the kink in the bottom of the taillamp to where it no longer bothers me at all.

I have to say was not a fan of the 10-12 tails but this look ties it in nicely.. Looks sweet.
Old 8/1/12, 02:45 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Those look awesome, and now you've turned it into some sort of profit. Good luck with selling it!
Old 8/2/12, 05:20 AM
V6 Member

Just not feeling it. It's a really nice job but in the daylight it's all kinda washed out, especially on your black car.

Good luck with it tho and it's nice to see someone try something a little different.
Old 8/2/12, 09:03 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I didn't post anything right here... Nothing at all!

Last edited by watchdevil; 8/3/12 at 12:54 AM.
Old 8/2/12, 11:26 PM
Cobra Member

The rounded off corners and beveled border detail for each section is what sold me on these and they look very original equipment.

Word of advice before you put them on... Make sure you run extra strips of 3M tape along the vertical sections that surround the back-up lamps so they will sit flat on the lens. I have had these on for several months already and I could not be happier.
I can appreciate other products, and I enjoy reading this, but y'all are kind of taking away from the reason for this thread. Please start a new thread to discuss the trim piece.
Thank you
----youngstang90
Old 8/3/12, 12:41 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by youngstang90
I can appreciate other products, and I enjoy reading this, but y'all are kind of taking away from the reason for this thread. Please start a new thread to discuss the trim piece.
Thank you
----youngstang90
I can't help it if people have commented and are interested in what I have done more than what you have done. Anyway my inbox is filling up with people asking where I got them from... Which is Americanmuscle.com on sale for $99. I deleted all my crap you can have *your* precious thread back now.

Last edited by watchdevil; 8/3/12 at 12:49 AM.
Old 8/3/12, 12:53 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by kramstang

Shhhhhhh! Don't talk about this here... It's forbidden!
Old 8/3/12, 12:56 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by GreenCars
I have to say was not a fan of the 10-12 tails but this look ties it in nicely.. Looks sweet.
You cannot make comments on anything I post here... The OP has forbidden it!
Old 8/3/12, 02:12 AM
Cobra Member

I can't help it if people have commented and are interested in what I have done more than what you have done. Anyway my inbox is filling up with people asking where I got them from... Which is Americanmuscle.com on sale for $99. I deleted all my crap you can have *your* precious thread back now.
I didn't say anything was forbidden, and I haven't discounted what you've bought for your car. I'm just asking for you to take the discussion elsewhere. I'm not really sure what the issue is.

Quick Reply: '13 Style Tail light Vinyl Overlays