Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Just put in the Barton Shift Bracket

Search this Thread

Old 6/20/11, 01:47 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just put in the Barton Shift Bracket

And I do gotta say,
the OEM shift piece is one ugly ***** trucker. LOL
the install didnt take more than 30-45 mins.

More time was spent looking to find where this was at on the car

Just wanted to show you guys pics of what they looked like side by side.

here is a shot to show the clearance difference between the two. not sure if the slop comes from that larger gap on the OEM piece.

After installing this, it actually does feels ALOT better shifting.
the best way to describe it is its more confident or sturdy and less binding and sloppy which is how the OEM piece felt.

I will test it more out tomorrow on some spirited runs and see how it holds up.
and hopefully post some results and maybe a vid
Old 6/20/11, 07:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

I want one of these but everytime I look at the site it's out of stock? Must be very popular I want to go with bracket and shifter, did you just do the bracket? How is it? Big diff? Not really?
Old 6/20/11, 09:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That stock bracket is straight crap! Zip ties!?!?!? Are you serious? Wow, who at Ford though that was a good idea! Hats off to Barton for picking up the ball that Ford dropped big time!
Old 6/20/11, 10:02 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by hahnsolo78
I want one of these but everytime I look at the site it's out of stock? Must be very popular I want to go with bracket and shifter, did you just do the bracket? How is it? Big diff? Not really?
Hey Nate,
yeah I went on American Muscle and when i saw they were out of stock, used their option of Notifying me when they did have it. I got a email last week and jumped on it

Honestly its a pretty soild piece, its just the bracket but I did see vids of the short shifter and it does look temping but the shift bracket itself is designed to take up all movement or slop in shifter. I would describe the shifts now as "Crisp" and soild.

Originally Posted by RobDis
That stock bracket is straight crap! Zip ties!?!?!? Are you serious? Wow, who at Ford though that was a good idea! Hats off to Barton for picking up the ball that Ford dropped big time!
LOL hey Rob,
Yeah i hear ya! when i first saw that i was like For real??
its a shame the piece has to be under the car, it looks soo nice and performs awesome!
Old 6/20/11, 10:25 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RobDis
Guess its an upgrade from duct tape! lol
Old 6/20/11, 10:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco
Guess its an upgrade from duct tape! lol
Zip ties are the new duct tape from what I hear!
Old 6/20/11, 11:10 AM
Banned

We should have them back in stock this week. Everthing should be ready to ship Thursday at the latest. The shifter and the bracket has been selling like crazy. We have sold close to about 1000 units and that doesnt include the orders for the brackets by themselves. We had to put "out of stock" for awhile so I could catch up and make a large enough run that we dont run out of stock again.
I will update the site the minute I have them boxed and ready to go.
Thanks,
Dave Moses
Barton Industries
Old 6/20/11, 06:55 PM
GT Member

The Barton bushing was worth every penny.
Old 6/21/11, 01:26 AM
Bullitt Member

I just found this post and its another member and his explanation of what it does. way better explanation than mine

good stuff!

https://themustangsource.com/f800/ba...hifter-495430/
Old 6/21/11, 08:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by barton

We should have them back in stock this week. Everthing should be ready to ship Thursday at the latest. The shifter and the bracket has been selling like crazy. We have sold close to about 1000 units and that doesnt include the orders for the brackets by themselves. We had to put "out of stock" for awhile so I could catch up and make a large enough run that we dont run out of stock again.
I will update the site the minute I have them boxed and ready to go.
Thanks,
Dave Moses
Barton Industries
Thank you for the info, I will be placing my order soon
Old 6/21/11, 07:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

I have seen the Barton on the regular shifter **** and it looks stock, my question is does the billet shifter **** go with the Barton shifter while still maintaining that stock look?
Old 6/22/11, 10:52 AM
Bullitt Member

I have seen the Barton on the regular shifter **** and it looks stock, my question is does the billet shifter **** go with the Barton shifter while still maintaining that stock look?
Hey Nate,
i read a article in MMFF's Magazine and they did a install of the Barton shifter.
They said that the Barton **** and adapter only work on cars equipped with factory leather-wrapped shift *****, if you have the Aluminum Ball style **** which i think comes with the 401A package, those cannot use the provided **** and Adapter.

Dave is this still correct?
Old 6/22/11, 05:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'd to know that answer as well. I have the 401a package.
Old 6/22/11, 11:36 PM
Bullitt Member

I have the 401a interior and the Barton Shift as well as bracket and Yes the Stock 401a aluminum shifter **** fits like a dream on the Barton shifter so you won't need to order the adapter or ball if you are keeping the Aluminum Ball
Old 6/23/11, 09:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by rodmoe
I have the 401a interior and the Barton Shift as well as bracket and Yes the Stock 401a aluminum shifter **** fits like a dream on the Barton shifter so you won't need to order the adapter or ball if you are keeping the Aluminum Ball
Hey Rod, how do you like the shifter?
Old 6/23/11, 08:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Well all i can say about the shifter is it is a work of art from a mfg standpoint fit and finish is TOP shelf ! operation is smooth and mechanical someone likened it to a rifle bolt type action and that does fit it well. Now if i could just relax enogh and let the stiffer centering spring do its work i would never miss a shift going into third i sometimes try to overshift it and i get blocked by the gate when i dont allow the shifter to center itself. If i just palm it and left it move to center it slides into 3rd perfect. I do not have any feel for other shifters as this is my first mustang but I cant wait for Barton to get the pistol grip shift ***** done as i am sure they will be a work of art also
hope this helps
Also Dave is a Great guy to deal with if you have any questions before and after the purchase !!

PS the reverse lock out works sweet too

Last edited by rodmoe; 6/23/11 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Forgot this.
Old 6/23/11, 10:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by rodmoe
Well all i can say about the shifter is it is a work of art from a mfg standpoint fit and finish is TOP shelf ! operation is smooth and mechanical someone likened it to a rifle bolt type action and that does fit it well. Now if i could just relax enogh and let the stiffer centering spring do its work i would never miss a shift going into third i sometimes try to overshift it and i get blocked by the gate when i dont allow the shifter to center itself. If i just palm it and left it move to center it slides into 3rd perfect. I do not have any feel for other shifters as this is my first mustang but I cant wait for Barton to get the pistol grip shift ***** done as i am sure they will be a work of art also
hope this helps
Also Dave is a Great guy to deal with if you have any questions before and after the purchase !!

PS the reverse lock out works sweet too
Excellent! I am looking at one on Craigslist with the shifter and bracket for $250. I know i want the bracket for sure. Thanks for the review and reccomendation!
Old 6/24/11, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by way2qk4u2c
I'd to know that answer as well. I have the 401a package.
Go to the Grabber Pony website. They sell the 401A adapter and some very nice custom *****.
Old 6/26/11, 08:11 AM
Team Mustang Source

The Barton Brace is more than a mod, it's a requirement.
Old 6/26/11, 03:51 PM

Has anyone that installed the bracket have the boot dislodge from the shifter and or tunnel during installation?
The reason I ask is that I am getting a lot of NVH after installing mine.

Edit: I just finished verifying the installation. The boot is in place. I guess I'm more sensitve to the increased noise and vibration than some.
The bracket has made a marked improvement in shifting.

Last edited by Guest110677; 6/26/11 at 06:24 PM.

Quick Reply: Just put in the Barton Shift Bracket