Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

What would u do?

Search this Thread

Old 9/28/11, 10:27 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by texastboneking

Again... You start with personal blows instead of actually supporting your previous comment...

Now let's see. Explain how he is going to improve over 1 second with those few mods you mentioned.
And let's see if you can do it intellectually without personal attacks.. I'm gonna go ahead and guess no you can't.
Im not part of your quarrel with the other guy but I have this info to provide.
Well, I can vouche for a 1 second gain, I installed a 4k converter, 3:73 gears, catback, and a canned tune, Those with drag radials were enough for me.

Last edited by UnrealFord; 9/28/11 at 10:29 PM.
Old 9/28/11, 10:28 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by wproctor411

Nice info. I had to put NT05R's on the back and then hit 11's, and that was such an awesome high! I'm not the best at shifting either but getting better every day. I have an extra set of wheels with standard Nitto 275/18/NTO5s but am keeping them for twisties. I got out to a track day this year kind of late in the day but did about 10 laps on a parking lot cone course and am hooked totally, like a junkie - more under body work coming very soon and I've got 14" Wilwoods for the front and back to put on this winter when the car is stored.
Nice! I'd be happy to get high 12's with my minimal experience. I know some stickier tires will put me there for sure. Track season is about done here, I'll have to wait till next spring to get out again. Post some reviews up when you get those Wilwoods on. I'd like to upgrade brakes and suspension eventually too.
Old 9/28/11, 10:33 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Originally Posted by UnrealFord

Well, I can vouche for a 1 second gain, I installed a 4k converter, 3:73 gears, catback, and a canned tune, Those with drag radials were enough for me.
I'm not saying its impossible.
He did not specify the stall of the converter. And he said with factory gears. When one of the better drivers makes a completely stock one go in just a little under 13 I find it hard to believe an intake, tune, driveshaft, slicks and stall will make it right above 11. Now instead of him producing factual evidence of his claim he starts with the personal jabbing. Which in my eyes makes his statement seem even more false when he has to jab to back his stuff.
Old 9/29/11, 01:02 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ttbk, I owe you nothing because you will argue that the sky is green with me . Don't mention the word intellectual. "Dump the clutch " on an automatic. That's all I needed to hear pal or anyone else in this forum.

Now, to the OP, I apologize for the nonsense between this guy that calls himself a Ford tech and me. It's quite sad for us as mustang owners to deal with this from someone that is supposed to represent Ford motor company. He was never taught that the customer is always right and even to the point he makes ad hominem attacks upon loyal Ford owners.

Op, the mods I mentioned will make your car sick. Good luck and have fun with your coyote.

Last edited by 2012GT; 9/29/11 at 04:12 AM.
Old 9/29/11, 05:10 AM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Originally Posted by 2012GT
Ttbk, I owe you nothing because you will argue that the sky is green with me . Don't mention the word intellectual. "Dump the clutch " on an automatic. That's all I needed to hear pal or anyone else in this forum.

Now, to the OP, I apologize for the nonsense between this guy that calls himself a Ford tech and me. It's quite sad for us as mustang owners to deal with this from someone that is supposed to represent Ford motor company. He was never taught that the customer is always right and even to the point he makes ad hominem attacks upon loyal Ford owners.

Op, the mods I mentioned will make your car sick. Good luck and have fun with your coyote.
And again you failed to support your original statement and you took more personal jabs. I'm seeing a trend here.

Just out of curiousity how old are you?
Old 9/29/11, 05:28 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Hytek
Nice! I'd be happy to get high 12's with my minimal experience. I know some stickier tires will put me there for sure. Track season is about done here, I'll have to wait till next spring to get out again. Post some reviews up when you get those Wilwoods on. I'd like to upgrade brakes and suspension eventually too.

I will add a very detailed thread for the Wilwood install this winter with pics and tips but will most likely have a local shop do the rears and while installing new axles and an Eaton or Auburn Posi unit, and possibly 3.90 or 4.10 gears, but I think the 3.90's will do better for the MT82 shift points, the 3-4 gears for sure.

You can get a decent discount from Wilwood or a vendor if you buy the front and back at the same time. I went 14" front and back, red with slotted and drilled rotors, and went with the bigger front Calipers, they look awesome. I have the Candy Apple Red paint and kind of think I should have got the black caliper color, race red and candy red don't really match too well so I may have them powder coated but I need a specification for high-temp paint or powder coat so they don't FUBAR my caliper finishes.
Old 9/29/11, 10:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

I will add a very detailed thread for the Wilwood install this winter with pics and tips but will most likely have a local shop do the rears and while installing new axles and an Eaton or Auburn Posi unit, and possibly 3.90 or 4.10 gears, but I think the 3.90's will do better for the MT82 shift points, the 3-4 gears for sure.

You can get a decent discount from Wilwood or a vendor if you buy the front and back at the same time. I went 14" front and back, red with slotted and drilled rotors, and went with the bigger front Calipers, they look awesome. I have the Candy Apple Red paint and kind of think I should have got the black caliper color, race red and candy red don't really match too well so I may have them powder coated but I need a specification for high-temp paint or powder coat so they don't FUBAR my caliper finishes.

Good call on the Wilwoods. I'm also looking into doing front/rear kits. Any suggestions or opinions on the install? Are we gonna have to do anything specific or are the kits gonna be bolt on and go?
Old 9/29/11, 10:48 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by BlackMamba03

Good call on the Wilwoods. I'm also looking into doing front/rear kits. Any suggestions or opinions on the install? Are we gonna have to do anything specific or are the kits gonna be bolt on and go?
I downloaded the PDFs of the instructions and these stood out;
You have to grind a little off the front spindles where the caliper bolts go but it doesn't look bad. The rear axels have to be taken out to install the new rear caliper brackets. You also have to safety wire the hihat bolts but that isn't hard, it's just time consuming. They have pretty good directions. I also purchased a reverse brake bleeder.
Old 9/30/11, 12:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

I downloaded the PDFs of the instructions and these stood out;
You have to grind a little off the front spindles where the caliper bolts go but it doesn't look bad. The rear axels have to be taken out to install the new rear caliper brackets. You also have to safety wire the hihat bolts but that isn't hard, it's just time consuming. They have pretty good directions. I also purchased a reverse brake bleeder.

Doesn't seem too difficult. I'm not a fan of having to grind but it is what it is I suppose. I'll be replacing the stock axles with Moser's so I'm not worried about that step. I looked at the PDF and it's really good in detail.

Post pics when you're done with the install. It might be awhile for me as I'm purchasing front and rear kits. Almost $5k worth!