Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Eibach Pro-Damper Shocks & Struts (11-12 GT, V6)

Search this Thread

Old 2/24/12, 02:03 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eibach Pro-Damper Shocks & Struts (11-12 GT, V6)

Does anyone have any info on these? I am assuming that these will not require the GT500 mounts. Anyone have these yet?

http://www.americanmuscle.com/eibiac...mper-1112.html
Old 2/24/12, 02:42 PM
Bullitt Member

I have these along with the pro kit springs.... so far so good, love the ride :-) as far as the GT500 strut mounts, u won't need them... I actually purchased them and the installer showed me how they weren't compatible... I think this mounts are for the FRPP struts
Old 2/24/12, 02:55 PM
GT Member

Awesome thanks a ton.
Old 4/2/12, 05:32 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Hi, I am looking at the whole Eibach deal...Pro-System-Plus-Kit, Pro Springs/Pro Dampers/Sway Bars. I spoke with Eibach in California, and they said to use the stock GT strut mounts, so that jives with what Gtstyles2 says above, thanks. However, Eibach recommeds buying a front alignment kit, which has better adjusting camber bolts, $30. Does that sound right?
Old 4/2/12, 09:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by PJRManagement
Hi, I am looking at the whole Eibach deal...Pro-System-Plus-Kit, Pro Springs/Pro Dampers/Sway Bars. I spoke with Eibach in California, and they said to use the stock GT strut mounts, so that jives with what Gtstyles2 says above, thanks. However, Eibach recommeds buying a front alignment kit, which has better adjusting camber bolts, $30. Does that sound right?
The front is only an inch drop, a front end alignment should be good enough... u also need need an adjustable panhard bar to center the rear, especially if u run wider wheels in the back
Old 4/2/12, 10:21 PM

Hey, thanks! What if I keep my stock wheels/tires...19x8.5, 255/40 19...all around. Would I still need an adjustable panhard bar? The guy at Eibach said no. But I'd be interested to hear your thoughts...
Old 4/3/12, 07:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

Hey, thanks! What if I keep my stock wheels/tires...19x8.5, 255/40 19...all around. Would I still need an adjustable panhard bar? The guy at Eibach said no. But I'd be interested to hear your thoughts...
I don't think tire size is the culprit it's where the car will now sit under pre-load. The axle will can be off centered once it's dropped. If I was you I'd go with sam stranos advice and I'd guess it would include a set of springs, shocks/struts, gt 500 mounts, and an adjustable panhard bar. I don't think the sway bars would be something I would change before I seen the difference just the springs and shocks make.
Old 4/3/12, 03:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Some have needed a Panhard rod while others have not. You can always add it afterwords.
Old 4/3/12, 07:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Gtstyles2
I have these along with the pro kit springs.... so far so good, love the ride :-) as far as the GT500 strut mounts, u won't need them... I actually purchased them and the installer showed me how they weren't compatible... I think this mounts are for the FRPP struts
Yes and No.

Eibach makes 05-10 and 11-12 specific versions. Don't know if the specs/rates are different but the main difference is of course the top portion of the strut.

You will need to use the mounts if you use 05-10 specific struts, like the aforementioned Eibachs, and current available stock Konis and Bilsteins for example (supposedly a 2011 specific Koni is/will be available soon)

I must also point out that the mounts on the 2011-12 Mustang are recommended by Ford as 'one time use'. If you're careful you should be able to reuse it - however personally, I'm just gonna do it right and install a fresh set of GT500 mounts when I lower the car soon.

Last edited by JPMotorSport; 4/3/12 at 07:46 PM.
Old 4/4/12, 07:18 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by JPMotorSport
Yes and No.

Eibach makes 05-10 and 11-12 specific versions. Don't know if the specs/rates are different but the main difference is of course the top portion of the strut.

You will need to use the mounts if you use 05-10 specific struts, like the aforementioned Eibachs, and current available stock Konis and Bilsteins for example (supposedly a 2011 specific Koni is/will be available soon)

I must also point out that the mounts on the 2011-12 Mustang are recommended by Ford as 'one time use'. If you're careful you should be able to reuse it - however personally, I'm just gonna do it right and install a fresh set of GT500 mounts when I lower the car soon.
You are correct about the Koni Sport Struts... 2011+ specifics are shipping now. Stock 2011+ Strut Mounts, 2011+ specific Steeda Strut Mounts, or 2011+ specific Maximum Motorsport Camber/Caster Plates are good-to-go.
Old 4/4/12, 06:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by JPMotorSport

Yes and No.

Of course I got the 11-12 version and u may be right... it was already at a point of no return during the install and reused the stock mounts but I don't see how they can't be reused... they bolted right back in w/o a problem... plus its not like they were worn out... car was new at the time
Old 4/4/12, 07:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Of course I got the 11-12 version and u may be right... it was already at a point of no return during the install and reused the stock mounts but I don't see how they can't be reused... they bolted right back in w/o a problem... plus its not like they were worn out... car was new at the time
Yeah - in the end YMMV. In the end I think if the car is below a certain number of miles it's 'ok' to reuse as long as you're careful, but I've heard too many horror stories.

either way I went ahead with the GT500 mounts as it makes more sense for me than full on plates if I wanted to use something like the Koni's/Bilsteins/FRPP/etc.

Last edited by JPMotorSport; 4/4/12 at 07:35 PM.
Old 4/4/12, 09:27 PM

With Eibach Pro Kit (Spring/Dampers/Sways), and only 2500 miles on my 2011, I am certain that I do NOT need new strut mounts, and I am also certain that I do NOT need an adjustable Panhard bar. The drop on the Eibach Pro Kit is 1" in front, and 1.5" in rear. I'll get the new camber bolts for the front struts, just in case, but as far as ancillary equipment/parts, I should be fine without. If anyone knows for a FACT anything different, please let me know, thanks for helping!
Old 4/4/12, 09:40 PM
Bullitt Member

With Eibach Pro Kit (Spring/Dampers/Sways), and only 2500 miles on my 2011, I am certain that I do NOT need new strut mounts, and I am also certain that I do NOT need an adjustable Panhard bar. The drop on the Eibach Pro Kit is 1" in front, and 1.5" in rear. I'll get the new camber bolts for the front struts, just in case, but as far as ancillary equipment/parts, I should be fine without. If anyone knows for a FACT anything different, please let me know, thanks for helping!
You are absolutely correct my friend! Some people need the panhard bar some do not. Best bet is install the drop kit and the check it out to aee if you need it. Bolts in the other hand are cheap and 75 percent of the time are needed
Old 4/4/12, 09:44 PM

Hey PJR, Eibach Pro Kit...good choice. You may want to get a adjustable panhard bar but its really not a must have. The rear end will shift a little with a 1.5" drop but will not be as noticeable with stock wheels and tires than with wider tires. As far as camber bolts, you probably wont need them either. I have a 1 1/4" drop in front and my camber is well within spec. Hope all goes well and
"Happy Modding".
Old 4/4/12, 10:52 PM

Thanks Roel and Dacam. I really appreciate the feedback and help. I'm on a budget, and I can't go crazy with mods, and I plan on keeping this car for a long time...saved up and wanted one and got it just the way I want it. I also use it as a daily driver, but only about 5 miles/day. Love everything about the car. I'm gonna keep my stock 19" rims, and I have max summer tires (so I think I will not go Panhard Bar). But, had my first track day this past Saturday, and she ran really great, but was floaty with too much body roll in the corners. I'm hoping the Eibach Pro Kit fixes most of that, so that my next track run will be much improved. All said and done should run me about $1k. Thoughts...?
Old 6/12/12, 08:38 PM
Bullitt Member

After the install at 2,900 miles I am now at 6,100 and am starting to hear a wierd noise especially the right front.... Im going to assume my factory strut mounts are starting to go... Anyone with the Eibach setup found good strut mounts??
Old 6/12/12, 08:44 PM
Bullitt Member

gt500 strut mounts from am with forum discount like $88 shipped.
The eibach pro kit is a great deal you can find them online for under $500 shipped
for the pro dampers/bump stops/sportline springs or pro kit springs also right now you can get a $20 mail in rebate from eibach.
I got the sportline pro system from discount tire direct for my 2013 and with the $20 mail in rebate total is $468 ad the gt500 strut mounts j&m lcas j&m adj phb I'm still well under $800 for a total suspension upgrade. Which i've done several of these with my buddies using hand tools and jackstands once you've done one it's about a two hour job for the whole upgrade.
We've all been able to cut 1.9 60 fts on street tires with the j&m lcas and being lowered using either the pro kit or sportline pro kits.
just my .02c

Last edited by 3.73-11; 6/12/12 at 08:46 PM.
Old 6/12/12, 09:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 3.73-11
gt500 strut mounts from am with forum discount like $88 shipped.
The eibach pro kit is a great deal you can find them online for under $500 shipped
for the pro dampers/bump stops/sportline springs or pro kit springs also right now you can get a $20 mail in rebate from eibach.
I got the sportline pro system from discount tire direct for my 2013 and with the $20 mail in rebate total is $468 ad the gt500 strut mounts j&m lcas j&m adj phb I'm still well under $800 for a total suspension upgrade. Which i've done several of these with my buddies using hand tools and jackstands once you've done one it's about a two hour job for the whole upgrade.
We've all been able to cut 1.9 60 fts on street tires with the j&m lcas and being lowered using either the pro kit or sportline pro kits.
just my .02c
I did have the GT500 mounts and had to send back... they're not compatible with the Eibach setup... I heard the Steeda HD may work but they're like $350... way more than the GT500s
Old 6/12/12, 10:54 PM

I did have the GT500 mounts and had to send back... they're not compatible with the Eibach setup... I heard the Steeda HD may work but they're like $350... way more than the GT500s
---
Yes, Greg. Here's what I've learned so far about these. Those GT500 front strut mounts are primarily for 2011+ GT owners who installed after-market front struts (old Koni, old Bilstein, etc.). Those front struts were not 2011 specific, but rather built to fit 2005-2010. So the GT500 front strut mounts allowed those to fit in 2011+. For front struts built specifically for 2011+ (new Eibach, new Koni, etc.), the GT500 mounts actually will not fit. Of this, I'm 99% sure. If I'm wrong, others please contribute to help. Thanks!
Also, my Eibach Pro-System-Plus-Kit (springs, dampers, sway bars) is fully installed, and I love it so far. I can't wait until my next track day! See my thread (with pics):
https://themustangsource.com/f800/su...nesday-508432/

Quick Reply: Eibach Pro-Damper Shocks & Struts (11-12 GT, V6)