Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Just ordered my Bama "ghost cam" tune!

Search this Thread

Old 8/6/12, 09:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just ordered my Bama "ghost cam" tune!

Used the "free tune" feature and got my "ghost cam" file ordered, I hope it gets here today. If its like all of the other Bama/AM stuff I am sure I will be thrilled!

I ordered it on my "race tune" and still have my performance tune so I can go between the 2 of them, don't need to go in Ford for a small fix and have it SCREAM that it has a tune lol
Old 8/6/12, 10:50 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bama does Ghost Cam? I have tunes for life so I can just ask for it?
Old 8/6/12, 10:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Yup, people with Bama ghost tunes had videos popping up on YouTube this week so I called this morning and he said he would have it sent right out.
Old 8/6/12, 11:05 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by slostang
Used the "free tune" feature and got my "ghost cam" file ordered, I hope it gets here today. If its like all of the other Bama/AM stuff I am sure I will be thrilled!

I ordered it on my "race tune" and still have my performance tune so I can go between the 2 of them, don't need to go in Ford for a small fix and have it SCREAM that it has a tune lol
slostang,

Awesome! Our turn around time on tunes is 24hrs, however I'm confident you'll be enjoying your file in a few hours! We're very happy with the results from the BamaCam tune. Let me know how you like the file, we appreciate your feedback!

Thanks for being a great & loyal customer.

- Dan

Last edited by AMDanBailer; 8/6/12 at 11:07 AM.
Old 8/6/12, 11:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by AMDanBailer
slostang,

Awesome! Our turn around time on tunes is 24hrs, however I'm confident you'll be enjoying your file in a few hours! We're very happy with the results from the BamaCam tune. Let me know how you like the file, we appreciate your feedback!

Thanks for being a great & loyal customer.

- Dan
I HOPE it makes it here today, I have free time tonight otherwise it'll have to sit till Thursday

But either way I will let you know how much I love it.
Old 8/6/12, 12:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Do these ghost cam tunes cause any sort of short or long term damage?
Old 8/6/12, 01:15 PM

They can damage the stock cats well atleast the aed tune does but that might be more aggressive than bama
Old 8/6/12, 01:53 PM
GT Member

Good luck with your Bama ghost tune. I had it sent to me 3 different times and it works but I have problems with it stalling and running consistent. I also ran a race with another car and got beat by few cars then switched back to my original race tune and beat him by a few cars. So hopefully your cars will take to it better. Keep us updated. Maybe I just didn't Do something right with mine.
Old 8/6/12, 02:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'm sitting on the side of the road reloading my normal tune, in a development it just felt like a cam car, but I have almost ZERO drivability with this tune, throttle at WOT just to get it off the road and that was only 3-4mph and like I was riding a horse, but I'm going to get my stock time in, get bac home and call Bama.
Old 8/6/12, 02:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well I just got home, I had to have a friend pick me up because the second tune was the same....and thats when it clicked. I only have the "race" tune get the cam file so for both of them to act up had to be something else, I figured MAF, called Bama and sure enough it wasn't on the file, my fault, Bama's I don't know or care, I had a 1:18 second phone call, he adjusted for my JLT and I am just waiting for the email and I will try this again. Another great tale of customer service.
Old 8/6/12, 02:46 PM
Former Vendor

I'm sitting on the side of the road reloading my normal tune, in a development it just felt like a cam car, but I have almost ZERO drivability with this tune, throttle at WOT just to get it off the road and that was only 3-4mph and like I was riding a horse, but I'm going to get my stock time in, get bac home and call Bama.
Well I just got home, I had to have a friend pick me up because the second tune was the same....and thats when it clicked. I only have the "race" tune get the cam file so for both of them to act up had to be something else, I figured MAF, called Bama and sure enough it wasn't on the file, my fault, Bama's I don't know or care, I had a 1:18 second phone call, he adjusted for my JLT and I am just waiting for the email and I will try this again. Another great tale of customer service.

Sorry about that! All of the information done to the car is crucial to the tune, I'm sure this new file will be much better. We're constantly developing out custom tunes with the latest and greatest! Between our 14 different AM Mustangs and tons of street/track testing, and constant testing on our DynoJet 224xlc, we're looking for any minor tweaks to be made that can benefit you guys. Our lead tuner Mike Wilson works hard to give you guys one of the best custom tunes on the market!

Let me know if you need any assistance.

- Dan

Last edited by AMDanBailer; 8/7/12 at 11:21 AM.
Old 8/6/12, 02:56 PM
Bullitt Member

how long does it take to install?
Old 8/6/12, 03:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Sorry about that! All of the information done to the car is crucial to the tune, I'm sure this new file will be much better.

We're constantly developing out custom tunes with the latest and greatest! Between our 14 different AM Mustangs and tons of street/track testing, and constant testing on our DynoJet 224xlc, we're looking for any minor tweaks to be made that can benefit you guys. Our lead tuner Mike Wilson works hard to give you guys one of the best custom tunes on the market!

Let me know if you need any assistance.

- Dan
You guys got me a tume out fast, my car is home but now while I'm at it I am downloading the new firmware, to avoid any issues!

Originally Posted by The_Munk
how long does it take to install?
About 10 minutes.
Old 8/7/12, 07:33 AM
GT Member

This tune isn't available for the 2013 yet
Old 8/7/12, 07:59 AM
GT Member

I thought bama stopped the ghost cam because of possible licensing issue with ford. This is what I heard the first time they stopped doing this a long time ago when I had my camaro.

I guess is back lol! Not my thing tho. Too much vibration and shakes it make me paranoid. Sometimes it would cause cel for misfire. At least that's how it was on the camaro.
Old 8/7/12, 10:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

I have the tune in now, I only have 5-6 miles on it and the drive seems fine, other then the raw fuel it spits out I dont see any issue. I dont plan on running this tune EVERY day, just something diffrent and also if Ford somehow forces tuners to stop producing it I will have the tune saved. Honestly I will revert back to my performace tune tonight most likley, I am going to a friends shop so I might see if the "cam" tune makes the same as my performace tune does on the dyno for fun. I bet they are almost twin's when it comes to the tune, it kicks into "normal" at ANY decomprssing on the throttle and only comes in on idle so I dont think any power lose should be had.
Old 8/7/12, 11:23 AM
Former Vendor

I have the tune in now, I only have 5-6 miles on it and the drive seems fine, other then the raw fuel it spits out I dont see any issue. I dont plan on running this tune EVERY day, just something diffrent and also if Ford somehow forces tuners to stop producing it I will have the tune saved. Honestly I will revert back to my performace tune tonight most likley, I am going to a friends shop so I might see if the "cam" tune makes the same as my performace tune does on the dyno for fun. I bet they are almost twin's when it comes to the tune, it kicks into "normal" at ANY decomprssing on the throttle and only comes in on idle so I dont think any power lose should be had.
slostang,

Great, I'm glad to hear this tune is much better. The Race tune & The Race Tune W/BamaCam will produce the same numbers. The loopey idle comes from adjustments in the Variable Valve Timing Tables & does not effect your performance!

Post up results, we'd love to check them out! Hit me up if you need any further assistance.

- Dan
Old 8/7/12, 11:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

slostang,

Great, I'm glad to hear this tune is much better. The Race tune & The Race Tune W/BamaCam will produce the same numbers. The loopey idle comes from adjustments in the Variable Valve Timing Tables & does not effect your performance!

Post up results, we'd love to check them out! Hit me up if you need any further assistance.

- Dan
Will do, I figured the cam tune was ALL just idle, and its a free dyno so we have a habit of just throwing things on there and see what they do.

Thanks again for all the help, your guys helped me trouble shoot my issue with getting the tune and they revised it this morning and now all is well.
Old 8/7/12, 07:58 PM
Bullitt Member

I hope you take your cats out soon or have them out? these tunes will shorten the life of them over time because of the extra overlap that is added at idle the fuel is just pouring on them!
Old 8/7/12, 08:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

To bad the don't work with the 05-09. My brother has the John Lund tune know for about 5 months and he has a o/r x and muffler delete and no problems, I'm sure the bama tune is just as good.

Quick Reply: Just ordered my Bama "ghost cam" tune!