5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Which way should I go?

Search this Thread

Old 10/10/12, 07:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which way should I go?

I m not sure which mods should be my next step. I just recently got some GT500 ABs, C&L cai and tune. I love the sound and power of my mods, but now I m just addicted lol. I dont know if I should go with another power mod or focus on getting more of the power I already have to the ground. There a guy locally who is selling a brand new boss 302 manifold for about $100 less than the retail price. The other thing I thought of was going with some 3.73 gears and lower control arms to get the power I have now, down to the ground. Now I know there s alot of other mods out there that can help either direction I go with, but I m limited to about $500. So either of the two options I m thinking of with installation will keep me around that price range. However, I m open to any other suggestions for either direction so long as I stay within my tiny budget.

Thanks in advanced!
Old 10/10/12, 08:04 PM
GT Member

Personaly I would go with the 3.73s and some rear LCAs. That's where you'll get the most bang for your buck. You'll need a reflash for the boss manifold and unless your tracking it you won't ever be in the revs enough to see its advantage.
Old 10/10/12, 08:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Well I did talk to Doug from C&L and he told me that he would rewrite me a tune for the manifold. He did say that in DD i wouldnt feel a power difference, because the manifold adds power on the top end. So I am leaning a little more toward the LCAs and gears.

Any suggestions on which LCAs?

My mustang is my DD and my work commute is about 30-40 minutes round trip, mostly highway driving. Are 3.73s the best choice for me? I would like 4.10s but I think it would be too much and my mpg would suffer, especially because I cant keep my foot off the gas lol. I think anything less than 3.73s however would be a waste of money. Am I right?
Old 10/10/12, 09:17 PM
GT Member

A 3.73 is a good all-around gear without much compromise on fuel mileage.
Old 10/11/12, 04:58 AM
GT Member

I've had good experience with BMR and Steeda. Generally speaking if Steeda makes it, they make the best of it. With that said I have BMR adjustable pan hard bar and rear LCAs on this car. Quality peices.