Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Do i need a te-tune for this?

Search this Thread

Old 8/24/13, 08:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do i need a te-tune for this?

Ok so on Monday my car is going to the dealer for TSB 12-1-10, the AC belt tensioner thing to hopefully get rid of the intermittent loud clicking sound when the AC is on when the car is warm.

I was reading the TSB and apparently they'll re-flash the PCM as part of this for whatever reason. I don't see why they have to but whatever. This is what the TSB says about it after it says to install all the new belts and parts...

"Install Integrated Diagnostic System (IDS) and identify the vehicle. Answer the IDS screen prompts according to the current vehicle A/C belt configuration.
Reprogram the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) using IDS release 76.03 or later. This new calibration is not included in the VCM 2011.11 DVD. Calibration files may also be obtained at Buy Motorcraft Parts Online | Official Motorcraft Auto Parts Site | FordParts.com.
Perform Misfire Monitor Neutral Profile Correction. Select IDS Toolbox Icon, Powertrain, Service Functions, then Misfire Monitor Neutral Profile Correction. "

The only issue I'm concerned about here is that I have a 93 performance tune on it and once I get the car back if I re-tune back to my 93 tune when I get it home, will it mess anything up in regard to this TSB fix? Or am I over thinking this?
Old 8/24/13, 08:33 AM
Bullitt Member

Also I meant re-tune in the topic heading. iPhone autocorrect drives me nuts!
Old 8/24/13, 08:43 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You will be putting the stock tune back on before taking it in to be worked on, right?

I don't think the dealer reflash will affect the ability of the performance tune to be put back on and work correctly but it wouldn't hurt to ask your tuner shop.

Last edited by Ltngdrvr; 8/24/13 at 04:24 PM.
Old 8/24/13, 11:37 AM
Bullitt Member

Definitely