Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Maybe Last Quad Exaust Avialable

Search this Thread

Old 1/14/15, 10:48 AM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe Last Quad Exaust Avialable

Maybe Last Quad Exaust Avialable-image.jpgJust got my Quad Exaust yesterday and was told it's the Last one in Stock from Ford, but you can still order & it will be Backordered but, not for sure they will make it. 😃

Last edited by SMOKE46; 1/14/15 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Pic
Old 1/14/15, 02:52 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,253 Likes on 1,679 Posts
C'mon man exhaust has an 'h' in it! Jeesh!!!
Old 1/14/15, 03:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
No thanks. To restrictive.
Old 1/14/15, 07:10 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, no kidding...I was looking at this a few weeks ago, there where not many out there, but there where a handful of H pipes, as well as the side pipes that run to the rear wheel area...now there is ONE ford warehouse, showing ONE H pipe...and IIRC the LH side pipe was the same deal, RH side pipe was gone...who knows...no demand = no supply. Looking at the stock H pipe, it's nearly identical minus the places to hook the side pipes, how difficult would it be for a competent exhaust shop to modify some stock parts and create something similar?
Old 1/14/15, 08:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Earlsays
Wow, no kidding...I was looking at this a few weeks ago, there where not many out there, but there where a handful of H pipes, as well as the side pipes that run to the rear wheel area...now there is ONE ford warehouse, showing ONE H pipe...and IIRC the LH side pipe was the same deal, RH side pipe was gone...who knows...no demand = no supply. Looking at the stock H pipe, it's nearly identical minus the places to hook the side pipes, how difficult would it be for a competent exhaust shop to modify some stock parts and create something similar?
Exactly my line of thinking. I already have a 3" catback, and HF cats are going on in a couple weeks. I'm thinking of picking up the Kooks side pipes and having them fabbed up to my catback
Old 1/15/15, 08:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

I just can't help but getting a kick out of all the people desperate to find these things. Products are discontinued because there's insufficient demand to justify its spot on the production line. When I bought mine last spring, so many people wanted it but didn't want to spend the money for a mod that gives no performance...never mind how many had CAI's. Now that its gone, everybody wants them and can't get them, and I'm sure theres a significant crossover between the former group and this new group. Had they bought them then, they might still be around.

My thinking was, this car makes as much power as cars twice its price and with no other changes, can make a bunch more with just a tune. I'd venture a guess that 95% of them never see a track and are more for posing. I have autocross and organized drag racing in my car resume but I freely admit that my primary purpose is my own enjoyment, a large portion of that being posing. For that purpose, Boss quads has always been a bargain, and its a shame to see it gone.
Old 1/15/15, 08:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

PS. F#@& you winter.

Old 1/15/15, 08:08 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by lakeguy77
I just can't help but getting a kick out of all the people desperate to find these things. Products are discontinued because there's insufficient demand to justify its spot on the production line. When I bought mine last spring, so many people wanted it but didn't want to spend the money for a mod that gives no performance...never mind how many had CAI's. Now that its gone, everybody wants them and can't get them, and I'm sure theres a significant crossover between the former group and this new group. Had they bought them then, they might still be around. My thinking was, this car makes as much power as cars twice its price and with no other changes, can make a bunch more with just a tune. I'd venture a guess that 95% of them never see a track and are more for posing. I have autocross and organized drag racing in my car resume but I freely admit that my primary purpose is my own enjoyment, a large portion of that being posing. For that purpose, Boss quads has always been a bargain, and its a shame to see it gone.
I agree lol. I abandoned the thought because I didn't like that it was basically a stock H with smaller diameter pipe and even tinier side pipes - kinda gimmicky to me. If I were to do it, I wanted at least some added performance. Therefore, I may try to add the Kooks side pipes to my current 3" catback!
Old 1/15/15, 08:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
There's a big ol' thread on this that's active right now. The rumor is they were discontinued for fitment issues and the 2015s are on their way. We'll see if the prior years follow.

Oh, and I can't speak to performance improvement, but I can tell you they have a very distinctive, pleasant sound. At least with the restrictors removed; I haven't heard them with the restrictors on
Old 1/15/15, 08:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by berzerk_1980
There's a big *** thread on this that's active right now. The rumor is they were discontinued for fitment issues and the 2015s are on their way. We'll see if the prior years follow. Oh, and I can't speak to performance improvement, but I can tell you they have a very distinctive, pleasant sound. At least with the restrictors removed; I haven't heard them with the restrictors on
I see. The 2015 one clearly won't fit the S197s though. I need to stay out of this thread because I'm getting giddy thinking about adapting the Kooks sidepipes to my car LOL
Old 1/15/15, 11:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38

I see. The 2015 one clearly won't fit the S197s though. I need to stay out of this thread because I'm getting giddy thinking about adapting the Kooks sidepipes to my car LOL
Agreed. The comment that the 2015s are on their way also described an X pipe instead of an H pipe. So we'll see if they make a prior year version like they've done with the Boss exhaust and the 07-11s.

While I can't emphasize how much I love and recommend the sound of the Boss exhaust on the GT, I am also anxious to follow someone doing the same thing with a more performance oriented exhaust like the Kooks system. So hurry up already!
Old 1/16/15, 01:58 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Agreed. The comment that the 2015s are on their way also described an X pipe instead of an H pipe. So we'll see if they make a prior year version like they've done with the Boss exhaust and the 07-11s. While I can't emphasize how much I love and recommend the sound of the Boss exhaust on the GT, I am also anxious to follow someone doing the same thing with a more performance oriented exhaust like the Kooks system. So hurry up already!
HF cats and an AED dyno tune are happening Saturday. I have a few appearance things to do, and then maybe spring time I'll get around to it. It would be nice to find a used set too - $550 for the two side pipes alone is just asinine!
Old 1/16/15, 10:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

There's a big ol' thread on this that's active right now. The rumor is they were discontinued for fitment issues and the 2015s are on their way. We'll see if the prior years follow.

Oh, and I can't speak to performance improvement, but I can tell you they have a very distinctive, pleasant sound. At least with the restrictors removed; I haven't heard them with the restrictors on
I run a restrictor drilled out to 3/4". Perfect IMO. Loud enough that people absolutely turn their heads to see what's coming, but keeps the drone down on the highway.
Old 1/24/15, 09:36 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Earlsays
Yep, that's what I was told that, I got the last mid pipe & the only left muffler, so if this burns out Then I'll have a muffler shop modify my stock exhaust to Quad midpipe & still be under warranty

Last edited by SMOKE46; 1/24/15 at 09:37 PM.
Old 1/24/15, 10:52 PM
V6 Member

Agreed. The comment that the 2015s are on their way also described an X pipe instead of an H pipe. So we'll see if they make a prior year version like they've done with the Boss exhaust and the 07-11s.

While I can't emphasize how much I love and recommend the sound of the Boss exhaust on the GT, I am also anxious to follow someone doing the same thing with a more performance oriented exhaust like the Kooks system. So hurry up already!
I went with 5520 AB because the after market pipes will have issues with Warranty, Trackey& Boss Exhaust is recommended from Ford
Old 1/24/15, 10:59 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
C'mon man exhaust has an 'h' in it! Jeesh!!!
Warranty Dude, Jeesh !
Old 1/27/15, 08:52 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,253 Likes on 1,679 Posts
Originally Posted by SMOKE46
Warranty Dude, Jeesh !
AND 'available'!!! Spellcheck is your friend...well not yours! :-)
Old 6/28/20, 08:05 AM
V6 Member

They’re not discontinued they’re being reconstructed because of figment issues

Last edited by SMOKE46; 6/28/20 at 08:07 AM.
Old 11/9/20, 06:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by SMOKE46
They’re not discontinued they’re being reconstructed because of figment issues
source? Ended up buying used ones off a boss 302 but would love a new set, would have bought separate from Ford but they only have the H-Pipe in stock.
Old 11/15/20, 02:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
I have the side pipes, but they are supposed to be for the Shelby. Part numbers are different compared to the Boss, so I have no idea of they are the same or not. I certainly can't see any difference.

Quick Reply: Maybe Last Quad Exaust Avialable