5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Took a datalog of my BAMA tune

Search this Thread

Old 10/12/13, 11:16 AM
V6 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Check your Datalogs

Finally had a chance to take a datalog of the car on the 93H tune primarily because I wasn't happy with driveability. Specifically the on/off throttle and excessive engine braking. Second the performance at the track wasn't too impressive. I'm no expert, but I am not liking the knock, it looks pretty significant to me. Also how accurate is that A/F? I've never seen an A/F stay that consistent. It stays at 0.84 and does not budge throughout the entire pull.

What do you guys think? Outside temp was in the 60's so I can't imagine the knock it was seeing in 100 deg weather. I immediately sent over my log to Bama and they are helping me out, but I HIGHLY advise you guys to datalog your cars. regardless of the tuner. I'm going to wait until I get the new tunes and then datalog each one again.

3rd Gear Pull. Knock starts off at about 2-3 goes up to 6 deg.

Last edited by Xtian85; 10/12/13 at 11:51 AM.
Old 10/14/13, 08:45 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Xtian85
Finally had a chance to take a datalog of the car on the 93H tune primarily because I wasn't happy with driveability. Specifically the on/off throttle and excessive engine braking. Second the performance at the track wasn't too impressive. I'm no expert, but I am not liking the knock, it looks pretty significant to me. Also how accurate is that A/F? I've never seen an A/F stay that consistent. It stays at 0.84 and does not budge throughout the entire pull.

What do you guys think? Outside temp was in the 60's so I can't imagine the knock it was seeing in 100 deg weather. I immediately sent over my log to Bama and they are helping me out, but I HIGHLY advise you guys to datalog your cars. regardless of the tuner. I'm going to wait until I get the new tunes and then datalog each one again.

3rd Gear Pull. Knock starts off at about 2-3 goes up to 6 deg.
Hey,

Thanks for datalogging with us and sending it over. Everything looks good but we definitely want to look into the tune and see why you're getting knock. We can make some quick adjustments to your tune and we'll get you squared away and enjoying your tune in no time!

Please stay in touch with my Bama team and we'll have you squared away in no time!

Let me know if you have any questions for me if you need some assistance!

-Dan