The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   5.0L GT Modifications (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f800/)
-   -   Vortech install cometed... Questions? (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f800/vortech-install-cometed-questions-531949/)

laserred38 8/4/14 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by FromZto5 (Post 6833530)
OH!!! LOL, now you tell me :lol: Impressive. I couldn't tell from the avatar, description, or lack of sig. Complete sleeper. I think I need to do the same on mine. Make it appear stockish more, even on the forum. haha... Nice car and setup, sir.

That's what I keep telling you...black out everything but the headlights, wheels and reverse lights. Let them guess. Let them get smoked but the dark sinister Kona Blur :devil:

shayner 8/7/14 08:20 AM

well the data logging sessions are over and I got my final tune installed. had her out last night and its perfect. man this car hauls ***!!!
after tune 4 I did onother 3000 to 7000rpm pull and I was leaning out at 6800, to much power jon said so he took a bit away to keep me in the safe zone....those 47lbs injectors don't like being in the 600+rwhp range.
he thinks the rwhp is around 580 to 590 now with 470rwt.red line is set for 6800.
I am more than happy with this power and its going to be reliable for some time as I general don't beat the piss out of my car.
all in all the experience with lund racing was excellent, he was helpful through the whole process as it was my first time data logging but in the end the results turned out well.
ill enjoy it till the fall and next spring ill dyno the car for the real numbers, as for now
BURN OUT!!!!!

FromZto5 8/7/14 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by shayner (Post 6837708)
well the data logging sessions are over and I got my final tune installed. had her out last night and its perfect. man this car hauls ***!!! after tune 4 I did onother 3000 to 7000rpm pull and I was leaning out at 6800, to much power jon said so he took a bit away to keep me in the safe zone....those 47lbs injectors don't like being in the 600+rwhp range. he thinks the rwhp is around 580 to 590 now with 470rwt.red line is set for 6800. I am more than happy with this power and its going to be reliable for some time as I general don't beat the piss out of my car. all in all the experience with lund racing was excellent, he was helpful through the whole process as it was my first time data logging but in the end the results turned out well. ill enjoy it till the fall and next spring ill dyno the car for the real numbers, as for now BURN OUT!!!!!

Awesome! Sounds exactly like my situation, tune experience, and power numbers.

Tron84 8/9/14 06:49 AM

Glad everything worked out!
Jon Lund II was very helpful with answering many of my questions that were not even tune related.
Seemed like he really went the extra mile to make sure the tune was safe and it drove how I wanted it to.

SMOKE46 8/13/14 09:21 PM

Sounds like a great kit, I have a 14 1/2 GT and prolly will play with a charger in awhile. What was the cost of the kit & did you install yourself ? I was thinking 2.3 whipple which is alot more prolly.

shayner 8/20/14 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by SMOKE46 (Post 6840145)
Sounds like a great kit, I have a 14 1/2 GT and prolly will play with a charger in awhile. What was the cost of the kit & did you install yourself ? I was thinking 2.3 whipple which is alot more prolly.

If your in the states, contact beefcake racing and talk to terry... The far best deal your gonna find.
And for your tuning needs go with Jon Lund (Lund racing)
Professionally you'll be taken care of and at the end your have reliable power for yrs to come.

SMOKE46 8/25/14 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by shayner (Post 6842430)
If your in the states, contact beefcake racing and talk to terry... The far best deal your gonna find.
And for your tuning needs go with Jon Lund (Lund racing)
Professionally you'll be taken care of and at the end your have reliable power for yrs to come.

THANX, YES I think I maybe know of him on another site that I monitor NLOC or LightningRodder it's a Lightning truck f-150 site.