Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Steeda Axle back exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 8/8/10, 07:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Steeda Axle back exhaust

Any 5.0's out there who have the Steeda axle-back exhaust yet? Really curious as to how this sounds, I had their cat back on my 2003 GT and the sound was AMAZING.
Old 8/8/10, 07:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

I've found this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZV1I_3pTQ5k

but was hoping for some drive bys
Old 8/8/10, 08:20 PM
Bullitt Member

They do sound good, but its soooo hard to tell on the net. I'm still completely on the fence not only with what company, but how much of the exhaust system I want to replace. Hell i might just start with muffler deletes and go from there.
Old 8/8/10, 08:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Jott
They do sound good, but its soooo hard to tell on the net. I'm still completely on the fence not only with what company, but how much of the exhaust system I want to replace. Hell i might just start with muffler deletes and go from there.
That's totally my plan actually. On my 2003 Mustang GT I saved up and did the whole thing at once.. put on SLP Long tubes, SLP O/R X-pipe, and then the Steeda cat-back. The exhaust sound was a huge thing I liked about the car. This time I don't know if I want longtubes or not so I'm going to do the mufflers and go from there

It is extremely hard to tell on the net like you said, thought I'm a huge fan of Steeda's stuff so I'm hoping it's just as good as always
Old 8/8/10, 08:41 PM
Bullitt Member

My first stang so no allegiances yet but Steeda, Bassanni and Borla seem to be the favorites amongst this forum. My car will start hibernating around Oct-Nov so will likely wait until spring to make the swap. Hoping there will be pleanty of opinions/videos by that time and I'll be able to make an easier decision.

You'll post some vids wontcha
Old 8/8/10, 09:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

My first stang so no allegiances yet but Steeda, Bassanni and Borla seem to be the favorites amongst this forum. My car will start hibernating around Oct-Nov so will likely wait until spring to make the swap. Hoping there will be pleanty of opinions/videos by that time and I'll be able to make an easier decision.

If my car ever gets here you will find out that I'm a video/picture ***** haha
Old 8/8/10, 09:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Sweet, looking forward to it, what colour did you go for?

I have to say that so far my favorite sounding clip on the net is the kooks cat-back http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJkJqd1voic

The best sounding muffler delete i've found is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTgWyk89MvQ but the guy is pretty tight-lipped about who did this "custom" work. I'll keep buggin him until he spills it!

The main thing i don't like about the deletes is all the popping on quick deceleration, but this system seems to avoid it.
Old 8/8/10, 09:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Sweet, looking forward to it, what colour did you go for?

I have to say that so far my favorite sounding clip on the net is the kooks cat-back http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJkJqd1voic

The best sounding muffler delete i've found is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTgWyk89MvQ but the guy is pretty tight-lipped about who did this "custom" work. I'll keep buggin him until he spills it!

The main thing i don't like about the deletes is all the popping on quick deceleration, but this system seems to avoid it.
Black

The Kooks sounded pretty nice but just seemed like it wasn't exactly what I was looking for
Old 8/8/10, 10:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by csledd
Black

The Kooks sounded pretty nice but just seemed like it wasn't exactly what I was looking for
I was sooo close to going with black, but have no regrets with the sterling gray. I know what you mean, no one exhaust is exactly what I want...yet. The roush axle back sounds pretty nice as well. Anyone else want to chime in with opinions, audio/video clips?
Old 8/9/10, 03:09 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
From all the 5.0 clips I have heard so far this is the only that I really like. Its a full exhuat tho..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqcnyUBBScw
Old 8/9/10, 10:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
All of these sound clips are nice and all but the car sounds to european to me. It could just be me but I still don't like the way this motor sounds.

Hopefully borla will change my mind but who knows.

Anyone else in the same boat?
Old 8/9/10, 10:22 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's there to tell? Any competent muffler shop can do the muffler delete unless you have to have mandrel bent pipes.
Old 8/10/10, 12:27 AM
GT Member

Wednesday the Magnaflow Street series catback will be delivered and installed shortly after, so I will have some sound clips to upload then. I've only seen one other guy post videos of it but they weren't very long.

I know this thread is about Steeda, but figured I'll help out by adding some more audio to the mix.
Old 8/10/10, 03:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by SynisterGT
All of these sound clips are nice and all but the car sounds to european to me. It could just be me but I still don't like the way this motor sounds.

Hopefully borla will change my mind but who knows.

Anyone else in the same boat?
Yes. Bassani has the new 5.0 tugging at my heart, but it still won't ever sound like the older 4.6/5.4 motors with a good exhaust. Since I'm no longer in the market for (anything really at this point) a V8 stang, I think years down the road I'd go for a used GT500 PP to get the 5.4...
Old 8/10/10, 04:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

Check this out guys and gals: http://mustangcliq.com/2010/08/08/20...exhaust-guide/

My vote is still for Bassani, can't wait to hear it with some high flow cats on their X-pipe, it will sound even better!
Old 8/10/10, 04:42 AM
GTR Member

I heard a stock 5.0 with GT500 mufflers, and that is my new favorite.
Old 8/10/10, 05:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Stangpilot007
Check this out guys and gals: http://mustangcliq.com/2010/08/08/20...exhaust-guide/

My vote is still for Bassani, can't wait to hear it with some high flow cats on their X-pipe, it will sound even better!
Umm I agree... right now Bassani is winning this for me. I'll still wait for Borla or Steeda but Bassani sounds **** good!

Last edited by csledd; 8/10/10 at 05:54 AM.
Old 8/10/10, 12:24 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
thanks for that link.

for me its:

Bassani
Steeda
Flowmasters

But I wanna hear the Borla/FRPP stingers before I finalize my thoughts
Old 8/10/10, 12:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Hmm I had seen all those vids except for the Pypes. I watch too much YouTube.
Old 8/10/10, 11:00 PM
Bullitt Member

I like the Bassani and Corsa and the Kooks sounds good too.I wanted the classic muscle car sound and I think I nailed it with the Magnaflow comp series catback and catted X-pipe.

heres a little in car vid clip I did tonight.The quality is pretty poor and I was holding my digital camera with my left hand so excuse the poor video.I had the drivers side window down during this vid.

Quick Reply: Steeda Axle back exhaust