5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Unexpected Mod Opportunity!

Search this Thread

Old 6/18/12, 08:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unexpected Mod Opportunity!

I recently got my first gt, a 2012 performance white 5.0 base auto to be exact . Coming from a 04' v6, talk about a huge leap in power, and I m addicted . Anyways I m going to have about 1000-1200 for my first round of mods next month, so I had alot to think about asnfar as what mods to do, interior, exterior, engine, or combinations of the 2 or 3. So I had finally decided I wanted to give her some personality first and some sound(exterior and axelbacks). Well as I was browsing craigslist, I came across someone selling a boss intake manifold and C&L CAI with only 1500 miles on them for 700. I immediately called and it turned out it was the salesman who sold me my mustang( who would have thought). He tells me the reason he was selling them was because he got a roush supercharger. He told me that if I wanted them, he would hold them for me till next month. So now I m so tempted but if I do buy them I m going to have to buy the tuner and that would be the end of my mods, which +60hp I cant complain but no added personality :/. Dont know what to do? Should I get them and hold off another month or 2 to get the tuner and install, so I can add some exterior mods? IDK?

Ideas, comments, 2 cents are welcomed!

Sry so long...
Old 6/18/12, 08:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I do understand your dilemma. But sometimes you have "get it while the getting is good" so to speak. There is always later to add the personality to the car.
Old 6/18/12, 11:55 PM
GTR Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
^^^ + 1
Old 6/19/12, 07:11 AM
Cobra Member

I saw go ahead and get the tuner add some personality later
Old 6/19/12, 07:42 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks guys, I know everyones like, "What is this guy waiting for?" lol
After sleeping on it, I decided to just go for it .

PS. I gotta admit that I have recently gotten use to the power and have been starving for more. This 5.0 is addicting, especially knowing there's so much more you can get out of it !!!

Should I have any concerns with this mod, being that by next month I probably would have just had my first oil change?
Old 6/19/12, 07:50 AM
Cobra R Member

I say do the other stuff first. Enjoy the HUGE (thats an understatement) increase in power you just got and mod it to way you want it to look first. Later on do the power adding mods. Trust me, you are NOT used to the power already.

Plus the way I look at it, you should have the car at least several thousand miles before tossing your warranty out the window, especially with your salesman selling you the parts. Yes, you pay to play, but what if you car has an issue from the factory and u mod it in the first month and then it craps out on you.
Old 6/19/12, 08:30 AM
Bullitt Member

2012GTCS-You make a valid point! I hate to admit it, but truly truely I havent felt what she can do. The warranty thing has always worried me just because I never had any mods past exhaust and a CAI in my 04' v6. Maybe I should just buy the manifold and CAI because it is a good deal, but hold off on the tuner for a while. The money that would have gone for the tuner, I could add some exterior mods.

???
Old 6/19/12, 10:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2012GTCS
I say do the other stuff first. Enjoy the HUGE (thats an understatement) increase in power you just got and mod it to way you want it to look first. Later on do the power adding mods. Trust me, you are NOT used to the power already.

Plus the way I look at it, you should have the car at least several thousand miles before tossing your warranty out the window, especially with your salesman selling you the parts. Yes, you pay to play, but what if you car has an issue from the factory and u mod it in the first month and then it craps out on you.
He does make a valid point. But eventually you will want to add power. And when you do you may not find a deal like this. Definitely a dilemma.
Old 6/19/12, 01:59 PM
Bullitt Member

RobDis- Yea I know thats why I said, I ll probably just get the manifold and CAI anyways, but hold off on the tuner for at least a couple more K of miles on my 5.0. That way with the $380 that would go for the tuner, I could get some exterior mods .
Old 6/19/12, 02:02 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I say buy them and put them on down the road. Focus on exterior and making it yours while getting used to the power. Then if you want to put it on do it! Or if you could sell it in between and make some money do that! If it's a good deal, jump on it regardless I say.

Plus... Think. If you get used to all the power then add that down the road it'll just make you notice the gains that much more bc you'll know what you have!
Old 6/19/12, 02:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Yea thats what I m planning on doing now. I m saving almost $300 on the two parts, I think its a good deal, not too mention he only had them on for 1500 miles and never tracked it. He said he bolted them on after just 2500K and had no problems with the bama tune, but I d still rather wait a little bit. thanks guys for the advice, feel alot more clear on my decision