5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Super charging my 2013 GT

Search this Thread

Old 3/7/14, 10:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Super charging my 2013 GT

Have a new 2013 GT I've been driving for a few months, it's automatic and I want to super charge it could anyone help recommend super chargers and parts to help my car handle it.... within a good price range. (I'm a senior in high school with some money but not all in the world to spend) I've looked into one roush super charger so far on American muscle
Old 3/7/14, 10:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

You have a lot of people on here recently that have installed their own (FromZto5 and Gabe(soon to be)) who I'm sure could lend some great advice. As well as a ton of other guys!
Old 3/7/14, 06:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by alex42
Have a new 2013 GT I've been driving for a few months, it's automatic and I want to super charge it could anyone help recommend super chargers and parts to help my car handle it.... within a good price range. (I'm a senior in high school with some money but not all in the world to spend) I've looked into one roush super charger so far on American muscle
Im looking in to supercharging my 2012 as well. I am glad you started this thread as I can get some good advice also. I am leaning towards the vortech due to the fact that mine is my daily and their head units last long and hold up to abuse.
Old 3/7/14, 06:31 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile

Super idea guys. It will be fun to see what type of superchargers you select. Keep us posted.
Old 3/9/14, 03:15 AM

alot is going to depend on what your looking for in HP and $$$. think the Procharger and Vortech kits are alittle cheaper and alittle easier to install. Were as the screw or roots type little more $$$ and alittle more intial time. Both ways can make great power. Depending on what power level is your goal, will also help on what you'll need to beef up to handle the extra HP.
Old 3/9/14, 04:19 AM
FR500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I would say procharge or vortech for now because power builds with the rpm's so its smoother. But theyre much louder all the time where as screw or roots types supercharger scream when under load thats it.

Personally i love the sound of a good whipple
Old 3/9/14, 12:22 PM

I was looking for a Hp range around the high 500's maybe early six something that gives me a good boost up from the stock 420 but doesn't require me to spend a whole lot on other parts
Old 3/9/14, 07:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 545 Likes on 425 Posts
The Vortech I was told just earlier today that it feels like a turbo, no boost below 4000 RPM.
This was a 50-yr old friend driving a '13 GT auto with the black Vortech kit, pushing 9psi for a max of 595 RWHP

But he was not impressed. HIS car is a 558 RWHP '08 GT500 (6-speed of course)

Today I got to drive a '12 Roush Stage 3 Phase 1 car, and similar thing, had to wait for the boost to build. This car dyno'd at 475 RWHP

My car dyno'd at 405 RWHP with no blower and doesn't feel much slower than that Roush.

I'm about to get a 9psi Whipple 2.3 kit installed on my car, a kit that according to my tuner will deliver full psi as soon as I give it gas.
I can't wait for that now ... I hate the waiting for power to build, although the Roush was smooth in its gradual nature. The owner says when the boost kicks in it tends to spin the rear tires.
To me that sounds like VTEC, yo. Lol.

I'd rather have the extra power all over the RPM range
Old 3/24/14, 09:54 AM

Screw it Going With kenne and bell
Old 3/24/14, 10:48 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by alex42
Screw it Going With kenne and bell
A good friend of mine has a Kenne Bell on his 01 cobra and that thing is a beast. 450 to the wheels. Slams you into the seat when he smashes the gas.
Old 3/24/14, 12:32 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Moving to '10-'14 Modifications - 5.0L GT Modifications section, but will leave a link for a few hours . . .
Old 3/24/14, 01:07 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
do kenne bell have kit for automatic.
Old 3/24/14, 01:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Gabe
The Vortech I was told just earlier today that it feels like a turbo, no boost below 4000 RPM.
This was a 50-yr old friend driving a '13 GT auto with the black Vortech kit, pushing 9psi for a max of 595 RWHP

But he was not impressed. HIS car is a 558 RWHP '08 GT500 (6-speed of course)

Today I got to drive a '12 Roush Stage 3 Phase 1 car, and similar thing, had to wait for the boost to build. This car dyno'd at 475 RWHP

My car dyno'd at 405 RWHP with no blower and doesn't feel much slower than that Roush.

I'm about to get a 9psi Whipple 2.3 kit installed on my car, a kit that according to my tuner will deliver full psi as soon as I give it gas.
I can't wait for that now ... I hate the waiting for power to build, although the Roush was smooth in its gradual nature. The owner says when the boost kicks in it tends to spin the rear tires.
To me that sounds like VTEC, yo. Lol.

I'd rather have the extra power all over the RPM range

I plan on installing a Roush R2300 675HP Supercharger - Phase 3 Kit with methanol injection. Hopefully getting 600RWHP. What's your opinion on this combo ?
Old 3/24/14, 01:19 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Gabe
The Vortech I was told just earlier today that it feels like a turbo, no boost below 4000 RPM. This was a 50-yr old friend driving a '13 GT auto with the black Vortech kit, pushing 9psi for a max of 595 RWHP But he was not impressed. HIS car is a 558 RWHP '08 GT500 (6-speed of course) Today I got to drive a '12 Roush Stage 3 Phase 1 car, and similar thing, had to wait for the boost to build. This car dyno'd at 475 RWHP My car dyno'd at 405 RWHP with no blower and doesn't feel much slower than that Roush. I'm about to get a 9psi Whipple 2.3 kit installed on my car, a kit that according to my tuner will deliver full psi as soon as I give it gas. I can't wait for that now ... I hate the waiting for power to build, although the Roush was smooth in its gradual nature. The owner says when the boost kicks in it tends to spin the rear tires. To me that sounds like VTEC, yo. Lol. I'd rather have the extra power all over the RPM range
It is pretty instant. You should be at full hp from about 2500-redline. It just doesn't let up unless you do. My dyno graph is pretty much a straight line above 570hp. Torque takes a slight curve but not much. You're gonna love it until you get caught in the rain trying to cut in traffic. Lol
Old 3/24/14, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by STUKUP2112
I plan on installing a Roush R2300 675HP Supercharger - Phase 3 Kit with methanol injection. Hopefully getting 600RWHP. What's your opinion on this combo ?
I don't like methanol injection but it can and will save your motor to a certain extent. Just one more component to be concerned with. I would just trade her on a Shelby before I spent all that cash on a maxed out setup. That sounds like a $7k hit vs a few more $k on a car already at that hp. Just my opinion.
Old 3/24/14, 02:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
I don't like methanol injection but it can and will save your motor to a certain extent. Just one more component to be concerned with. I would just trade her on a Shelby before I spent all that cash on a maxed out setup. That sounds like a $7k hit vs a few more $k on a car already at that hp. Just my opinion.
I Did too much work to my car to make it look the way I want it to look and spent 10k total, but money not an issue, so another 7k to give it 600RWHP is not a problem. Although the GT500 is a great car, I like the satisfaction of building my car and who know what modification I'd want do to a Shelby. Just in my opinion.
Old 3/24/14, 03:02 PM

I Did too much work to my car to make it look the way I want it to look and spent 10k total, but money not an issue, so another 7k to give it 600RWHP is not a problem. Although the GT500 is a great car, I like the satisfaction of building my car and who know what modification I'd want do to a Shelby. Just in my opinion.
I understand that. You're just pushing the limits at 600hp. I like easy and safe hp which is why I said get a Shelby. I personally don't like the Shelbys styling so if I had one, there would be a lot of deshelby modding.
Old 3/24/14, 03:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
I understand that. You're just pushing the limits at 600hp. I like easy and safe hp which is why I said get a Shelby. I personally don't like the Shelbys styling so if I had one, there would be a lot of deshelby modding.
Exactly !!! In either case, you would be spending a lot buckaroos and if money not the problem, I am gonna go for what I like first, then go from there !!! But that's why were in it, to win it !!!
Old 3/24/14, 07:52 PM
Banned

whether TVS/Roots or Whipple, they all will have instant power delivery as soon as the throttle is applied, just like ANY supercharger. it's what they all do (superchargers)

That's what the idea of a supercharger is. Turbos have to spool to make power, the rest are instant.

The three most popular choices (efficiency, rotors, etc.) are the Roush, the Ford Racing 2.3, and VMP TVS.

Of the three, the VMP TVS makes the most power, as it's already optimized by being ported, and such, and is complete, i.e. VMP will remote tune it to make the best power.

VMP is about to debut the 2nd generation TVS with a HUGE inlet to the rotors, so it's super efficient.

I'm waiting for that.
Old 3/24/14, 07:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
whether TVS/Roots or Whipple, they all will have instant power delivery as soon as the throttle is applied, just like ANY supercharger. it's what they all do (superchargers)

That's what the idea of a supercharger is. Turbos have to spool to make power, the rest are instant.

The three most popular choices (efficiency, rotors, etc.) are the Roush, the Ford Racing 2.3, and VMP TVS.

Of the three, the VMP TVS makes the most power, as it's already optimized by being ported, and such, and is complete, i.e. VMP will remote tune it to make the best power.

VMP is about to debut the 2nd generation TVS with a HUGE inlet to the rotors, so it's super efficient.

I'm waiting for that.
Not quite, centrifugal superchargers don't make instant power, they have the manors on a turbo.

You'll make big power up top but it'll be a little lazy on the hit.

OP, what are your plans do you want big numbers? Or a street race king? And a senior in high school? That's a ton of car, best of luck.

Quick Reply: Super charging my 2013 GT