Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Center Caps Removal on '11 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 5/25/11, 11:04 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Center Caps Removal on '11 5.0

Hey all.

I've done a Google search and found that the preferred method of taking your center caps off is to remove the tires then punch out from behind. Everyone says 'preferred', do you have a different method other than this?

On my GT/CS a flat-tip screwdriver did the job perfectly. I tried on my 5.0 and it didn't budge and I started to chip the center rim ()

Thanks all!
Old 5/25/11, 11:48 AM

yes, they come much easier and without the chance of damage if you knock them out from behind. just use the handle of screwdriver with a rag on it and give it good tap from the backside and it pops right out.
Old 5/29/11, 03:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by y2kcbr
Hey all.

I've done a Google search and found that the preferred method of taking your center caps off is to remove the tires then punch out from behind. Everyone says 'preferred', do you have a different method other than this?

On my GT/CS a flat-tip screwdriver did the job perfectly. I tried on my 5.0 and it didn't budge and I started to chip the center rim ()

Thanks all!
You probably meant to remove the wheels right !
It is how i took mine out, and i didn't even need a sdrewdriver. Just 2 fingers did the job.