Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

SCT Tunner User adjustments

Search this Thread

Old 7/25/10, 07:50 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SCT Tunner User adjustments

Guys,

Last week I downloaded my Tune from Evolution, and am Happy with it, However, after downloading the tune, are there ANY User Adjustable features in the Tuner?? IE., can I Lower the Cooling Fans turn on point?? or anything else??

Thanks
Old 7/25/10, 12:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Turboba6
Guys,

Last week I downloaded my Tune from Evolution, and am Happy with it, However, after downloading the tune, are there ANY User Adjustable features in the Tuner?? IE., can I Lower the Cooling Fans turn on point?? or anything else??

Thanks
I was wondering the exact same thing ! Few guys around here have had their tunes done, or have done it themselves. Just a matter of them reading this post.
Old 7/25/10, 12:33 PM
Cobra R Member

With the SCT you can do user adjustments on top of the tune given to you to any lesser or higher degree in all of the following:

global spark
spark 0-2000
spark 2000-4000
spark 4000-8000
WOT Air/Fuel
Axle Ratio
Tire Revs/Mile
Speed Limit
Rev Limit Drive
Rev Limit Neu
Idle Speed Drive
Idle Speed Neu
Low Fan Speed
High Fan speed
WOT shift 1-2, 2-3, 3-4, 4-5, 5-6
Shift Press 1-2, 2-3, 3-4, 4-5, 5-6
Old 7/25/10, 12:40 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
With the SCT you can do user adjustments on top of the tune given to you to any lesser or higher degree in all of the following:

global spark
spark 0-2000
spark 2000-4000
spark 4000-8000
WOT Air/Fuel
Axle Ratio
Tire Revs/Mile
Speed Limit
Rev Limit Drive
Rev Limit Neu
Idle Speed Drive
Idle Speed Neu
Low Fan Speed
High Fan speed
WOT shift 1-2, 2-3, 3-4, 4-5, 5-6
Shift Press 1-2, 2-3, 3-4, 4-5, 5-6
Some tunes are locked and don't get all those adjustable features.
Old 7/25/10, 12:44 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
Some tunes are locked and don't get all those adjustable features.
well then I recommended breenspeed!
Cuz thats where I got mine from and all these are open for user adjustments if one feels it's needed.
Old 7/25/10, 01:15 PM
Team Mustang Source

Anybody knows if the Steeda is adjustable !
Old 7/25/10, 08:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

I've never owned a tune for a Mustang in the past (though for several other cars) so let me get this straight:

For the 2011 5.O GT the thing to do is buy the
SCT Tuner

Then choose which tune (Steeda, Evolution, Brenspeed) you want, pay them their fee and download it from their website into the SCT tuner?

After doing that, some allow custom tuning changes to be made to their tunes you can do yourself on the SCT tuner?

Is it possible to purchase 2 or 3 different tuner tunes for the SCT so you have a few to choose from?

Last edited by Driver72; 7/25/10 at 08:33 PM.
Old 7/25/10, 09:21 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by Driver72
I've never owned a tune for a Mustang in the past (though for several other cars) so let me get this straight:

For the 2011 5.O GT the thing to do is buy the
SCT Tuner

Then choose which tune (Steeda, Evolution, Brenspeed) you want, pay them their fee and download it from their website into the SCT tuner?

After doing that, some allow custom tuning changes to be made to their tunes you can do yourself on the SCT tuner?

Is it possible to purchase 2 or 3 different tuner tunes for the SCT so you have a few to choose from?

Buy the handheld device (SCT Xcal3) from your tuner of choice and it will come from them with the tune/s loaded on it ready for you to download to the cars PCM.

The Xcal3 has the capacity to hold 3 seperate tunes. The tuner shop can write you a new tune and e-mail it to you and you can then load them onto the tuner and then you can download them to the cars PCM.

Some tuners will lockout changes to the tunes they supply, some leave the options open.

Some do this because you can alter the tunes enough sometimes to cause damage to the motor because you make it to lean or add too much timing to their base tunes, it is for your protection.
Old 7/26/10, 06:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks.
Old 7/27/10, 11:53 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr

Some tuners will lockout changes to the tunes they supply, some leave the options open.

Well I just want to Lower my 1-2 shift POint, anybody know if EVO normally locks thiers?? I'm at work, otherwise I'd head out to the car and find out...
Old 7/28/10, 12:21 AM
Bullitt Member

I have the Steeda strategy tune that was preloaded and came with the Cold air intake.It had most of the user end options except low/hi fan temp and fuel.

I actually think it's a good idea for tuners to lock out some of the critical options because if you dont know what you are doing you can really screw up your engine.I went with the Steeda combo CAI/SCT and everything works perfect.I'll dyno tune down the line but for now life is sweet
Old 7/28/10, 12:37 PM
GT Member

To Update, I DO NOT have user access to change the Shift RPM or Firmness. I DO however have the access for:

global spark
Axle Ratio
Tire Revs/Mile
Speed Limit
Rev Limit Drive
Rev Limit Neu
Idle Speed Drive
Idle Speed Neu

That Apears to be it. This is by Entering the 'Tune Vehicle' entry. It's a Shame, because ALL I wanted to do was LOWER the 1-2 Shift RPM..
Old 7/28/10, 12:58 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Turboba6
It's a Shame, because ALL I wanted to do was LOWER the 1-2 Shift RPM..
but allowing you to make those change impacts their tune they delivered to you and can cause issues on your car hence why it is locked. pretty simple if you ask me.
Old 7/30/10, 07:44 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wonder why they don't allow you to disable the skip-shift in the 2011 with manual.
Old 7/31/10, 09:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by RandyW
I wonder why they don't allow you to disable the skip-shift in the 2011 with manual.
That's the question i asked Jeff aka Steedagus on another thread. Mine is still on and i'd like it dissabled. Was told so by my vendor who spoke directly to him.
Old 8/3/10, 02:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

You dont have an option to disable TCS?
Old 8/3/10, 10:12 AM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ok so if they lock the tune, is there anyway of unlocking, if u ever needed to adjust it with future mods. Surely this wouldnt be too much to ask
Old 8/3/10, 07:52 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by Praetorian730
Ok so if they lock the tune, is there anyway of unlocking, if u ever needed to adjust it with future mods. Surely this wouldnt be too much to ask
The user can't unlock the locked tune, the tuner who supplied the tune is the only one who can, he would just have to send you a new tune that wasn't set to lockout end user adjustments.

As has been said though, they are usually locked for more than just protecting the tuners proprietary tune, usually locked to keep the user from pushing the tune so far as to damage the motor.

The tuner can set it to lock adjustments on any or all of the parameters so if there is something specific you want control over, you would just have to discuss it with your tuner.
Old 8/3/10, 08:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

Mine is a Steeda custom tune that was sent by e-mail directly to my Ford dealership ( vendor), which then downloaded the tune into the SCT device. Spoke with Gus from Steeda and waiting on an update for that annoying skip shift fix. When it's available, they will provide the upload free of charge to all those that bought their tunes. Can't wait for that one.
Old 8/4/10, 03:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

So which tunes are locked and which are unlocked?

I wouldn't want to mess with much from a tune, since i'm not a tuner, but there are somethings that I may want to adjust a bit if need be with the advice and guidance of a tuner at a shop after I've added a new mod.

Quick Reply: SCT Tunner User adjustments