Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Cobra Jet Intake Help

Search this Thread

Old 12/17/15, 11:16 AM
GT Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Cobra Jet Intake Help

I installed the Cobra Jet intake manifold a couple days ago on my 11 GT. Cobra jet Intake Manifold, Super Cobra Jet Throttle Body, CJ CAI, Bama Tune. The car keeps going into limp mode and throwing code P2112 and I can't seem to figure out why. Called Bama and they said its not the tune. Any ideas?
Old 12/17/15, 04:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like it might be a bad throttle body. If you bought it new, you may call about a replacement. If not, you might be able to have the actuator motor replaced, but I'm not certain of that.

Edit: Wanted to add that you should check your pinning for the wiring harness if you repinned it. Not sure if a loose wire would throw that code, but might as well check the simple and easy things first.

Last edited by SgtRedline; 12/17/15 at 04:48 PM.
Old 12/18/15, 08:01 AM
Bullitt Member

try getting a stock throttle body to test it... I had same issue was a bad throttle position sensor on a brandy new one from ford
Old 12/19/15, 06:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Resolution78
try getting a stock throttle body to test it... I had same issue was a bad throttle position sensor on a brandy new one from ford
A stock throttle body doesn't fit on a Cobra Jet Intake.
Old 12/21/15, 11:10 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
A stock throttle body doesn't fit on a Cobra Jet Intake.
A stock GT500 one will, I'll see if I can get my hands on one
Old 12/22/15, 12:38 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
Why waste your money on a stock GT500 Throttle Body?

I see what you are saying, you are testing it, not swapping it.

Last edited by ford20; 12/22/15 at 12:39 PM.
Old 12/25/15, 05:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by dj050894
A stock GT500 one will, I'll see if I can get my hands on one
A GT500 will but not a GT throttle body.
Old 1/7/16, 05:37 AM

Just curious if you were able to resolve the issue and what the problem ended up being.
Old 1/7/16, 07:48 AM
V6 Member

I just installed the very same intake and parts, no problem at all! I'd recheck the wires that were repinned into the New Throttle Body Connector Harness Plug!
Old 1/10/16, 09:44 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by SgtRedline
Just curious if you were able to resolve the issue and what the problem ended up being.
I redid the wiring, added a connector like Bama suggested, no change. Had Bama send me new tunes, minimal change. Some days the car runs perfectly, and some days it does not. Idk what else to do, just drive it and hope it smooths itself out I guess
Old 1/10/16, 11:59 AM
V6 Member

Did you install the intake yourself or did a shop do it? Did you reuse the Purge Valve from your stock intake manifold or did you use the new line that was used on the Boss 302 manifold that includes a new purge Valve that needed you to cut and extend the 2 wires and purge valve connector? If you have any questions you can PM me, I installed the Cobra Jet Intake, Dual 65mm CJ Throttle Body and CJ CAI all from Ford Racing, I did the work myself and fortunately all was good on startup, using a Bama Tune.
Old 1/11/16, 09:12 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by wvtrain
Did you install the intake yourself or did a shop do it? Did you reuse the Purge Valve from your stock intake manifold or did you use the new line that was used on the Boss 302 manifold that includes a new purge Valve that needed you to cut and extend the 2 wires and purge valve connector? If you have any questions you can PM me, I installed the Cobra Jet Intake, Dual 65mm CJ Throttle Body and CJ CAI all from Ford Racing, I did the work myself and fortunately all was good on startup, using a Bama Tune.
I installed myself, If the kit came with a new purge valve, than I used it. I know I had to cut and splice the 2 wires
Old 1/12/16, 07:26 AM
V6 Member

I'm not sure what kit you're referring to, If it was the Boss Install Kit, it came with a Hose with a fitting on one end that connects to the Driver's side of the intake and on the other end is a Purge Valve, the Tube Assembly attaches to a Bracket that mounts on the rear Drivers Side of the Intake. It's also where the two wires you sliced attached to the connecter on the rear of the Purge Valve.
I'm sure you thoroughly cleaned the top of the cylinder head intake ports and insured that the intake gaskets were good, torqued the intake and fuel rail bolts per spec's, checked all clamps for tightness! Which Throttle Body do you have Dual 65mm or the Mono Blade? If you'd like I'll Private Message you with my Phone #, I live in Clermont, FL maybe we can talk it through and find your problem.
Old 1/13/16, 07:36 AM
GT Member

I'm not sure what kit you're referring to, If it was the Boss Install Kit, it came with a Hose with a fitting on one end that connects to the Driver's side of the intake and on the other end is a Purge Valve, the Tube Assembly attaches to a Bracket that mounts on the rear Drivers Side of the Intake. It's also where the two wires you sliced attached to the connecter on the rear of the Purge Valve.
I'm sure you thoroughly cleaned the top of the cylinder head intake ports and insured that the intake gaskets were good, torqued the intake and fuel rail bolts per spec's, checked all clamps for tightness! Which Throttle Body do you have Dual 65mm or the Mono Blade? If you'd like I'll Private Message you with my Phone #, I live in Clermont, FL maybe we can talk it through and find your problem.
Yes, I'm referring to the Boss install kit, I used everything from that except for one hose, and the fuel line. I checked everything before I installed it to make sure there were no obvious problems. I didn't break out a torque wrench or anything, but I did make sure to tighten the manifold and fuel rails in the order specified in the install guide. All clamps are tight. Monoblade TB. I appreciate the help. Please do PM me your #, I have a busy week, so i likely will not get a chance to work on it till Sunday.
Old 1/29/16, 07:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Was starting to look at this kit myself! Wondering what the outcome was here for the OP. Seems others have had no problems with it.
Old 1/30/16, 06:43 AM
V6 Member

I purchased a Ford Racing Kit from https://fordracingpartsbydonwood.com the Kit Included Cobra Jet Intake, Cobra Jet 65mm Dual Throttle Body, Cobra Jet CAI, the total was $ 1,431.25 including shipping to FL. I did the install on a Base Model GT, it took me about 4 hours, I wanted to look like a Factory Install, It turned out Great, I also loaded a Jon Lund Tune, The car makes Great Power, A Huge Difference!!!!!
Old 1/31/16, 06:18 PM
Bullitt Member

I purchased a Ford Racing Kit from https://fordracingpartsbydonwood.com the Kit Included Cobra Jet Intake, Cobra Jet 65mm Dual Throttle Body, Cobra Jet CAI, the total was $ 1,431.25 including shipping to FL. I did the install on a Base Model GT, it took me about 4 hours, I wanted to look like a Factory Install, It turned out Great, I also loaded a Jon Lund Tune, The car makes Great Power, A Huge Difference!!!!!
So you loaded a Jon Lund tune. Is this a e-mail tune?