Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

HRT Exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 11/12/10, 08:26 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HRT Exhaust?

Has anybody installed the new HRT Exhaust (Heartthrob)?

I watched a vid of an install the other day, that only had a snippet of the sound. Found another clip which says is just the axle back, but could be the full catback.

Was wondering if anybody had this setup installed, and what their thoughts on the kit was. Do you have the h-pipe or x-pipe setup?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MGRvx5RRDw

http://www.heartthrobexhaustinc.com/1029035.WMA (I had to save this link to my desktop as my browser wouldn't play the wma)

Old 11/12/10, 10:08 AM
Team Mustang Source

This is the first time I've heard of it. It looks nice, would love to hear it.
Old 11/12/10, 06:27 PM
V6 Member

I like the h-pipe assembly but dont understand why there are mufflers #1029049 passed the h-pipe. (they are in the same spot as the resonators are in the stock system)and why they have them instead of straight pipe.

Also on there axleback kit, those tips are 3.5 inch which seem smaller than other systems that have 4 inch or higher.
Old 11/12/10, 06:34 PM

The resonators in front of the axle help get rid of rasp and give the car a deeper tone. Did the same thing on my 06 GT. Rather have mufflers there than axle backs.
Old 11/12/10, 07:00 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by RhinoGT
The resonators in front of the axle help get rid of rasp and give the car a deeper tone. Did the same thing on my 06 GT. Rather have mufflers there than axle backs.
in the picture it looks like they have the mufflers there and the axlebacks on?
in the video same thing h-pipe set up with the axle back set up. sounds good though but would rather put in a diff axleback.
Old 11/12/10, 07:03 PM
V6 Member

I think i would pass on the axle back portion, and swap in something else. I'm really liking the Borla Touring setup. Keeps the sound mellow, but noticeable. Plus when I add long tubes, the volume will still be tolerable.

I've gone through the loud exhaust, see how many heads I can turn phase. Want something more subtle and clean sounding (no rasp).
Old 11/12/10, 07:04 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by QuadCammer5.0
in the picture it looks like they have the mufflers there and the axlebacks on?
in the video same thing h-pipe set up with the axle back set up. sounds good though but would rather put in a diff axleback.
That's right, there are 4 "flowpack" mufflers in their full catback (including their axle back kit).

i would do the same. Like someone mentioned previously the 3.5" tips are a bit small. With the GT/CS rear fascia being larger to accommodate larger tips, I think a 4" tip is a must.