5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Which supercharger?

Search this Thread

Old 5/27/12, 06:15 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Not sure if you retain warranty with the ford racing kit. But I know that the roush kit installed by an authorized dealer is warrantied.
Old 5/27/12, 06:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by Turboba6
Whipple = $8000.00 (with Required Dyno tune) SERIOUS Install..Add $1200 Shop price for That...Total=$9200..
Procharger= $4500-$5000..And Most folks can Install themselves in a Day...

Does That help :-)
The whipple isn't that serious of an install, you can do it in your driveway if you just follow the directions and it is definitely not 8K
Originally Posted by Kpd3014
Yeah that helps, I spoke with the guys at the dealership and according to them the warranty only is for the supercharger itself and the rest of the powertrain is voided. I thought different from everything I read but who knows everyone has a different interpretation I guess.
Sooooo for the money and the power I have started to fall in love with the Hellion kit with the upgrade to a 67mm turbo.
Thoughts?
Stay away from the Hellion kit, especially if BBR is selling it to you. The ones that I have seen installed wouldn't fort correctly without having to modify the ENTIRE kit. They may have revised it, I am not sure of that but I would stay away from it until someone else has tried it.
Originally Posted by FromZto5
I want this bad. So if I understand this, the ford 525 whipple kit warranties the entire power train, not just the blower parts? And how much is the 525 kit with install? I want the 600+ kit tho lol
If I remember correctly the 525 kit is warrantied with your power train but because the 625 kit is pushing closer to the limits of the stock block it is not warranted.
Old 5/27/12, 06:37 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by ford20
The whipple isn't that serious of an install, you can do it in your driveway if you just follow the directions and it is definitely not 8k

If I remember correctly the 525 kit is warrantied with your power train but because the 625 kit is pushing closer to the limits of the stock block it is not warranted.
This is good to know that it will be warrantied. So entire power train, right?

As for the install, it's doable by oneself? I would like to do it myself if need be. Wouldn't that void the warranty tho? I thought I read or heard somewhere that the kit had to be installed by a ford dealer... no?
Old 5/27/12, 06:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Not sure if you retain warranty with the ford racing kit. But I know that the roush kit installed by an authorized dealer is warrantied.
I don't think you read my post. It retains factory warranty with the 525hp only not the 650. Call ford racing and they will give u the correct info. Roush sc warranty itself is better compared to ford racing 12/12 warranty
Old 5/27/12, 06:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe it's just me but ProCharger is my choice. With the Ford Racing/Whipple/Roush kits, the timing cover has to be ground up. Not something I wanna have to do
Old 5/27/12, 06:56 PM
Legacy TMS Member

The Ford Racing Whipple 525 HP kit has a 12 month/12,000 mile warranty when installed by a Ford Dealer, and the Roush TVS 540 HP kit has a 36 month, 36,000 mile warranty when installed by Ford or Roush Dealer.

These warranties only apply to the supercharger kits themselves, but the factory warranties remain intact. If I were installing a supercharger, I would do it before I hit the end of my factory warranty, and it would definitely be between these two kits.
Old 5/27/12, 08:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

I've noticed some of us keep saying the same thing over and over,...redundancy is key in this thread apparently. Lol
Old 5/27/12, 08:26 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Thamac15
I've noticed some of us keep saying the same thing over and over,...redundancy is key in this thread apparently. Lol
It's like chanting.
Old 5/27/12, 08:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Thamac15
Agreed... But when people don't post in complete sentences with proper grammar and punctuation, sometimes it's difficult to take them at their word. When I have a question, I usually look for well thought out comments because when someone rambles or can't put together a sentence properly, I tend not to believe what they have to say... Just my $0.02

*** I assumed your comment was directed at me, but ultimately I was just trying to make it clear for the OP what his options were with respect to maintaining factory warranty.

Last edited by Mikey; 5/27/12 at 08:34 PM.
Old 5/27/12, 08:47 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
keepinminditsaforumnotapopquizortestThisiswhyIspea kwithpictures.
Old 5/27/12, 08:56 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by BlackMamba03
Maybe it's just me but ProCharger is my choice. With the Ford Racing/Whipple/Roush kits, the timing cover has to be ground up. Not something I wanna have to do
The 2013 timing covers have had this little nipple removed IIRC but even then it looks so much more bad *** than a centrifugal when you pop the hood and IMO is more fun since you have instant torque on tap, but like ice cream there are tons of different flavors. IMO you can't really go wrong with either of them.
Originally Posted by Mikey
Agreed... But when people don't post in complete sentences with proper grammar and punctuation, sometimes it's difficult to take them at their word. When I have a question, I usually look for well thought out comments because when someone rambles or can't put together a sentence properly, I tend not to believe what they have to say... Just my $0.02

*** I assumed your comment was directed at me, but ultimately I was just trying to make it clear for the OP what his options were with respect to maintaining factory warranty.
Yo u men like mi post ab0Ve cause it be full 0F propr grmer and spelng
Old 5/27/12, 09:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Flagstang
keepinminditsaforumnotapopquizortestThisiswhyIspea kwithpictures.
Yo u men like mi post ab0Ve cause it be full 0F propr grmer and spelng
Come on, you guys usually post intelligent responses... You know what I meant!
Old 5/27/12, 10:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

My comment was intended for all of us,... I used the word "us" to include me. I went through from the beginning and saw that a few kept saying the same thing,...I found it funny. I said it 3 times lol
Old 5/27/12, 10:48 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Come on, you guys usually post intelligent responses... You know what I meant!
couldnt help it.. im a smart ***
Old 5/27/12, 10:59 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts

More like a dumb ***

Old 5/27/12, 11:07 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

same coin
Old 5/28/12, 06:41 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
The Ford Racing Whipple 525 HP kit has a 12 month/12,000 mile warranty when installed by a Ford Dealer, and the Roush TVS 540 HP kit has a 36 month, 36,000 mile warranty when installed by Ford or Roush Dealer.

These warranties only apply to the supercharger kits themselves, but the factory warranties remain intact. If I were installing a supercharger, I would do it before I hit the end of my factory warranty, and it would definitely be between these two kits.
Thanks for the information gentlemen. I will have to look at the roush kit. 540 sounds better than 525 . I am assuming that the cost is slightly higher. I hope my dealer will install a roush kit too. Not sure if that makes a difference versus a ford racing kit.

It does sound like I have to have a dealer install it (instead of myself) to keep the remaining factory kit . How do they know? Do they keep a record plus vin # in the system? So if something goes wrong with the rest of the power train, I'm in a national database? That sucks. That's another 1200 bucks I could have saved.
Old 5/28/12, 07:22 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I'm with dumb ***

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Thanks for the information gentlemen. I will have to look at the roush kit. 540 sounds better than 525 . I am assuming that the cost is slightly higher. I hope my dealer will install a roush kit too. Not sure if that makes a difference versus a ford racing kit.

It does sound like I have to have a dealer install it (instead of myself) to keep the remaining factory kit . How do they know? Do they keep a record plus vin # in the system? So if something goes wrong with the rest of the power train, I'm in a national database? That sucks. That's another 1200 bucks I could have saved.
For the extra 15HP I prefer the looks of the Whipple

Last edited by ford20; 5/28/12 at 07:23 AM.
Old 5/29/12, 11:01 AM
Legacy TMS Member

For the extra 15HP I prefer the looks of the Whipple
And the whine!!
Old 5/30/12, 08:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'm torn between the ford racing/whipple 525 and the mangacharger. I like keeping my warranty with the ford racing but the magnacharger has the option to buy powertrain warranty yet only covers a certain amount of money 5k for engine 1500 for tranny and 1500 for rear. Magnacharger I can install myself(still have to call and see if warranty will still be in affect if i install but prolly not) and requires no grinding which saves me 1200 for install. But the whipple I'm more familiar with,....how's magnacharger quality?

Last edited by Thamac15; 5/30/12 at 08:12 PM.

Quick Reply: Which supercharger?