Notices
'10-14 V6 Modifications Place to discuss 2010 V6 modifications

Cold air intake

Search this Thread

Old 4/1/13, 11:51 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cold air intake

I just got my airaid cold air intake and I love the grunt it adds to my ride at 4k rpms... I feel a difference in power but what mod will get the most out of your car for the price..?
Old 4/2/13, 05:24 AM
Cobra Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
A tuner by itself is the most cost effective, because you can change the tunes are delivered based on your car's current configuration. So, if your car is stock, a tune can be made for regular or premium fuel, firmer/softer shifts, customized shift points, etc. Even better, as you mod your car, you can get new tunes that accommodate your new mods.

For the money, a tuner is the absolute best thing you can by for your car, even BEFORE a CAI.
Old 4/2/13, 04:16 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by jsimmons
A tuner by itself is the most cost effective, because you can change the tunes are delivered based on your car's current configuration. So, if your car is stock, a tune can be made for regular or premium fuel, firmer/softer shifts, customized shift points, etc. Even better, as you mod your car, you can get new tunes that accommodate your new mods.

For the money, a tuner is the absolute best thing you can by for your car, even BEFORE a CAI.
What about if you have a manual
Old 4/2/13, 06:18 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by michael 20
What about if you have a manual
It's still the best mod you can get for your car for the reasons already stated.
Old 4/2/13, 08:49 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by jsimmons

It's still the best mod you can get for your car for the reasons already stated.
What could it do for a manual?
Old 4/3/13, 04:23 AM
Cobra Member

What could it do for a manual?
Everything state except the shift points (obviously). Each tune is different, but it can change things like cam timing, engine timing, air/fuel mixture, and other engine operating parameters. A 87-octane street tune can give better performance AND better mileage, for instance. I have an automatic, so it also improves the quality of the shifting of the transmission. A tune can also be configured to disable the speed limiter (but I wouldn't recommend doing this unless you've replaced the drive shaft).
Old 4/3/13, 04:30 PM

The tune definitely does alot for your car. Economy, power, ability to read check engine lights. Its great
Old 4/3/13, 05:21 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by YoungSequoia
The tune definitely does alot for your car. Economy, power, ability to read check engine lights. Its great
I just put on my airaid CAI it's great... I see a change in the MPG I love the roar and its great I can feel the power.. When I get enough money what tune would go with this? And be the most beneficial.. I've heard of SCT but idk what else
Old 4/3/13, 07:32 PM
Bullitt Member

I just put on my airaid CAI it's great... I see a change in the MPG I love the roar and its great I can feel the power.. When I get enough money what tune would go with this? And be the most beneficial.. I've heard of SCT but idk what else
SCT loaded with bama tunes would be a great start. I think the include a street performance and race tune. You send them some info on your car and what mods you have and they will send you the tunes. Once you purchase the SCT tuner and you mod ur car further say an off road h pipe you can let them no and they will re-write tunes for your new mods for free for a lifetime. Safe reliable and fast! Cant ask for anything more
Old 4/4/13, 12:40 PM

Exactly what joey said. Bama is great for all around use or beginner tuning. If you go all hardcore on us youll have to pay more and go to a place and get it dyno'd like brenspeed or jon lund
Old 4/5/13, 11:06 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Told you it would change the sound! Ya defiantly go with a BAMA tuner from AM.