Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

sport mode on A6.

Search this Thread

Old 7/25/12, 08:47 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sport mode on A6.

OK, so the manual doesn't explain much in terms of what the sport mode excatly do. In my opinion I think is just more advanced traction/stability calibration. I have a guy in our camaro club that has a 2012 GT A6. I just traded in my M6 11 camaro for 11 A6 5.0. Anyhow, he swear on his grave that the sport mode does much more than dealing with traction/stability characteristics. He say it firms up the EPAS and it also turns up the throttle response. I said you are fool of it LOL. I don't see or feel no difference in normal A6 driving vs sport mode except thar I hear my tires chirping much more. I know the sport mode in the new 2013 does a lot more such as shift points and such but I think I am right on the 11-12 sport mode. So what does it really change?
Old 7/26/12, 01:56 PM

AdvanceTrac sport mode does set EPAS to 'Sport'. I have a 2012 where you can set EPAS to Comfort, Normal or Sport. I normally have it on Comfort, and whenever I'm in the mood for some spirited driving, I simply hit the TC button twice. That way, I don't have to change EPAS through the menu.

I never noticed any change in throttle response or shifting behavior of the transmission when in AdvanceTrac sport mode though.
Old 7/26/12, 02:21 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by SwissGT
AdvanceTrac sport mode does set EPAS to 'Sport'. I have a 2012 where you can set EPAS to Comfort, Normal or Sport. I normally have it on Comfort, and whenever I'm in the mood for some spirited driving, I simply hit the TC button twice. That way, I don't have to change EPAS through the menu.

I never noticed any change in throttle response or shifting behavior of the transmission when in AdvanceTrac sport mode though.
So is this 3 level of epas mode only available on 2012-2013? Or does it automatically get set as you choose all traction/stability off and sport mode? I do remember seeing a PDF brochure for the new 2011 model and it did say there's 3 levels of epas option, but I always thought it might of have been a early mis report print since there's nothing in the manual or on the dash/info screen where you can actually see 3 different levels of epas.
Old 7/26/12, 04:48 PM

Yes, if I remember correctly the driver selectable EPAS was new for 2012.

When AdvanceTrac sport mode is selected, EPAS is locked in Sport mode and cannot be manually changed anymore. I believe this is also true for AdvanceTrac completely off. What I'm not sure is if it does it with just traction control off.