'10-14 V6 Modifications Place to discuss 2010 V6 modifications

2011 Ford Mustang V6 - Before snd After

Search this Thread

Old 3/24/12 | 08:01 AM

2011 Ford Mustang V6 - Before snd After

First purchased the car as a base model and one year later, it is completely transformed.

Rear decklid

Cali Special Rims

Flush Mount Lovers

Mirror Caps

Roush Rear Valance

Square Tip Roush Exhaust

New Decal

2011 Ford Mustang V6 - Before snd After-image-617411978.jpg

2011 Ford Mustang V6 - Before snd After-image-4125127449.jpg
Old 3/24/12 | 08:19 AM
FR500 Member

Nice! More pics would be awesome.
Old 3/24/12 | 09:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Nice work! Here is mine after 11 months. I was even a more base mode (Rapid Spec 100A) which was worth it because it was just about the last '11 Sterling Grey Vert in the country back then. I started with a fresh canvas and my work in progress is at least 90% there inside and out. Short list of mods:
Unique stripe package,
GT500 Steering Wheel
AM Short Throw Shifter with SpeedDawg Shift know
Painted interior panels
Flowmaster Force II Exhaust
Shaker 500 head unit (to get wheel controls to work but got 6 CD an Satellite)
Stack Racing Black Billet Upper and Lower Grille
Spec D Tuning Dual Halo Projector Headlights
CDC Tonneau cover
Plasti-Dipped Stock Rims (gunmetal but don't have the pic on this computer)

Future mod:
Starkey Foglight Kit
Aftermarket wheels (Gunmetal)

Looks like you are an MMAS case like me LOL MMAS = Mustang Modification Addition Syndrome
Attached Thumbnails 2011 Ford Mustang V6 - Before snd After-p1090013.jpg   2011 Ford Mustang V6 - Before snd After-p1090001.jpg  
Old 3/25/12 | 04:07 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by SterlingStangMan
Nice work! Here is mine after 11 months. I was even a more base mode (Rapid Spec 100A) which was worth it because it was just about the last '11 Sterling Grey Vert in the country back then. I started with a fresh canvas and my work in progress is at least 90% there inside and out. Short list of mods:
Unique stripe package,
GT500 Steering Wheel
Painted interior panels
CDC Tonneau cover

Future mod:
Starkey Foglight Kit

Looks like you are an MMAS case like me LOL MMAS = Mustang Modification Addition Syndrome
Looks great. I am in process of replacing my stock head unit. I already upgraded the steering wheel to a GT. Where did you get your Shaker500 and how did you wire the steering wheel?

Thanks in advance!
Old 3/25/12 | 09:57 AM
Bullitt Member

I picked up the Shaker 500 off of ebay for $125. Check there or, you maybe able to find a audio shop locally that just took one out of a '10 or newer one. Actually the wheel controls are plug and play and will work once you change the head unit out. The only things you won't have are the subs and amplifyer connection (I may have an audio shop do those in the future) and you will need to pick up a satellite antenna (about $10) from an electronic vendor (I used Newegg). If you don't plan to use the Sirius, you can skip that one. I do recommend upgrading the speaker in the front, very easy modification. I went with Pioneers but you have a lot of choices, sounds much better than stock! These cars are a ton easier to work on than my 2004 was!
Old 3/25/12 | 10:36 AM
FR500 Member

Unique stripe package,
GT500 Steering Wheel
Painted interior panels
CDC Tonneau cover

Future mod:
Starkey Foglight Kit

Hey how do you like those dual halo projectors? Im for sure gettin a set of halos but im stuck between te single or double style

Edit: heres a pic of the single
Attached Thumbnails 2011 Ford Mustang V6 - Before snd After-image-1026773450.jpg  
Old 3/25/12 | 11:00 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Looking good.
Old 3/25/12 | 11:06 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by David Young
Looking good.
+1 all three Stangs looking great!
Old 3/25/12 | 12:14 PM
Bullitt Member

CCTKing, it is basically a matter of personal taste on the halos. I like the duals better because of the way it fills the headlight area more than the single. Just seems a little too much area for the turn/parking lights. if the singles were a little bigger diameter, i would probably like them more. It is all about personalizing your car though and I'd love to see how things progress on your car!
Old 3/25/12 | 12:32 PM
GT Member

I picked up the Shaker 500 off of ebay for $125. Check there or, you maybe able to find a audio shop locally that just took one out of a '10 or newer one. Actually the wheel controls are plug and play and will work once you change the head unit out. The only things you won't have are the subs and amplifyer connection (I may have an audio shop do those in the future) and you will need to pick up a satellite antenna (about $10) from an electronic vendor (I used Newegg). If you don't plan to use the Sirius, you can skip that one. I do recommend upgrading the speaker in the front, very easy modification. I went with Pioneers but you have a lot of choices, sounds much better than stock! These cars are a ton easier to work on than my 2004 was!
I had a base V6 and when I swapped the steering wheel out, the only plug there was for the cruise control or does it run both cruise and audio?
Thanks again for the help. I am also considering the dual halos.
Old 3/25/12 | 12:35 PM
FR500 Member

CCTKing, it is basically a matter of personal taste on the halos. I like the duals better because of the way it fills the headlight area more than the single. Just seems a little too much area for the turn/parking lights. if the singles were a little bigger diameter, i would probably like them more. It is all about personalizing your car though and I'd love to see how things progress on your car!
Amen on the "to each his own" deal! Ill definitely be starting a build thread once things get goin. Im just a freshman in college and got my masters to go for so money is gonna be tight and mods will be slow to come unfortunately... Lovin your car though! Looks mean yet sophisticated

Im thinkin bout startin a crew for just v6 stangs. "Super Sixxers" or somethin. Gonna have a local chapter and maybe have a group on here, spread nation-wide! Ambition is gonna be the death of me someday haha
Old 3/25/12 | 05:19 PM
Bullitt Member

CCTKing - I'm at the other end of the spectrum, this is my middle-age-crisis mobile LOL! My 2004 was fun but I did the mods piecemeal over the six years. On the 2011 I decided to do most upfront with the savings over the Premium trim instead so I can enjoy it more. I hear you about money being tight but do what you can. You get to have cool cars twice in your life - first when you are young and single, and then when the kids are almost out the house LOL! I agree since over half of all Mustangs are 6s, we deserve to be recognized especially now that we make over 300HP out the box!
Old 3/25/12 | 05:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Hi Laroh - I think it is a single plug for the controls (audio and cruise). When you turn the lights on all the buttons light up right? Once you replace the base with a Shaker 500 or 1000, they will work like magic! Regarding the halos, again personal preference but this thread lets you see both really close to eachother. I know the duals look great on a Sterling Grey (and probably Silver) but the Raxion (singles) seems to work on other colors like blue and red cars.
Old 3/25/12 | 06:03 PM
GT Member

Hi Laroh - I think it is a single plug for the controls (audio and cruise). When you turn the lights on all the buttons light up right? Once you replace the base with a Shaker 500 or 1000, they will work like magic! Regarding the halos, again personal preference but this thread lets you see both really close to eachother. I know the duals look great on a Sterling Grey (and probably Silver) but the Raxion (singles) seems to work on other colors like blue and red cars.
Yes, the buttons light up so I guess I did it correctly. I'll be scanning eBay for the Shaker. I suppose I'll also get Bluetooth with the Shaker 500 head unit built in?

I've got an Ingot Silver sixxer so I'll let you know if get the dual halos.

Last edited by Laroh; 3/25/12 at 07:08 PM.
Old 3/25/12 | 07:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Good luck on the bluetooth. Think that involves having Sync and that definitely requires a dealership getting involved which would be costly if it is even possible. If you figure that one out, you will be my hero LOL!
Old 3/25/12 | 10:00 PM
GT Member

Good luck on the bluetooth. Think that involves having Sync and that definitely requires a dealership getting involved which would be costly if it is even possible. If you figure that one out, you will be my hero LOL!
Oh, I didn't realize that Bluetooth was connected to Sync, but it makes sense. Thanks.
Old 3/26/12 | 12:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Talking

Pics of the plasti-dipped wheels. I will replace them when the tires wear out but may be an idea for your car Laroh! Her is a pic of my last daily driver and plain silver can gets old after a while. I guess I am addicted to stripes
Attached Thumbnails 2011 Ford Mustang V6 - Before snd After-p1100053.jpg   2011 Ford Mustang V6 - Before snd After-p9300351.jpg  
Old 3/26/12 | 01:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

let's see the rear.
Old 3/26/12 | 02:38 PM
GT Member

Pics of the plasti-dipped wheels. I will replace them when the tires wear out but may be an idea for your car Laroh! Her is a pic of my last daily driver and plain silver can gets old after a while. I guess I am addicted to stripes
I just might do that. I was thinking matte black wheels. Not sure which ones yet.
Old 4/5/12 | 10:15 AM
GT Member

I got the Shaker 500 off of a junkyard for $100 and the wheel controls work perfectly. Thanks for the help. I ordered an antenna for the sat. Where did you mount it?

The shaker came with a new faceplate as well. I won't be using it since is slightly worn and looks older than mine. Next year's project will be to see if I can mod it to put in a 7' iPad in the faceplate. We'll see about that.

Thanks again for your help, bro!

Quick Reply: 2011 Ford Mustang V6 - Before snd After