Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Video:14 Mustang GT Track key (TracKey) lope program Ford Racing

Search this Thread

Old 6/19/14, 07:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Video:14 Mustang GT Track key (TracKey) lope program Ford Racing

Enjoy the video... I'm very impressed with the tune. Pulls nice throughout the RPM range. The best thing about it....I still have the factory warranty

http://youtu.be/-BeWEuJ8RCk
Old 6/19/14, 07:45 AM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 13 Cobra Toy
Enjoy the video... I'm very impressed with the tune. Pulls nice throughout the RPM range. The best thing about it....I still have the factory warranty

http://youtu.be/-BeWEuJ8RCk
Very Cool!!
Thanks for the video.
Old 6/19/14, 04:15 PM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I see in the YouTube notes that the lopey idle goes into effect after 2 minutes. My question is, is that only when the car is cold, or is that every time you start the car? For example, if I pull into a car show, the car sits for a little while and then I leave, would it have to idle for 2 minutes again before the lopey idle starts, even if the engine hasn't cooled down?
Old 6/19/14, 07:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by John H
I see in the YouTube notes that the lopey idle goes into effect after 2 minutes. My question is, is that only when the car is cold, or is that every time you start the car? For example, if I pull into a car show, the car sits for a little while and then I leave, would it have to idle for 2 minutes again before the lopey idle starts, even if the engine hasn't cooled down?
I too have wondered this! I also am curious because I would like to get this eventually. I will have to get the ProCal Track Tune though since my 14 is Pre July. Does anyone know if the Track Key message displays all the time with the tune version?
Old 6/19/14, 11:40 PM
GT Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Not sure about the GT track key, but on the Boss 302 after the temp gets to 170, then it's 130 seconds....how they picked that I don't know and the lopey idle kicks in. The display in the Boss says "TracKey idle enabled". I've had it kick in sooner than 130 seconds, but only after the car has been driven awhile, turned off and then driven again relatively soon.
Old 6/20/14, 07:07 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds sick man, im looking into this but not sure if it will affect the Roush phase one kit im getting next year?
Old 6/20/14, 08:15 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by Astenax
Sounds sick man, im looking into this but not sure if it will affect the Roush phase one kit im getting next year?
It won't work with the blower tune.
Old 6/20/14, 08:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Yeh. It would be nice if you could just start the engine at a gas station or wherever and have it immediately go into a lope. Doesn't work that way. I'm sure for emissions reasons they have to stabilize every facet of engine operation first. I had the Steeda "cam idle" tune for a while. It would go into lope mode immediately. Well, let me qualify that. First the engine would stall three times. THEN it would go into lope mode. At least the Ford Racing tune doesn't make it look as though you don't know how to drive.
Old 6/21/14, 09:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
It won't work with the blower tune.
Thanks for the heads up!
Old 6/22/14, 08:54 PM
GT Member

The Lopey idle sounds just like a 60's muscle car with high performance cams.
Even more fun is my car now also shakes just like the 69 Z28 my brother owned back in the day.
The Lopey idle does not make the car faster but it is definitely fun.
Old 6/23/14, 05:13 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 65sohc
Yeh. I had the Steeda "cam idle" tune for a while. It would go into lope mode immediately. Well, let me qualify that. First the engine would stall three times. THEN it would go into lope mode.
Maybe that's why the FRPP tune makes you wait a bit.
Old 6/23/14, 06:21 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Went to Sonic last night with my wife and son and I had the Trackey tune running. The lopey idle went into effect as we pulled up to order our food. By the time we ordered and pulled around to the drive thru window 6 employees were standing by the window with cellphones taking video and asking me to rev it. With the Boss side exhaust and GT500 axle-backs it sounds wicked.... especially when idling
Old 6/23/14, 06:30 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

How was everything else about the tune? Throttle response, decel, that kind of stuff?
Old 6/23/14, 06:38 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Stevedotmil
How was everything else about the tune? Throttle response, decel, that kind of stuff?
Throttle response is definitely better and engine braking is definitely noticeable. I'm hoping to take the car out soon for an Auto-X event as long as the wrist is healed so I can take this cast off.

I will say though the one place this tune sucks....... the gas tank!! I use alot more gas now.
Old 6/23/14, 06:42 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB
I will say though the one place this tune sucks....... the gas tank!! I use alot more gas now.
Now, is that due to the tune itself, or how you drive it now that you have the tune?
Old 6/23/14, 07:44 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Soo with all the other aftermarket ghost cam tunes, it's required to go with a catless mid pipe - why is it okay on the Track Key to have your stock cats?
Old 6/23/14, 09:36 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB
Throttle response is definitely better and engine braking is definitely noticeable. I'm hoping to take the car out soon for an Auto-X event as long as the wrist is healed so I can take this cast off.

I have also noticed a significant drop in gas mileage. Not sure yet if it is the tune or just all the fun I am having
Old 6/23/14, 10:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
You know, I just bought my car (400 miles on it) and I notice the gas mileage has been improving each time I fill. I assume is because of some kind of break in or PCM learning. I wonder if the new tune also has some kind of learning curve associated with it?
Old 6/23/14, 06:23 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by John H
Now, is that due to the tune itself, or how you drive it now that you have the tune?
For sure the throttle response and engine braking are due to the tune. My gas mileage is my right foot
Old 6/27/14, 11:41 AM

Thanks for the feedback! I have to wait a while to get it but I'll definitely be looking for all the feedback I can find. Lap times, drag strip results, etc is what I'm hoping to find next. I'm just looking for mild bump in power while retaining the warranty.

Part of me does wonder if an off road X or H with O2 spacers would be ok running the track key. My old '13 V6 was able to run Borla long tubes and O2 spacers with no CEL's for about 500 miles before I got another tune.

Quick Reply: Video:14 Mustang GT Track key (TracKey) lope program Ford Racing