Notices
'10-14 V6 Modifications Place to discuss 2010 V6 modifications

NEWB Question - Dealer Installed Options?

Search this Thread

Old 8/31/13, 03:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NEWB Question - Dealer Installed Options?

I just purchased a 2014 V6 DIB MT w/ Performance Pack. It's only my second car and it will be a daily driver.

Quick question: I'm meeting with the dealer Monday to discussed dealer installed options. As the whole process is new to me, I'm open to advice on what options to consider from the dealer or in the aftermarket for a NEWB with a limited budget. (I realize this is a pretty broad question.)

Thanks for your time.
Old 8/31/13, 04:09 PM
Cobra Member

What is your overall plan with the car? Just DD with a few mods or do you plan on some track time, etc.?
Old 8/31/13, 04:26 PM

Thanks for the quick response.

Strictly a DD with a few mods. I have a limited budget (+/- $1K) and am pretty green. I got the perf package because I liked the handling and ride vs. the base. My first priority is increasing performance & handling and then maybe an external option to make it look nicer ($ permitting). I hope that helps.

Last edited by sorengard; 8/31/13 at 04:40 PM.
Old 8/31/13, 04:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Dealer Options? None!
They are all probably going to be overpriced.
The first thing I would do where you would still retain your warranty is lowering the car with some springs, if not then a Tune and gears
Old 8/31/13, 07:58 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by sorengard
Thanks for the quick response.

Strictly a DD with a few mods. I have a limited budget (+/- $1K) and am pretty green. I got the perf package because I liked the handling and ride vs. the base. My first priority is increasing performance & handling and then maybe an external option to make it look nicer ($ permitting). I hope that helps.
Ok I would go with one of the Ford racing handling packs which would be around 1K maybe a little more but you can negotiate to get the price lower or have them install some apperance mods such as strips and gt500 axle-backs or Ford racing sport axle-backs. I would only go with tune ( tune you can install yourself, super easy) and gears if you don't care about your warranty which may be void by installing those but not necessarily. Depends on your dealer and your relationship with said dealer imo but everyone and there mother has an opinion on the whole warranty thing.
Old 9/1/13, 06:34 AM
GT Member

My dealer installed the FRPP V6 Handling Pack, PHB and FRPP Sport Axleback Mufflers. They used Ford Racing's prices which are a little higher than AM's but not bad. Labor estimate was the standard rates from their warranty guidelines but it ended up being less based on the time it really took. It's easier to work on a brand new car, I guess. All parts are covered under Fords 3/36K bumper to bumper.

Last edited by ustabawannab; 9/1/13 at 06:36 AM.