Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Installed my Steeda CAI & added color

Search this Thread

Old 9/26/12, 01:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by BackinBlack13
Looks good, except for the red cord.
Yeah throw some black wire loom over that and you're perfect!
Old 9/26/12, 09:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mfc133
Thanks for the tip Mike...The red cord will not be an issue come Saturday afternoon
Old 9/26/12, 09:59 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mfc133

I agree, yuck...
Old 9/27/12, 11:35 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is that there new bigger sized intake?
Old 9/27/12, 12:02 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by stang8psi
Is that there new bigger sized intake?
Yes, it is.
Old 9/28/12, 08:48 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by SteedaBrandon
Yes, it is.
Not to thread hack here but Brandon, can you enlighten me? What's bigger? By how much? Better flow rate I assume?
Old 9/28/12, 10:45 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by grabberblue 5.0
Not to thread hack here but Brandon, can you enlighten me? What's bigger? By how much? Better flow rate I assume?
The MAF housing is larger. It was more of an inventory change as performance isn't really affected.
Old 9/28/12, 04:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by SteedaBrandon
The MAF housing is larger. It was more of an inventory change as performance isn't really affected.
O... Ok
Old 9/30/12, 08:31 PM
V6 Member

Nice job on the paint. Will it hold up to the heat in there? I would love to paint mine to match. What was your process and technique?
Old 10/2/12, 09:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Bushguts
Nice job on the paint. Will it hold up to the heat in there? I would love to paint mine to match. What was your process and technique?
Hey Bud...very simple process:

After removal from the engine, I washed in warm soapy water and allowed to air dry. After drying, and wearing nitril gloves, I took rubbing alcohol to all surfaces that would see paint.

Next I taped off what I didn't want painted and proceeded to coat a thin layer of adhesion promoter. After drying, I sprayed my first of 4 thin coats of Kona Blue. After drying, sprayed 2 layers of clearcoat.

Based on what I experienced, I would wait 24 hours in between last coat of primary color and clearcoat.

Hope this helps...Lou
Old 10/19/12, 06:00 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Lou_n_Ada
Hey Bud...very simple process:

After removal from the engine, I washed in warm soapy water and allowed to air dry. After drying, and wearing nitril gloves, I took rubbing alcohol to all surfaces that would see paint.

Next I taped off what I didn't want painted and proceeded to coat a thin layer of adhesion promoter. After drying, I sprayed my first of 4 thin coats of Kona Blue. After drying, sprayed 2 layers of clearcoat.

Based on what I experienced, I would wait 24 hours in between last coat of primary color and clearcoat.

Hope this helps...Lou
Hi Lou... Engine bay looks FANTASTIC! I am envious I have a few questions tho, if you don't mind.

1) your Emblempros (5.0 GT cover, stainless steel, etc)... forgive me for being a dunce, but where is it in your pictures? I see you painted your cover, and taped off the 5.0 so it doesn't get painted...but where is it?

2) Where'd you get your Kona Blue spray paint? And you didn't have to SAND any of the surface down? Just adhesion promoter? Wow...

3) I love the radiator and oil cover in chrome. Where'd you get those and how much?

4) Would you recommend the Steeda CAI AND tune? I am worried about warranty void.... that's my only concern. So far, every performance mod on my car is Ford

thanks Lou.
Old 10/19/12, 07:34 AM
Bullitt Member

I have Steeda tune and CAI, CAI is top notch, fit and finish are amazing, the tune while not the most powerful, is very safe and on a scale from 1to10 on power I'd still give it an 8
Old 10/19/12, 02:11 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by FromZto5
4) Would you recommend the Steeda CAI AND tune? I am worried about warranty void.... that's my only concern. So far, every performance mod on my car is Ford
Warranty voidance is such a controversial issue, and Ford leaves the voiding up to the dealerships. I always recommend speaking to your service manager before doing any modifications and be sure to mention that they are Steeda parts/tune. We have a close relationship with Ford so you will typically hear that it's a non-issue.

Let me know if I can help you with anything.

Originally Posted by grabberblue 5.0
I have Steeda tune and CAI, CAI is top notch, fit and finish are amazing, the tune while not the most powerful, is very safe and on a scale from 1to10 on power I'd still give it an 8
Thanks for the Steeda props, we appreciate your business. Glad to hear you're satisfied with your Steeda products.
Old 10/20/12, 10:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Hi Lou... Engine bay looks FANTASTIC! I am envious I have a few questions tho, if you don't mind.

1) your Emblempros (5.0 GT cover, stainless steel, etc)... forgive me for being a dunce, but where is it in your pictures? I see you painted your cover, and taped off the 5.0 so it doesn't get painted...but where is it?

2) Where'd you get your Kona Blue spray paint? And you didn't have to SAND any of the surface down? Just adhesion promoter? Wow...

3) I love the radiator and oil cover in chrome. Where'd you get those and how much?

thanks Lou.
1. Here's what I bought from Emblempros.com:
http://emblempros.com/inc/sdetail/25122/23107
http://emblempros.com/inc/sdetail/25122/14486

2. Here's where I bought the paint:
http://www.paintscratch.com/touch_up...arcoat-L6.html

3. Steeda at
http://www.steeda.com/store/ford-mus...-dress-up.html

4. Highly recommended...I did call my local Ford Dealer and the service manager did tell me that if they detect a tune, that it would void my warranty...BUT, after a little research, I decided to go ahead and get the Steeda CIA and tune. No regrets!! I did keep my old CIA and can always reflash the ECM back to stock if I had too.

Hope this helps...Lou
Old 10/21/12, 08:10 AM
GT Member

Edit remove.

Last edited by Kris Warwick; 10/21/12 at 01:42 PM.
Old 10/21/12, 01:32 PM
GT Member

Edit remove.

Last edited by Kris Warwick; 10/21/12 at 01:42 PM.
Old 10/23/12, 02:23 PM
GT Member

looks really nice. you will have to let us know how that paint holds up. I played with painting the stock 06 valve covers and after a few months the painted bubbled and peeled off.

I too have the emblem pros coil covers letters but mine are in white. they are a nice touch to these cars for sure.

I have the Boss 302 CAI its in satin. When did they start coming polished? I would have much rather had a polished version.

Question does your CAI whistle at certain throttle positions? Mine does. Wondering if I re clock the Maf housing to factory postion instead of pointing down like the directions say if that would solve the problem.
Old 10/24/12, 08:23 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Boss2511
looks really nice. you will have to let us know how that paint holds up. I played with painting the stock 06 valve covers and after a few months the painted bubbled and peeled off.

I too have the emblem pros coil covers letters but mine are in white. they are a nice touch to these cars for sure.

I have the Boss 302 CAI its in satin. When did they start coming polished? I would have much rather had a polished version.

Question does your CAI whistle at certain throttle positions? Mine does. Wondering if I re clock the Maf housing to factory postion instead of pointing down like the directions say if that would solve the problem.
Have you tried adjusting the filter to see if that resolves the whistling? If not, you might want to just try rotating it and adjusting how close it sits on the velocity stack, etc. and see if that helps any.
Old 11/4/12, 05:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by BackinBlack13
Looks good, except for the red cord.
The "red cord" is no more
Attached Thumbnails Installed my Steeda CAI & added color-img_8260resized.jpg  
Old 11/4/12, 06:15 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Lou_n_Ada
The "red cord" is no more

Much better. I have a Steeda CAI just have to get a tune so I can install it!

Quick Reply: Installed my Steeda CAI & added color