Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

My Honest Impression of the Livernois Motorsports Custom Tune

Search this Thread

Old 8/23/10, 06:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up My Honest Impression of the Livernois Motorsports Custom Tune

Hello everyone! This is my first post on this Forum and would just like to say hello and share my honest impressions of the Livernois Motorsports custom tune!

I have tried several custom tunes over the past couple of months since SCT made the tune available for the 2011 Ford Mustang GT 5.0.

First off, I own a 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 with six speed manual and 3.73 rear axle gear ratio. I had a custom 93 octane dyno (Mustang DynoJet Dyno) tune performed by a local Mustang performance shop (JMS Chip & Performance, LLC) which installed my additional performance modifications which consist of the MagnaFlow Street series 3” Cat-Back exhaust with Tru X-Pipe and the Steeda ProFlow CAI along with their custom 93 octane tune. The car baselined at 363 rwhp in fourth gear which is NOT ideal or optimal for accuracy since fifth gear is a 1:1 ratio for the Getrag MT-82 six speed manual transmission. Since the car only had 200 miles on the ODO at the time the car was baselined on the dyno I didn’t want the car to endure the 5th gear pull on the dyno which I have been informed would have increased the rwhp numbers. After the mods were installed total rwhp jumped to 393 rwhp in fourth gear.

Since my initial modifications were installed a couple months ago I have tried several custom tunes with my current set-up. I have tried the Jon Lund custom 93 octane tune and it had positive performance results but lacked a little bit on the top-end and wasn’t as responsive as I had hoped for.

Then after reading so many great reviews about Brent White and Brenspeed I tried their custom 93 octane tune as well. Again, a step-up from the Jon Lund custom tune and it REALLY woke the car up I must say! However it still wasn’t the true BEAST I was really looking for although at the time I believe it was the best tune and match for the Ti-VCT modular motor’s broad powerband.

And then I read about the work that Livernois Motorsports (aka Detroit Speed Shop) had done for a customer’s car (Shaun’s – aka Username - Stinger 1982 - Grabber Blue 2011 Mustang GT 5.0). Their results sounded really impressive going from a totally stock 375 rwhp baseline after 50 miles on the ODO to 390 rwhp after 2,000 hard break-in miles and NO modifications other than Shelby GT500 mufflers…and then after 5,000 plus miles on the ODO and a Livernois Motorsports custom 93 octane tune, Steeda ProFlow CAI and Shelby GT500 mufflers (no power gain with Shelby GT500 mufflers) and no additional mod’s at all the car made 430 rwhp / 410 rwtq!. Now that’s REALLY impressive!

So two weeks ago I received my Livernois Motorsports custom 93 octane tune pre-loaded onto the SCT X3 tuner and began testing the car for that seat-of-the-pants BEAST like acceleration and responsiveness that I have been endlessly searching for…well after two weeks and nearly 150 miles later I can honestly say the Livernois Motorsports custom 93 octane tune is the VERY best custom tune for the 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 currently on the market! PERIOD! There is NO COMPARISON!

Livernois Motorsports’ customer service is absolutely impeccable! Mr. Rick LeBlanc is VERY helpful, insightful, professional and VERY knowledgeable about the new ‘Stang and their product line!

I hope this helps those that may be on the fence regarding which custom tune works the best for the manual transmission 2011 Ford Mustang GT 5.0.

I am VERY proud to say my car is not truly a BEAST and after owning three stock Ford Mustang Shelby GT500’s (2009 500 hp – 2010 Shelby with 540 hp) over the past two years this car is just as quick as they were…PERIOD!

Thank you for your time and attention and I apologize for the lengthy review/background but I thought it might be helpful.

Sincerely, Jack

P.S. I am NOT affiliated with Livernois Motorsports in any way and had never heard of the company before three weeks ago when I first started researching the best custom tune for the 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 on the Internet. I also plan to have the car re-dynoed later this year after I have at least 2,000 miles on the ODO.

Last edited by badboytoy; 8/24/10 at 05:41 AM.
Old 8/23/10, 07:21 PM
Bullitt Member

spamming is against forum rules

j/k
Old 8/23/10, 08:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

Old 8/24/10, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by Dr Evil
spamming is against forum rules

j/k
Hello Dr Evil, I am no spammer...I am ONLY giving you and my fellow Mustang enthusiasts my honest impression of the Livernois Motorsports custom 93 octane tune. Their tune is ABSOLUTELY incredible! Try it you might like it! Take care and have a wonderful day and good luck to you! Jack
Old 8/24/10, 06:39 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You have to understand the skepticism of your post since it is the first post you have ever made here.

Makes it just sound like an advertisement, not a real assessment.

Plus it is apparent that it was copied and pasted here, not an original written post.
Old 8/24/10, 07:17 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Its on every Mustang forum!
Old 8/24/10, 08:21 AM
GT Member

No offense, but this thread doesn't carry any validity. I've never heard one bad comment about Livernois but these tunes were ran on different dynos in different gears.

Seat of the pants is the worst dyno ever...
Old 8/24/10, 08:38 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

The thing is most all these tuners have been doing this for many years. Do you really think that one has a secret that the others dont know about. There is only so many variables you can change when tuning the car. All seeme to be running low 12's with tune/CAI and slicks. If the tune was that radical over someone elses they should be running in the 11's with just those mods.
Old 8/24/10, 01:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Well, there are variables in each tune that may result in one feeling a LOT more wow than another. For instance, 05-10 Mustangs with a Diablo tune usually say the tune has god awful throttle response, but rips on the top, while Brenspeed tunes feel so much faster because the throttle response is so immediate.

Not saying seat-of-the-pants testing is acceptable, just, slight changes in the tune can definitely cause this knid of reaction. Not a "secret" tune, or anything.
Old 8/24/10, 02:19 PM
V6 Member

he's a spammer. Look around on all the other mustang forums and the same post is made word for word
Old 8/24/10, 04:28 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
To me this kind of post kinda hurts the product. It seems really fake. A person would not go around the web and sign up to a couple of forums to post selling points to a product. Only businesses do this.
Old 8/24/10, 04:50 PM

Smile

Originally Posted by Flagstang
To me this kind of post kinda hurts the product. It seems really fake. A person would not go around the web and sign up to a couple of forums to post selling points to a product. Only businesses do this.
I wasn't trying to hurt the product...I am only trying to get the word out about how 'AWESOME' and 'VERY SPECIAL' their tune is compared to the rest that I have personally used and experienced. I guess I am just a LITTLE EXCITED to say the least!

Once I get dyno results I will post them. I promise you this car is close to 430 rwhp as I have owned three Shelby GT500's and compared to my stock 2009 & 2010 Shelby GT500's this car is identical to the seat of the pants acceleration and responsiveness without a doubt!

Everyone has their own opinion and all that REALLY matters is if the owner of their car is satisfied...and I am COMPLETELY SATISFIED with my 2011 Mustang GT 5.0...It is a BEAST!!!! Have a great Mustang day! Jack
Old 8/24/10, 04:53 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by badboytoy
I wasn't trying to hurt the product...I am only trying to get the word out about how 'AWESOME' and 'VERY SPECIAL' their tune is compared to the rest that I have personally used and experienced. I guess I am just a LITTLE EXCITED to say the least!

Once I get dyno results I will post them. I promise you this car is close to 430 rwhp as I have owned three Shelby GT500's and compared to my stock 2009 & 2010 Shelby GT500's this car is identical to the seat of the pants acceleration and responsiveness without a doubt!

Everyone has their own opinion and all that REALLY matters is if the owner of their car is satisfied...and I am COMPLETELY SATISFIED with my 2011 Mustang GT 5.0...It is a BEAST!!!! Have a great Mustang day! Jack

You're not helping your case.
Old 8/24/10, 05:50 PM
GT Member

What is this crap!! You say how good it "feels" and don't post proven back to back dyno numbers.... I guess I'll take you at your word, number 2.
Old 8/24/10, 06:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Old 8/24/10, 07:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Fishy....
Old 8/24/10, 07:42 PM
GT Member

My friend's 2008 Honda Civic feels like a monster when i floor it from a stop. Tons of torque and the seat of the pants dyno is reading very high then I look at the speedo and see I'm going 10mph.
Old 8/24/10, 10:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Can't buy that a tune will make a 5.0 feel "identical" to a '10 GT500, or a '09 for that matter. Maybe possible to pull "like" the '09 up top, but it's not going to "feel" like one.

Maybe this tune comes along with a FRPP blower?

Not busting on Livernois though, just getting in on the flaming frenzy!
Old 8/25/10, 12:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

Funny if this guy just really wanted to share his amazing experience with a new tune.
Old 8/25/10, 06:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

What's "custom" about a mail order tune?

Quick Reply: My Honest Impression of the Livernois Motorsports Custom Tune