Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

I just bought a Roush Supercharger for my 2012 5.0. How much boost should I go with?

Search this Thread

Old 1/2/12, 01:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hytek
Good deal! If you feel like sharing the details pm me, unless it was a one of a kind deal. Installing yourself?

No, I'm not installing it myself. I'm taking my car in to Blue Collar Performance in Westland MI. They're the ones who did my block swap and they also installed a new girdle, 3.73 gear and Tru Trac differential on my car. Awesome shop!
Old 1/2/12, 02:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco
subscribing.

Go Sam!!

LOL Thanks

Old 1/2/12, 03:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by unas2k5
Yeah, I saw it. They have a built motor. I can probably make around 800WHP with my 12 Boss forged block. That's good enough for me LOL. It's a street car.
Ya, L&M Motor . 800rwhp is plenty for most LOL. I'd stick with the Roush if that's the limit on your block. You'll be happy either way.
Old 1/2/12, 03:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

I can probably do more then that but it's a street car. Lol
I heard you can get even an 18PSI pulley I know with a 13PSI 700WHP is possible.
Old 1/3/12, 11:19 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Does the TVS have whine? I've read no and yes...is that the difference between pullies? I recall a video I saw that clearly had whining to it...but don't remember if it was a 10 or an 11.
Old 1/3/12, 11:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Does the TVS have whine? I've read no and yes...is that the difference between pullies? I recall a video I saw that clearly had whining to it...but don't remember if it was a 10 or an 11.
There is no whine on a TVS for the 11's and 12's . it's quiet.
Old 1/3/12, 11:35 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

There is no whine on a TVS for the 11's and 12's . it's quiet.
Gotcha. Maybe it was the 427r I saw then.
Old 1/3/12, 11:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Gotcha. Maybe it was the 427r I saw then.
Could be the trans whining. I watched a video where there's a whine. Im pretty sure it was the trans whining.

How much PSI would you run? Did you want a whine or not?
Old 1/4/12, 12:01 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Could be the trans whining. I watched a video where there's a whine. Im pretty sure it was the trans whining.

How much PSI would you run? Did you want a whine or not?
Could be.

I'd keep it @ 7 to start off with. That would be plenty for a little while at least..

I love hearing the whine, but I also love the sleeper sound. But then again I love the whistle of the centrifugals.
Old 1/4/12, 01:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

Me too. I love the whine but I think the sleeper look is best for me. I have replica stock rims with 305 DRs. My car looks completely stock.

I'm going to be running 13PSI.

That's about 720WHP. Can't wait!
Attached Images    
Old 1/4/12, 01:36 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Is that 720hp on a stock 5.0 bottom end?
Just wondering if it will hold up to that much hp.
Old 1/4/12, 01:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

I know a guy that has 700WHP on a coyote stock. I have a road runner block.
Old 1/4/12, 01:44 AM

I know a guy that has 700WHP on a coyote stock. I have a road runner block.
Thought the road runner was just a rumor or something ford is testing. Or is your bottom end just built to the specs?
Old 1/4/12, 01:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by AlsCobra

Thought the road runner was just a rumor or something ford is testing. Or is your bottom end just built to the specs?
LOL I have a 12 Boss 302 forged block.
Old 1/4/12, 01:55 AM

Cool. Sounds like a very sweet project.
Old 1/4/12, 09:11 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Me too. I love the whine but I think the sleeper look is best for me. I have replica stock rims with 305 DRs. My car looks completely stock.

I'm going to be running 13PSI.

That's about 720WHP. Can't wait!
Nice! That's going to be one heck of a ride! I've been thinking about 2 of those replicas for the rear with DRs. I need to redeem myself at the track lol. Were you able to fit the stock center caps?
Old 1/4/12, 10:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

Nice! That's going to be one heck of a ride! I've been thinking about 2 of those replicas for the rear with DRs. I need to redeem myself at the track lol. Were you able to fit the stock center caps?
Lol the stick center caps don't fit :-(

Doesn't look bad at all though.
Old 1/4/12, 10:14 PM

Yes, I did... a couple grand off LOL

I think the Roush is more responsive and doesn't heat soak as bad as a PC. Plus I can make over 700WHP with a Roush. Unsure what I can make with a PC.

My experience with roots/twinscrew superchargers is that they heat soak way bad if you keep the load up for too long, that's why i went with PC this time. Because they sit on top of the block, the heat from the engine soaks into the radiator and the supercharger, also once your coolant temps in the radiator get hot they take a lot longer to cool down then hot air does. Get your engine real hot and power drops way off. I've had the the stage II PC kit for 3 weeks now, I can make multiple WOT pulls, stop the car, pop the hood and be able to hold my hand on the supercharger, its hot but doesnt burn me. Try that with a twin screw. However, intake temps get way hot on the PC if you are sitting at idle, i'm guessing mainly due to where they place their air filter.

I'm happy so far, but its not hot out yet. Regardless, the Roush is still a sick system and is going to make killer hp. You'll love it.
Old 1/4/12, 11:54 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by 8WOOD

My experience with roots/twinscrew superchargers is that they heat soak way bad if you keep the load up for too long, that's why i went with PC this time. Because they sit on top of the block, the heat from the engine soaks into the radiator and the supercharger, also once your coolant temps in the radiator get hot they take a lot longer to cool down then hot air does. Get your engine real hot and power drops way off. I've had the the stage II PC kit for 3 weeks now, I can make multiple WOT pulls, stop the car, pop the hood and be able to hold my hand on the supercharger, its hot but doesnt burn me. Try that with a twin screw. However, intake temps get way hot on the PC if you are sitting at idle, i'm guessing mainly due to where they place their air filter.

I'm happy so far, but its not hot out yet. Regardless, the Roush is still a sick system and is going to make killer hp. You'll love it.
I'm following both of your installs and reviews to hopefully make my decision.

Question to both of you: will your car be a DD come better weather?
Old 1/6/12, 01:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 8WOOD

I asked the shop doing the install about heat soaking when I was debating whether to get a Vortech or Roush when someone told me Roush TVS heat soak badly:

Sounds like something Whipple or Kenne Belle would say. TVS blowers dont heat soak, they are the coolest running of all rotor type. I check temperatures when we do dyno pulls, after 8 hards WOT pulls I could still touch Joe's Roush, 114°F.

Whipple....170° AFTER 2. And KB had to liquid the front bearing support LOL. He said it was called "Delta T"

Roush has the largest charge cooler core for the 5.0 too. You have to rotate the knocks sensors and reroute the wires to not pinch them because the tub is so big."

Last edited by unas2k5; 1/6/12 at 01:50 PM.

Quick Reply: I just bought a Roush Supercharger for my 2012 5.0. How much boost should I go with?