Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Ford Racing 2011 supercharger is here - 624 horsepower!!!

Search this Thread

Old 8/26/10, 12:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Off Topic:
Im happy with a stock 364 rwhp average on the same dyno C&L averaged 351 rwhp on. Im making 2 rwhp more stock than they are with a "No Tune" CAI. However Im fairly certain that has more to do with mileage than anything else.

On Topic:
The first street price Ive seen on the warranteed 525 bhp kit is $6199.
Old 8/26/10, 01:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Driver72
Once again Adam, you are on tee.

I've dynoed many cars and on many different dynos and facilities, I'm more than familiar with inaccurate dynos.
But if Todd wants to believe a stock SAE certified 416 hp 5.0 liter engine that's rated by Ford at 412 hp is putting out 445 crank hp to give Shawn 390 rwhp, so be it. But Todd is either very inexperienced in dynos or he's gullible, it's funny he wants to believe an independent tuner dyno shop over the SAE and the makers of the engines themselves.
Todd may even believe another guy's dyno that stated he made 402 rwhp stock. That would be good for over 455+ crank hp, but he would get laughed at to suggest the dyno reads properly but his car is just an exceptionally strong one that's got an additional 40 hp over what the SAE engineers certified the engines as having.

Todd hasn't quite figured out some tuner shops LOVE to calibrate their dynos to read high. Doing so, brings in the dyno glory guys who WANT to brag about how much power their cars make. It's marketing and good for business.
If that dyno came back and SAID his car had 340 rwhp, do you think Shawn would post that up on forums? Do you think the dyno shop would market that on forums? And do you think a bunch of people would want to go their and then dyno their cars?
NO, NO, and NO.

Some shops WANT to calibrate their dynos to intentionally read high. It's good for THEIR business. But it doesn't make them accurate in the slightest.

There are several factors to look at, though. For one, the engine used for SAE certification was a test mule - one that went through thousands upon thousands of miles of abuse. This has been stated numerous times during interviews with the development team for the Coyote. It's not hard to believe that the particular engine may have been a little bit run down!

Shaun, as well as many others on this very forum, saw a drastic increase in power after break-in. Stock, with less than 500 miles, most people are looking at 365-370rwhp. Shaun's baselined at 375rwhp. With just over 2,000 miles, he put down 391rwhp.

With 1150 miles on the car, pony racer dyno'd at 379rwhp. Or, 4 more rwhp than Shaun, with no break-in miles done.

If you think that two different shops dyno's, in different parts of the country, are both willing to lie about a baseline number, then kudos to you, man. If anything, shops that are modifying a car will fake a lower number, so they can end up with some massive gain after changing parts.

Note: Both of these guys posted dyno sheets, not just numbers. Livernois personally posted Shaun's graph, which is just another step to validity.
Old 8/26/10, 02:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by KonaBlue5.0
There are several factors to look at, though. For one, the engine used for SAE certification was a test mule - one that went through thousands upon thousands of miles of abuse. This has been stated numerous times during interviews with the development team for the Coyote. It's not hard to believe that the particular engine may have been a little bit run down!

Shaun, as well as many others on this very forum, saw a drastic increase in power after break-in. Stock, with less than 500 miles, most people are looking at 365-370rwhp. Shaun's baselined at 375rwhp. With just over 2,000 miles, he put down 391rwhp.

With 1150 miles on the car, pony racer dyno'd at 379rwhp. Or, 4 more rwhp than Shaun, with no break-in miles done.

If you think that two different shops dyno's, in different parts of the country, are both willing to lie about a baseline number, then kudos to you, man. If anything, shops that are modifying a car will fake a lower number, so they can end up with some massive gain after changing parts.

Note: Both of these guys posted dyno sheets, not just numbers. Livernois personally posted Shaun's graph, which is just another step to validity.
Got you!

C&L fibbed about their car making 362 rwhp with a CAI because they didnt want to embarrass the competiton with their 400+ rwhp.

Same for Jay Tucker at JLT. His development car really made 410 rwhp instead of 370 rwhp with an intake.

My '07 with 285 rwhp ran 107.7 mph. American Speeds with essentially the same ran 108.1 mph.

Ill buy 415 rwhp SAE with CAI/Tune when I see the 120+ mph traps in good air.

Last edited by Gene K; 8/26/10 at 02:47 PM.
Old 8/26/10, 07:05 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
will these superchargers be offered with the auto?

?????
Old 8/26/10, 08:41 PM
Cobra Member

Once again Adam, you are on tee.

I've dynoed many cars and on many different dynos and facilities, I'm more than familiar with inaccurate dynos.
But if Todd wants to believe a stock SAE certified 416 hp 5.0 liter engine that's rated by Ford at 412 hp is putting out 445 crank hp to give Shawn 390 rwhp, so be it. But Todd is either very inexperienced in dynos or he's gullible, it's funny he wants to believe an independent tuner dyno shop over the SAE and the makers of the engines themselves.
Todd may even believe another guy's dyno that stated he made 402 rwhp stock. That would be good for over 455+ crank hp, but he would get laughed at to suggest the dyno reads properly but his car is just an exceptionally strong one that's got an additional 40 hp over what the SAE engineers certified the engines as having.

Todd hasn't quite figured out some tuner shops LOVE to calibrate their dynos to read high. Doing so, brings in the dyno glory guys who WANT to brag about how much power their cars make. It's marketing and good for business.
If that dyno came back and SAID his car had 340 rwhp, do you think Shawn would post that up on forums? Do you think the dyno shop would market that on forums? And do you think a bunch of people would want to go their and then dyno their cars?
NO, NO, and NO.

Some shops WANT to calibrate their dynos to intentionally read high. It's good for THEIR business. But it doesn't make them accurate in the slightest.
yea I am just soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo gullible....I live in the south and Rick's shop is up north in Michigan so I have a lot to gain by riding his ******* right?

You know some one like you only believes WHAT YOU WANT regardless of the facts presented. Funny you didnt reply in the post where Rick came and and spoke about his "highly optimistic" dyno as you put it or something close to that wording.

He also just posted his track times from his auto car that I guess has "high" dyno readings...it turned 11.61@119mph....

Like I KEEP SAYING believe what you want as I don't live in a fairy world like you want others to believe.

I have dynoed my 2 cobra's plus 2 other mustangs plus 5 other Ford performance cars including replica cobra's, Ford sunliners and starliners but again what do I know? Been to countless dyno days all around the south with my cars and others but what do I know?

Looks like Rick backs up what his dyno states, huh?

Oh and here is the link to Rick's runs with the auto for your reading enjoyment: https://themustangsource.com/f726/11...ustang-486919/

Last edited by todd03blown; 8/26/10 at 08:44 PM.
Old 8/27/10, 12:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by todd03blown
yea I am just soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo gullible....I live in the south and Rick's shop is up north in Michigan so I have a lot to gain by riding his ******* right?

You know some one like you only believes WHAT YOU WANT regardless of the facts presented. Funny you didnt reply in the post where Rick came and and spoke about his "highly optimistic" dyno as you put it or something close to that wording.

He also just posted his track times from his auto car that I guess has "high" dyno readings...it turned 11.61@119mph....

Like I KEEP SAYING believe what you want as I don't live in a fairy world like you want others to believe.

I have dynoed my 2 cobra's plus 2 other mustangs plus 5 other Ford performance cars including replica cobra's, Ford sunliners and starliners but again what do I know? Been to countless dyno days all around the south with my cars and others but what do I know?

Looks like Rick backs up what his dyno states, huh?

Oh and here is the link to Rick's runs with the auto for your reading enjoyment: https://themustangsource.com/f726/11...ustang-486919/
What does the track times of an auto car have to do with any dyno readings of another car, especially one that's a manual?

Further, notice the 390 rwhp base was with GT500 axlebacks too.

I've been super busy and haven't had time to read all posts here, I do others things to you know?

But I did just recently read it, and notice Rick stated he hasn't had another car with the same miles or minor mods on it (like a GT500 axleback) to compare to Shaun's results, but he did say he had another car with a bit over a thousand miles that made around 374 rwhp, just like Shaun's did truly stock!
Still Todd, you don't seem to comprehend, even if Shaun's car was truly totally stock when it dynoed 390 rwhp, there ARE occasional factory freaks, Rick even mentioned that.
But like anybody who knows anything about scientific testing too, knows you often throw out the abnormally high and abnormally low result.
You don't take one "weird" or out of normal result and use that as a guide for all.
You look at "average" and as I've stated, and you seem unwilling to understand, whether that be YOUR desire not to comprehend or just lack thereof,
the average 5.0 that is truly stock on 91-93 octane dynos around 365-370 rwhp.
And EACH dyno is different.
390 rwhp not normal and 402 rwhp another guy claimed surely is not. And even though it was just an axleback or whatever, the fact he had GT500 axleback on there means he did NOT get 390 rwhp STOCK. He got 375 rwhp stock.

And lastly, you may have dynoed 3-4 cars and been to a few dyno days, but I've dynoed dozens of cars and been to many dyno days too, I've even lent my personal car to tuners for tuning.
There is no doubt with 4000-5000 break in miles car make a more power, you see that in testing and track results too.

The 365-370 rwhp I've been seeing as average for the 5.0 seems to come with cars with 300-1500 miles on them.

I don't think we've yet seen enough (or more than 1 or 2) dynos of truly STOCK 5.0's on 91 or 93 octane to know what the average broke in stock car does.

Are we done now? I know I am.
Old 8/30/10, 07:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

The 365-370 rwhp I've been seeing as average for the 5.0 seems to come with cars with 300-1500 miles on them.

I don't think we've yet seen enough (or more than 1 or 2) dynos of truly STOCK 5.0's on 91 or 93 octane to know what the average broke in stock car does.
100% stock, mine dynoed almost 380 with 1100 miles..379 ish to be exact.. 93octane only since the car was delivered ( i filled it with the dealer ), 79* 50% humidity, no cooldown prior to being on the dyno..

taking it to a track rental this friday IF huricane Earl Doesnt affect the day...

lebanon NY.. 607' altitude..